Sox claim Javy Guerra

kevo880

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bernie Pleskoff ‏@BerniePleskoff 3m

#WhiteSox have claimed Javy Guerra off waivers from the #Dodgers. That's a big addition to the bullpen. Good move.

I like it. Nice to have surplus arms. It's a long season.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 01:25 PM)
Bernie Pleskoff ‏@BerniePleskoff 3m

#WhiteSox have claimed Javy Guerra off waivers from the #Dodgers. That's a big addition to the bullpen. Good move.

I like it. Nice to have surplus arms. It's a long season.

Hope Veal is shown the door.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 01:28 PM)

I can't imagine the Sox go with just one lefty, especially since Downs has looked pretty shaky.

The bullpen is definitely a weakness, or at least a concern, going into opening day.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)

Me too. He's a righty though. So unless they feel the same way I do and don't give a crap how many lefties we have in the pen this year, I bet not. :(

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 01:27 PM)
So if he is on the big league roster, I wonder who is the odd man out.

Most likely Webb. He could probably use more time in AAA anyway, he ascended quickly.

I am glad that Beckham is still with the Sox. I think this could be his breakout year. As far as a 2011 success story pitcher being claimed off waivers is not that big of a deal to me. However, I hope he can contribute to a winning Sox year

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 01:38 PM)
Anybody know more about what happened to him last year and how he ended up slipping through the whole NL on waivers?

I don't know why the NL passed on him. But he did struggles last year but only got 10 2/3 innings at the MLB level. 2 years before that he had ERAs under 2.60.

Fell out of favor because they signed everybody in the bullpen like Wilson, Howell and pushed starters into the pen.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 01:32 PM)
I can't imagine the Sox go with just one lefty, especially since Downs has looked pretty shaky.

The bullpen is definitely a weakness, or at least a concern, going into opening day.

Especially since it appears that the main use for the pen is to try to develop tradeable assets.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 01:41 PM)
I am glad that Beckham is still with the Sox. I think this could be his breakout year. As far as a 2011 success story pitcher being claimed off waivers is not that big of a deal to me. However, I hope he can contribute to a winning Sox year

I feel like we hear this every year..