2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 18, 2014 -> 11:50 PM)
OK, nobody ever gets to complain about ND getting all the calls after that.

HAHAHAHA, get out of here with that crap. That is 1000% offensive pass interference and it wasnt even close. Dont be mad that ND finally didnt get away with something.

HAHAHAHA, get out of here with that crap. That is 1000% offensive pass interference and it wasnt even close. Dont be mad that ND finally didnt get away with something.

HAHAHAHAHA, get out of here with that crap. That is 10000% a no call since the defender was grabbing the receiver.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 18, 2014 -> 11:55 PM)
HAHAHAHAHA, get out of here with that crap. That is 10000% a no call since the defender was grabbing the receiver.

:crying

yeah, the DB who is in charge of covering the WR going towards the corner is going to grab and hold onto the other WR and let his man get as open as humanly possible.

:crying

yeah, the DB who is in charge of covering the WR going towards the corner is going to grab and hold onto the other WR and let his man get as open as humanly possible.

Why isn't he trying to go sideways then? He's moving straight back as Priosse is plowing straight ahead. He's not even trying to follow Robinson.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 12:01 AM)
Why isn't he trying to go sideways then? He's moving straight back as Priosse is plowing straight ahead. He's not even trying to follow Robinson.

because he was suppose to switch on the coverage but never could do that because the WR started blocking him as soon as the snap took place.

its an easy call, youre just mad a ref wasnt in ND's back pocket.

Well was that a good call or not to end the ND game? I'm not fond of ND's coach so I'm glad they lost. Looks like the Big 12 won't have anybody in the Final Four since they will continue to beat each other.

Anybody think KState or TCU has a chance to make the Final Four playoff thing?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 18, 2014 -> 10:50 PM)

Don't even try that around here. Way too many ND haters here (and everywhere, really) for you to get anything but ganged up on and laughed at. Just hope ND wins out the rest of the year and gets a chance to win a rematch game without the refs having that much influence on the final score.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2014 -> 10:59 PM)
I actually wanted ND to win that game cause f*** Jameis but there's no doubt that was offensive PI. Easy call.

It sucks to end that way but the call was too obvious to not call. The guy was basically run blocking for a pass play.

And jimbos speech about class and character all over the org, really?

because he was suppose to switch on the coverage but never could do that because the WR started blocking him as soon as the snap took place.

its an easy call, youre just mad a ref wasnt in ND's back pocket.

He knew he was getting beat and grabbed the receiver to buy the call, and it worked.

Well was that a good call or not to end the ND game? I'm not fond of ND's coach so I'm glad they lost. Looks like the Big 12 won't have anybody in the Final Four since they will continue to beat each other.

Anybody think KState or TCU has a chance to make the Final Four playoff thing?

You're not fond of ND's coach? Fine. But google and read up on Jameis Winston before you decide that you're glad they lost to FSU.

Don't even try that around here. Way too many ND haters here (and everywhere, really) for you to get anything but ganged up on and laughed at. Just hope ND wins out the rest of the year and gets a chance to win a rematch game without the refs having that much influence on the final score.

ND will fall behind at least 4 or 5 one loss teams. It will take an awful lot of upsets for ND to get into the top 4.

Also, though I haven't seen video/photo of this, several people are claiming that an FSU player removed his helmet on the field while celebrating the penalty call, which should have been a penalty of half the distance to the goal and an automatic first down, with enough time left to run at least two plays.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

It's bad enough the domers aren't even aware who the penalty was called on.

Was the penalty called on Fuller? All the postgame highlights kept showing Prosise. If the penalty was called on Fuller, that's even worse. He was turning towards the ball as it went in the air.

Lol. So bad. Played a great game and the loss doesn't really hurt playoff chances and you have to ruin it with this stuff. The pick plays were frequent all night and they finally got caught on one. It will be ok.

I'm not buying that. Maybe the committee will have the guts to go against the polls, but I don't see an 11-1 ND team being ranked in the top 4 at the end of the season. FSU and two SEC teams are locks for the top 4. Only if all the PAC 12, Big Ten and Big 12 teams end up with 2 losses does ND get back to #4.

Still, I don't think ND is good enough to beat Alabama or Mississippi State in the playoff anyway, so maybe it's better to go win the Orange Bowl instead.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 18, 2014 -> 10:50 PM)

Why? That was an EASY PI call.

You aren't allowed to engage a block as a receiver until after the ball has been caught by the other receiver. Otherwise it is called as a pass interference. It is a really easy call. It isn't like the typical rub play where you rub by someone and *oops* I just happened to "accidentally" run into someone, the key being you don't put your hands on the guy... which is still a grey area call. This is an obvious call.

Why? That was an EASY PI call.

You aren't allowed to engage a block as a receiver until after the ball has been caught by the other receiver. Otherwise it is called as a pass interference. It is a really easy call. It isn't like the typical rub play where you rub by someone and *oops* I just happened to "accidentally" run into someone, the key being you don't put your hands on the guy... which is still a grey area call. This is an obvious call.

Look at the play very closely. Both defenders are directly engaging Prosise and Fuller. In Prosise's case it's 100% clear that the defender is using his hands and Prosise is not. Neither of the defenders are making any sort of attempt to cover Robinson. The PI rules specifically states that to be offensive PI, the receiver has to be impeding the defender, but neither defender is making an attempt to move towards Robinson so nothing is being impeded.

YOU CAN'T GRAB ONE RECEIVER AND THEN COMPLAIN THAT HE WAS KEEPING YOU FROM COVERING ANOTHER. Well, you can because you're Florida State at home, but in the real world that's not the rule.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/19/notre-dam...h.R99xdXRq.gbpl

On top of all of that, an FSU player took off his helmet while celebrating the penalty call. Even if you think the bogus penalty call should stand, it should have been first and goal from the 6 with 13 seconds left and there is no subjectivity in that rule.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 07:25 AM)
Dude don't post tinfoil hat message board posts from the domer board. You aren't Penn State and there is no conspiracy. He was run blocking down field during a pass. It's a penalty.

I'd like someone to describe what "route" he was running there.

It's just funny because if the exact opposite happened...FSU runs that play, touchdown nullified, ND fans would be saying what you're saying - easy call, run blocking on a pass.

I'd like someone to describe what "route" he was running there.

It's just funny because if the exact opposite happened...FSU runs that play, touchdown nullified, ND fans would be saying what you're saying - easy call, run blocking on a pass.

It's hard to tell what route a receiver is running when the defender is grabbing him. Plus the PI rule specifically uses the term "impeding" and neither receiver on that side is impeding anything since the defenders aren't making any effort to move towards Robinson.

And no, it would have been a BS call either way. It would have been a horrible way to win a game. I never feel good about winning games like that.