2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 05:28 PM)
The bulls would be foolish not to keep Butler.

They'll match whatever he gets and everyone knows it. They just weren't prepared to offer that until they saw him stay healthy and perform for this season.

If he doesn't get hurt he'll get a 5/$80 offer or whatever the Max is, the Bulls will match, and that will be that.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 6, 2014 -> 07:09 PM)
Rose is having a terrible game both shooting the ball and defending the ball.

In the first quarter, he played much more aggressive then he has in quarters past. I actually saw a lot of good out of Rose's bad game, namely from the standpoint that at times he was much more aggressive then he had been. He still settled for far too many three's and was very careless with the basketball though. This thing with Rose will take time. The key is minutes and him playing and working into better shape but also gaining further confidence in his body. Rose has a huge mental block he needs to overcome.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 12:54 PM)
He has given a new definition to the word "brick".

That's exaggerating a bit, Lance Born Ready owns that definition.

He's very hesitant to go into the paint this days (saving himself for meetings and graduations I assume), and he's still a very mediocre shooter. Unless he plays with more confidence and attacks more, he's going to be a very ordinary player offensively.

He's also been very bad at fighting through screens, and it's no surprise he had the worst +/- in that game Saturday. It could be that he's still trying to get used to playing 30 minutes a game after 2 1/2 years off, we will check back in a month from now.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
That's exaggerating a bit, Lance Born Ready owns that definition.

He's very hesitant to go into the paint this days (saving himself for meetings and graduations I assume), and he's still a very mediocre shooter. Unless he plays with more confidence and attacks more, he's going to be a very ordinary player offensively.

He's also been very bad at fighting through screens, and it's no surprise he had the worst +/- in that game Saturday. It could be that he's still trying to get used to playing 30 minutes a game after 2 1/2 years off, we will check back in a month from now.

I think a lot of this is he is still gaining confidence in his body. I haven't seen him drive and use floaters, stop and fire a midrange shot, which is something he was literally lethal with early in his career. He also has gotten to the basket at times at will (when he wants to) but hasn't had the touch that he will gain. I've seen more to be excited about then not, but it is going to be a long process with the biggest factor being his health and staying on the court. If he can stay on the court and play, we will see him look more and more like the player of old. I don't think he'll be that exact same guy / as good this year, but I still think if he plays, we'll see a guy that by seasons end is 85 to 90% of the guy he was.