White Sox vs Tigers

Kyyle23

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:43 PM)
Have you seen Torii Hunter live this year? If not, are you therefore not in a position to say he's been bad defensively this year?

I couldn't tell you if Hunter is good or bad defensively anymore. I thought he was always overrated though. Based at where he was at in his peak and the expected regression, I'd guess that he's pretty poor at this point in his career. Aren't you the same guy that thought ADA was a good defender and a good base runner?

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)
He'll need 301 by then. 32 games after today. He'll probably have 172 after today. Needs 129 in 32 games, almost exactly 4 per game.

so unlikely because he always sits vs LHP

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:52 PM)
Agreed, and they'll be together for a few years, so they'll be fun to watch.

It must have been absolute hell for Pirates fans watching him destroy AAA just waiting for him to get the call.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:46 PM)
I couldn't tell you if Hunter is good or bad defensively anymore. I thought he was always overrated though. Based at where he was at in his peak and the expected regression, I'd guess that he's pretty poor at this point in his career. Aren't you the same guy that thought ADA was a good defender and a good base runner?

De Aza graded positively as a baserunner in every year with the Sox. He's basically a break-even base stealer, and with his above-average speed, the number of times he goes from first to third etc. has outweighed the number of times he gets picked off at first or whatever, although the latter tends to stick in the memory more. He's graded positively every year on defence bar last year in CF, where he graded slightly negatively. I would say that via the eye test he was a reasonable centre-fielder for the most part, and is now a little above average LF. The problem with Alejandro is when he makes a mistake, it tends to be of the "HOLY SH*T DID HE JUST F*CKING DO THAT" variety. They stick in the memory and to me have resulted in some people underestimating his overall value.

And yeah, Torii Hunter has been the worst defensive player in baseball this season. I can tell you that without having seen him in the stadium.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 08:56 PM)
It must have been absolute hell for Pirates fans watching him destroy AAA just waiting for him to get the call.

Yeah, but now they'll get an extra year of his services before he hits free agency.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:57 PM)
De Aza graded positively as a baserunner in every year with the Sox. He's basically a break-even base stealer, and with his above-average speed, the number of times he goes from first to third etc. has outweighed the number of times he gets picked off at first or whatever, although the latter tends to stick in the memory more. He's graded positively every year on defence bar last year in CF, where he graded slightly negatively. I would say that via the eye test he was a reasonable centre-fielder for the most part, and is now a little above average LF. The problem with Alejandro is when he makes a mistake, it tends to be of the "HOLY SH*T DID HE JUST F*CKING DO THAT" variety. They stick in the memory and to me have resulted in some people underestimating his overall value.

And yeah, Torii Hunter has been the worst defensive player in baseball this season. I can tell you that without having seen him in the stadium.

ADA takes way too much heat. He has produced as a Sox