2014-2015 NBA thread

After that game, how was there no talk about Nikolai. That was an impressive offensive performance. Nice passing, nice post moves, long range shot. You can see loads of potential. He is still going to have his bad games, which he has, but I think he has the opportunity to be a star with time. And Jimmy Buckets, what is there not to like.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 03:49 PM)
After that game, how was there no talk about Nikolai. That was an impressive offensive performance. Nice passing, nice post moves, long range shot. You can see loads of potential. He is still going to have his bad games, which he has, but I think he has the opportunity to be a star with time. And Jimmy Buckets, what is there not to like.

I didn't watch past the first quarter, but you can see flashes of what is going to make the kid a very good NBA player. He has some offensive skill, but a ways to go on defense. I can see why Thibs doesn't want to expose him too much yet.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 10:49 PM)

I don't think anybody here actually saw the game, so all impressions were based off of viewing from 9:30-10:30.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 03:49 PM)
After that game, how was there no talk about Nikolai. That was an impressive offensive performance. Nice passing, nice post moves, long range shot. You can see loads of potential. He is still going to have his bad games, which he has, but I think he has the opportunity to be a star with time.

Before he got here someone said he reminded them of Hedo Turkoglu. I think that's a pretty good comparison.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 11:11 PM)
Before he got here someone said he reminded them of Hedo Turkoglu. I think that's a pretty good comparison.

It is. That's a swell comp, within his reach, and more realistic than the Dirk comparisons.

I don't see a lot of Hedo in him. He's longer and seems to be a better rebounder. I don't know I buy the Dirk comp cause Dirk is absurd but for his size he moves extremely well and obviously has a nice touch to his shot. However, I may have a jaded memory from his early days in Sacramento and later in his career when he really couldn't move.

The crazy thing about Jo is that during his rookie year, I grew to hate him. I loved the pick, but then he just looked lackadaisical out there. He was a hustle guy who was constantly caught napping and didn't look like he took things seriously. I'm glad he grew up (but kept having fun)

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 07:31 AM)
Some cold water for the overheaded loins of doug-mcdermott-starter fans:

http://www.blogabull.com/2014/11/19/724625...ike-dunleavy-jr

Right now, McDermott doesn't even look like an NBA player at times. He really has looked bad as of late. Again, not calling him a bust and I'm a patient guy, just find it absurd everyone saying he needs more minutes and those people that still seem to think he should be starting (although no one on this board has said that recently in regards to starting). Guy needs to gain confidence and pronto cause he really seems to be struggling with his current role. Namely it would help a whole lot if he could get his shot back on track.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
Right now, McDermott doesn't even look like an NBA player at times. He really has looked bad as of late. Again, not calling him a bust and I'm a patient guy, just find it absurd everyone saying he needs more minutes and those people that still seem to think he should be starting (although no one on this board has said that recently in regards to starting). Guy needs to gain confidence and pronto cause he really seems to be struggling with his current role. Namely it would help a whole lot if he could get his shot back on track.

He's shooting 19% on uncontested 3 pointers.

I'm convinced he'll be good come jan-feb, let's say post all star break. But it does seem like after every game people are convinced any offensive dry spell would be fixed by Doug McDermott. The dude is like boozer plus/minus territory on the court.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)

I'm convinced he'll be good come jan-feb, let's say post all star break. But it does seem like after every game people are convinced any offensive dry spell would be fixed by Doug McDermott. The dude is like boozer plus/minus territory on the court.

They had some guys working out at my gym pre-draft. McBuckets was one. That 19% on uncontested 3 pointers is shocking to me. I saw him hit about 15 in a row in a drill. It was unreal. He wil turn it around.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
They had some guys working out at my gym pre-draft. McBuckets was one. That 19% on uncontested 3 pointers is shocking to me. I saw him hit about 15 in a row in a drill. It was unreal. He wil turn it around.

NBA is hard. He doesn't know what uncontested means at this point because defenders are so much more athletic and faster closing out. He's probably rushing shots thinking defenders can close out faster than they can.

For Bulls fans, we should really be rooting for the Sacramento Kings this season.

So far they are 6-5 this season and if they finish outside of the bottom 10 of the league, the Bulls will get their first round draft pick from the Luol Deng trade.

This pick could become a huge asset in next years draft to move up or acquire players.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 07:54 AM)

Agreed. And I want to point out, in no way shape or form am I saying he's bad or anything of that sort. All I'm saying is he is a rookie and we need to all temper our expectations and have a little faith in Thibbs. The fact that Dougie is still getting minutes and being allowed to make mistakes is good and I guarantee they are working very hard with him in the league. I think his transition is even more difficult since he is so used to playing with the ball. The one thing that disturbs me is early on, when I thought he was more effective, he was moving more without the ball and lately he seems far more stagnant.

In reality, he has the ability to be a similar player to MJD and It is good we have MJD around to help him. You look at how decisive Dunleavy is when he has the ball and it is great. He can pass, shoot, or dribble drive. McDermott is a better finisher so I think upside wise he has a chance to be a much better overall scorer then Dunleavy Jr. He will never be a star though or at least I don't think he will. But what we want is a valuable contributor who is a good asset as a secondary piece and he very much can be that. His skill set is also a very nice fit on this club, especially when we have a guy like Butler who it looks like we can pencil in on the perimeter for the next few years.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 12:26 PM)
For Bulls fans, we should really be rooting for the Sacramento Kings this season.

So far they are 6-5 this season and if they finish outside of the bottom 10 of the league, the Bulls will get their first round draft pick from the Luol Deng trade.

This pick could become a huge asset in next years draft to move up or acquire players.

of course, the problem is you posted this with the Bulls about to play the Kings.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 12:31 PM)
of course, the problem is you posted this with the Bulls about to play the Kings.

As the season goes on, I think a Kings W would be more valuable than a Bulls W right now. Bulls will be just fine, but the Kings are so inconsistent that I hope they win tonight lol.