2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
Where do you see Jones at? At first I was thinking he'd be nice on the inside (he could be) but looking back at scouting reports there was talk of his as 3-4 OLB.

Briggs has said with the new staff he'd like to return, what's everyones thoughts on that. I think he'd fit as an ILB, but only at the right price.

Time to move on from Briggs.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
That's how I feel about the entire Seattle team. Mainly because their two mouthpieces are Lynch and Sherman, two of the most unlikable people in the league (and that's saying something).

Watch this two minute video then come back and try to tell me that Lynch is unlikeable. You won't be able to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2uN28EJRlA

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
Time to move on from Briggs.

I tend to agree, but if the staff sits down with him and thinks he can sort of rededicate himself he could still be a good piece to the puzzle. Again I only want him if the price is right. Give him an incentive laden deal with some sort of workout bonus ( I think that's a thing).

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
Where do you see Jones at? At first I was thinking he'd be nice on the inside (he could be) but looking back at scouting reports there was talk of his as 3-4 OLB.

Briggs has said with the new staff he'd like to return, what's everyones thoughts on that. I think he'd fit as an ILB, but only at the right price.

Jones probably will go to strong side line backer and rush the passer.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 03:21 PM)
I tend to agree, but if the staff sits down with him and thinks he can sort of rededicate himself he could still be a good piece to the puzzle. Again I only want him if the price is right. Give him an incentive laden deal with some sort of workout bonus ( I think that's a thing).

Rededication doesnt fix an old body, he's done.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)
Jones probably will go to strong side line backer and rush the passer.

I actually think they will run a lot of "50" front stuff in year 1. It's basically just an under front with a stand-up SLB as another pass rusher. I think that guy is acquired with the #7 pick in the draft.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 10:53 PM)
I actually think tWhill run a lot of "50" front stuff in year 1. It's basically just an under front with a stand-up SLB as another pass rusher. I think that guy is acquired with the #7 pick in the draft.

What can the Mizzu guys on the board tell us about Shane Ray?

I read that it was Golden and not Ray that was getting the extra attention. Is this true? If so wouldn't it be fair to say that defenses thought Golden was the better player?

His first step looks redonkulous but what happens when someone gets their hands on him.

While we're at it tell us about Golden. If the Bears trade down he could be an option, or perhaps even in the 2nd should they go a different direction in the 1st.....Danny Shelton anyone?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 11:23 PM)
I don't care what other people say, I like Marshawn Lynch and his "f*** you" attitude. Call me crazy but the Seahawks don't strike me as a particularly unlikeable bunch, J hope the bury those cheaters this Sunday.

I disagree completely. I think the Seahawks are the most unlikable team in the NFL, besides maybe the Patriots now. I think this Superbowl will be hate-watched by anyone who isn't a fan of one of these teams.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
Watch this two minute video then come back and try to tell me that Lynch is unlikeable. You won't be able to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2uN28EJRlA

So he is willing to act in a comedy segment, but not willing to talk to media?

Still doesn't make me like him.

Lynch is willing to be likeable if there is money involved. Whatever. I know the press is a drag, but pro athletes need to realize they wouldn't be getting paid what they are getting paid if it weren't for media, etc. People want to know things. You want to act like a jerk, fine, but eventually that catches up to you. Dealing with the media, answering questions, is part of the job description. If you don't want to do that, go make $10 an hour somewhere and tell your new boss you don't want to talk to the clients. See how that goes over. If every player acted like him, I doubt many would be fine with it, and I am sure there would be several less zeros on the balance of their bank accounts.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
Lynch is willing to be likeable if there is money involved. Whatever. I know the press is a drag, but pro athletes need to realize they wouldn't be getting paid what they are getting paid if it weren't for media, etc. People want to know things. You want to act like a jerk, fine, but eventually that catches up to you. Dealing with the media, answering questions, is part of the job description. If you don't want to do that, go make $10 an hour somewhere and tell your new boss you don't want to talk to the clients. See how that goes over. If every player acted like him, I doubt many would be fine with it, and I am sure there would be several less zeros on the balance of their bank accounts.

I disagree with part of this. I generally think that people don't want to know things. If you want to hear thoughts from Marshawn Lynch, well I have some s*** to sell you. Not only do I not want to hear from Marshawn Lynch, I don't want to hear anything from any of these guys. Play the damn game. I hate SB week.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 09:17 AM)
I disagree with part of this. I generally think that people don't want to know things. If you want to hear thoughts from Marshawn Lynch, well I have some s*** to sell you. Not only do I not want to hear from Marshawn Lynch, I don't want to hear anything from any of these guys. Play the damn game. I hate SB week.

Maybe you don't but I'm sure fans of the teams want to hear what he says. Just like we still want to hear 10 years later from the 05 Sox.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
But what really ever comes out of "media day" that matters or anyone cares about? It's always just canned non-answers.

This is true. The media day thing is a joke. But I still dislike that entire team. Carrell is a cheating asshole. Sherman is a loud mouth braggart. And Lynch pulls too many stunts. Just answer questions for 5 minutes and move on with your day. He's pulling these stunts just to be different and get MORE attention.

And the 12th man stuff is obnoxious. Literally every fan base thinks they're the best. Seattle is no different.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 11:13 PM)
I disagree completely. I think the Seahawks are the most unlikable team in the NFL, besides maybe the Patriots now. I think this Superbowl will be hate-watched by anyone who isn't a fan of one of these teams.

I hated Pete at USC but I kind of have grown to love him in the NFL. I love the Seahawks. I love Sherman, I love Bennett, and I most certainly love Lynch. I just think Lynch should start doing all of his interviews with like 12 year old's who are into sports and give them great exclusive content (I can't get credit for this...DP suggested it yesterday).

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:02 AM)

I'm sure he's a nice guy off the field but he's a jerkoff when it's football related. All he wants to do is promote his brand and acting this way gets him the most attention.