2014 MLB catch-all thread

southsider2k5

This new rule where you have to have a clean transfer to the throwing hand on a force out is ridiculous.

Arencibia just caught a ball on a force at home, but bobbled the transfer (he clearly caught the ball) and they called the runner safe at home. The runner was nowhere near home plate.

Instant replay was supposed to make sure the close plays were called correctly. Not stupid crap like that.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:03 PM)
This new rule where you have to have a clean transfer to the throwing hand on a force out is ridiculous.

Arencibia just caught a ball on a force at home, but bobbled the transfer (he clearly caught the ball) and they called the runner safe at home. The runner was nowhere near home plate.

Instant replay was supposed to make sure the close plays were called correctly. Not stupid crap like that.

Totally agree. That has been the worst thing about replay. Nobody on either side of that call wants it enforced that way. That's a rule that should be looked at immediately and changed.

isnt it abnormal for a GM to mention contract offer number specifics when asked about negotiations? When i first read your post, i figured the number was leaked, not that Jack Z actually said that was the declined offer in an interview.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 16, 2014 -> 11:41 AM)
isnt it abnormal for a GM to mention contract offer number specifics when asked about negotiations? When i first read your post, i figured the number was leaked, not that Jack Z actually said that was the declined offer in an interview.

The Tigers just did exactly that with Scherzer.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 07:18 PM)
Totally agree. That has been the worst thing about replay. Nobody on either side of that call wants it enforced that way. That's a rule that should be looked at immediately and changed.

Replay in regular season baseball is terrible.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 19, 2014 -> 04:45 PM)
Burls--7 shutout innings vs the Indians

4-0, 0.64

Late career 20-win season would be very cool. Going to need luck, but you never know.

Just waiting for the thread saying the Sox should have kept Buehrle instead of signing Paulino. You know it's coming.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 02:41 PM)

I watched that and came to post it. Lots of people at fault in that scrum, Snyder and Weeks are probably going to get some time off too

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
Has he always been such a tool, or only since he learned how to hit?

Always

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
Has he always been such a tool, or only since he learned how to hit?

He's become a more egotistic ass since he's learned how to hit.

But he's always been an ass.

Edited by chw42