2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 07:18 PM)
It's interesting how Bernstein reacts in situations with conflict when he can't control it

Yes it is. Well, whenever he has callers that are smart enough to debate with him he always will just talk over them and repeat the same question over and over again dismissing any point that they are trying to make.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 05:16 PM)
I heard it, you can download it on their podcast on the CBS website. A few weeks ago in crosstalk all of them were discussing Brandon Marshall and whether the Bears would keep him or not. Mannelly started to say he thought the Bears would keep him but Bernstein interrupted him and told him "agree with me and you will look smarter in a few months." Mannelly kind of stopped and said "well ok then" but you could tell Spiegel didn't like it.

Today Spiegel blasted him for walking back his strong conviction that the Bears won't have him on the team.

He is becoming the Joe Cowley of the Bears. Like cowley was fed all of the Sox info from the Guillen family and only took their side. He is the mouthpiece for someone in the Bears organization and will scream his views. He continues to rip Trestman and the Ravens apart to make the Bears look good. He really started it when Trestman showed up the Bears by announcing the benching of Cutler.

It's a shame to because at one time he was one of the funniest and entertaining personalities on the radio. His Saturday morning show was absolutely hilarious.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 08:58 PM)
He is becoming the Joe Cowley of the Bears. Like cowley was fed all of the Sox info from the Guillen family and only took their side. He is the mouthpiece for someone in the Bears organization and will scream his views. He continues to rip Trestman and the Ravens apart to make the Bears look good. He really started it when Trestman showed up the Bears by announcing the benching of Cutler.

It's a shame to because at one time he was one of the funniest and entertaining personalities on the radio. His Saturday morning show was absolutely hilarious.

His love affair with all things Theo is getting good.

Fans are morons for thinking somehow the cubs screwed up the bleacher repair.

His little sidekick is right there with him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)
@peanuttillman: Bear fans, I just found out some great news that will benefit us all about me staying in Chicago. @RapSheet doesn't even have this news.

I am extremely interested in this. I love Peanut, as far as I'm concerned, he should have a lifetime contract, haha. Maybe he's going to play safety?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
DBs coach?

Already hired as is our assistant secondary coach. I suppose he could be getting some form of an assistant coaching job but presume he still wants to play so maybe he has been 100% cleared to work out, etc.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
Already hired as is our assistant secondary coach. I suppose he could be getting some form of an assistant coaching job but presume he still wants to play so maybe he has been 100% cleared to work out, etc.

Peanut just doesn't seem NFL starter quality anymore, though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
And he follows it up with:

I stayed @CourtyardHotels the other day and they are giving me a discount. I will be in the city more often because of this.

LOL...hard troll.

***jason slowly takes off Peanut jersey***

for real though, he has said multiple times on the Score that he has no interest in coaching, and that he actually doesnt really like watching football. I dont think coaching is in his future, but who knows, maybe sometime down the line he is interested.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
***jason slowly takes off Peanut jersey***

No...one day I'm getting a Peanut jersey though. That is a jersey you can wear with pride. Plus Peyton's nickname is Peanut (not after Tillman but hey, it works). It was cause she was / is so tiny.

The New England Patriots would probably give just about anything to make the deflated football saga go away. Ravens defensive end Chris Canty believes the AFC Championship Game incident is just the latest in a pattern of rule-bending behavior from a conference rival.

"The Patriots are habitual line-steppers," Canty told NBCSN's ProFootballTalk on Wednesday. "If the allegations are true, then you are talking about attacking the integrity of our game and I have an issue with that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000046...al-linesteppers

Somebody watched the Chappelle Show!!! :lol:

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 01:09 AM)
Care to elaborate?

Sure. He and Cutler are personal friends. I believe that Loggains is also a good coach. He was in Tennessee as the QB coach for 5 years or so. In Lovie's last season, Cutler wanted Loggains as the Pass Game Coordinator and QB coach working with Tice. Tennessee blocked the move. Loggains went on to become the Titans OC the next year. Last year, he was the QB coach in Cleveland. Now he has finally made his way to Chicago.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 06:44 AM)
I think the idea that hiring a QB coach that has had that position for like 10 years as some placation of Cutler, or even the hand-wringing over it, is ridiculous.

I'm fine with keeping Cutler but I don't believe in getting rid of him without a replacement. I don't think it's placating but I do think it means he'll be the Bears QB. Which like I said, is fine with me.