4/24 Games

caulfield12

Micah 3-4 with a 2B & HR. He's been incredible so far this season. Every aspect of his offensive game has been amazing so far other than his stolen base numbers (which aren't bad). I said it last year, but the kid has a chance of being a true impact player. Him, Eaton, & Semien could give us three strong options for the top of our lineup as soon as next year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 07:59 PM)
Davidson has been 2011 Adam Dunn bad in AAA.

Didn't like this deal when it happened, his stats aren't helping his cause now, total bust (hopefully not), couldn't hit Zach f***in Stewart last week, I've loved Reed since his days in Kanny where I saw his velocity in action, much rather have extended instead of deal him for this bum, hopefully he proves me wrong

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 02:53 AM)
I've heard Micah was a legit 1st round prospect until he got injured.

I never saw anyone put a 1st round projection on him. BA had him ranked around #150 prior to the draft, which would have made him a late 4th/early 5th round prospect. If he hadn't had surgery and missed two months of the season his draft year then he probably would have gone much higher than the 9th round, and could have possibly been a top #100 draft prospect or better. It does actually say a lot that BA ranked him that highly despite him hitting .225/.303/.388, 8BB, 22SO as a junior.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)
Didn't like this deal when it happened, his stats aren't helping his cause now, total bust (hopefully not), couldn't hit Zach f***in Stewart last week, I've loved Reed since his days in Kanny where I saw his velocity in action, much rather have extended instead of deal him for this bum, hopefully he proves me wrong

It's early. He's hit very well at every level.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 10:18 PM)
It's early. He's hit very well at every level.

Honestly, I don't think his numbers in AAA were that good. He posted a .831 OPS in a great hitters league and a great hitters park. For comparison purposes, Eaton posted a .995 OPS in his full season at Reno. I know there's an age factor at play, but one guy is a scrappy leadoff hitter and the other is a power hitter. There really shouldn't be this significant of a difference in performance between the two.

Don't get me wrong, I still like Davidson as a prospect and was 100% in favor of the Reed trade, but I don't think he's proven himself in AAA yet like some people believe.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 10:01 PM)
I never saw anyone put a 1st round projection on him. BA had him ranked around #150 prior to the draft, which would have made him a late 4th/early 5th round prospect. If he hadn't had surgery and missed two months of the season his draft year then he probably would have gone much higher than the 9th round, and could have possibly been a top #100 draft prospect or better. It does actually say a lot that BA ranked him that highly despite him hitting .225/.303/.388, 8BB, 22SO as a junior.

I heard it on a white sox podcast. Think it was with Rongey and Dan Hayes. But not sure

And Davidsons only like 23. Not panicking yet.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)

Jon, I thought I was the only one on the board who didn't like the trade when it happened. Glad I'm not alone here. It's very easy for us to second guess the trade now, however. One of the reasons I didn't like it then was because Arizona had such a good look at him in 2013, and they didn't want him. I always thought they could have gotten more for Reed, or just have kept him.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 07:23 AM)
Jon, I thought I was the only one on the board who didn't like the trade when it happened. Glad I'm not alone here. It's very easy for us to second guess the trade now, however. One of the reasons I didn't like it then was because Arizona had such a good look at him in 2013, and they didn't want him. I always thought they could have gotten more for Reed, or just have kept him.

Just like the Sox didn't want Addison Reed, right?

Of course that's not true, because the Sox did like Addison Reed, but they felt that Davidson was a better fit for them and the DBacks felt that Reed was a better fit for them.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 08:17 AM)
Just like the Sox didn't want Addison Reed, right?

Of course that's not true, because the Sox did like Addison Reed, but they felt that Davidson was a better fit for them and the DBacks felt that Reed was a better fit for them.

Yes, but the D Backs were supposedly desperate for power. They gave up a lot to get Trumbo. If they thought Davidson could provide that, I don't think they make that trade. Trumbo can hit homers, but other than that, is pretty awful.

To me it's like the Sox trading Addison Reed when they are looking for a closer.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 08:53 AM)
Yes, but the D Backs were supposedly desperate for power. They gave up a lot to get Trumbo. If they thought Davidson could provide that, I don't think they make that trade. Trumbo can hit homers, but other than that, is pretty awful.

To me it's like the Sox trading Addison Reed when they are looking for a closer.

They also have Martin Prado signed for another 3 years too so Towers felt that Davidson was a trade chip he could use to acquire that closer.

Look, slice it any way you want to, but saying that the Diamondbacks didn't want Davidson is the exact same thing as saying the Sox didn't want Reed, and both of them are completely wrong.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 09:35 AM)
While I generally agree, either Hahn or Towers could have thought they were selling high on their respective player. I know I wanted to move Reed since last July because he had made some value out of himself.

I don't disagree with that and I'm glad Hahn moved Reed like he did.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 10:58 PM)
Man, what's to be done about Davidson?

At this stage? Nothing unless there is a mechanical tweek that needs to be made. If he is going to be a major leaguer, he needs to learn how to fail and recover. I'd rather see him doing it in Charlotte vs Chicago.