2014-2015 NCAA football thread

QUOTE (Sox Fan In Husker Land @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 07:54 AM)
OK thank you. Was he ever contacted by NU?

Seems like they are still hitting him up per the response I got from my guy, so they aren't giving up on the Vest.

He does have a show cause until the end of 2016.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 10:24 AM)
Seems like they are still hitting him up per the response I got from my guy, so they aren't giving up on the Vest.

He does have a show cause until the end of 2016.

Rock, do you think Kill ends up at Nebraska?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
Seth Gruen ‏@SethGruen 1h1 hour ago

Report: Florida hires Colorado State's Jim McElwain: http://chicagosuntimes.com/sports/report-f...s-jim-mcelwain/

Pretty uninspiring hire for a school like Florida. Did they even talk to any other head coaches? He may do well, but I expected more than throwing bags of money at the #1 guy on everyone's "hot Mid-Major Coaches" list. He's only 22-16 as a head coach, at least Urban Meyer was 39-8 when they hired him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 08:57 AM)
Pretty uninspiring hire for a school like Florida. Did they even talk to any other head coaches? He may do well, but I expected more than throwing bags of money at the #1 guy on everyone's "hot Mid-Major Coaches" list. He's only 22-16 as a head coach, at least Urban Meyer was 39-8 when they hired him.

I don't believe they ever considered anyone else.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 11:57 AM)

Coaches are getting paid a lot of money at schools that arent traditional powers. Plus those jobs provide better job security. Mullen and Freeze will be getting $4m a year and will have great security as long as they win their 8 games a year and make a run at the SEC West every recruiting cycle.

Besides the Chip Kelly nonsense that Colin Cowherd got from his "sources", who is that slam dunk name out there this year?

Really missed the boat by not firing Muschamp last season. They could've made a run at Charlie Strong.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 11:25 AM)
Coaches are getting paid a lot of money at schools that arent traditional powers. Plus those jobs provide better job security. Mullen and Freeze will be getting $4m a year and will have great security as long as they win their 8 games a year and make a run at the SEC West every recruiting cycle.

Besides the Chip Kelly nonsense that Colin Cowherd got from his "sources", who is that slam dunk name out there this year?

Really missed the boat by not firing Muschamp last season. They could've made a run at Charlie Strong.

I get what you are saying, I just imagine Florida as a top-tier program and it just seemed like they settled and spent a lot of money. Although, he may be a great coach, I have no idea.

At least they didn't hear Mike Riley, right? :lol:

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 01:01 PM)
Nebraska hire reminds me of Gene Chizik.

So all they need to do now is buy a Heisman level QB to come play for them and then get an offensive coordinator who is the real brains behind the operation and they can compete for a national title, suck when they offensive coordinator leaves, fire Riley, and then hire the offensive coordinator back to win again?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 06:07 PM)
So all they need to do now is buy a Heisman level QB to come play for them and then get an offensive coordinator who is the real brains behind the operation and they can compete for a national title, suck when they offensive coordinator leaves, fire Riley, and then hire the offensive coordinator back to win again?

Exactly.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)
You'd think that Nebraska just hired the most marquee name out there if you read the tweets by national college football reporters.

Nationally Riley was always pretty well thought of. It isn't like OSU is a place easy to recruit. Any local kids with high upside are going to Oregon.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 12:18 PM)
Top post on the Oregon State Board was how Riley would be fired after this upcoming weekend. It was from ten days ago. I guess Nebraska saved them there.

Isnt that the top post for pretty much every NCAA football program