2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 08:49 AM)
I guess Shaq was a little off when he said Gasol was done.

Shaq is weirdly bitter about certain players. I still am not really a fan of him on TNT, i think they tried to recreate Barkley and it just isnt the same

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 03:52 PM)
Shaq is weirdly bitter about certain players. I still am not really a fan of him on TNT, i think they tried to recreate Barkley and it just isnt the same

I saw him provide value one time, and it was him breaking down the good and bad of the knicks triangle offense.

And everyone on the set was like "WOW YOU SAID SOMETHING OF VALUE".

I think everyone thought it would be a good idea, but had no idea how mopey he is.

Re: bulls.

Was so mad. Said horrible things. Strange thing to say, but to me the difference between when bulls offense is old bulls or new bulls is when Dunleavy turns it on. We are good when he's on floor because his spacing, but when he takes advantage of it we are great.

Kirk though. ugh. That is not the player who is looking for the pass, Ellis was the shooter on that play. If you are gonna foul you have to be close so he can't put his arms up and claim a shooting motion. That and Gasol knew Ellis was shooter and was all over it, Ellis would have had to do a Nowitski sky shot for the win.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 08:49 AM)
I guess Shaq was a little off when he said Gasol was done.

So many good pick and rolls late in the game. Entire defense was keyed in on Derrick and Gasol got numerous wide open 17 footers. It was beautiful.

Gasol's still had some awful games for us though. He won't ever be the guy he was back 3-4 years ago, but what's left is still productive and way better than Boozer.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 10:24 AM)
It looked to me like Kirk fouled him on the floor. I'm actually very surprised they didn't at least look at it to make sure he was shooting. I assume that's reviewable at the end of the game, but maybe not.

Contact definitely started before he started shooting. Either way, the foul should have been in the back-court long before he could even take a real shot. If he tries to lob one from back there, there's no way they'd call that in the act of shooting since they know he was just chucking it to get a foul. Dallas was out of time-outs. Letting them dribble down the clock a few more seconds wouldn't have made a huge difference.

the problem is he didn't actually foul him hard enough so when he grabbed his arms ellis broke free for a shot. Giving us a foul on the floor would have been generous because with 2 seconds left, a half court shot was reasonable.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 10:24 AM)
It looked to me like Kirk fouled him on the floor. I'm actually very surprised they didn't at least look at it to make sure he was shooting. I assume that's reviewable at the end of the game, but maybe not.

That would be a judgement call, so I doubt it.