2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)
I really hope this doesn't drag out too long with Melo because I have long thought it makes a ton of sense to get Kirk back at the vet min and I think he will come back, but if we have to keep sitting around that could pose an issue. Bulls could also get really creative and sign Kirk to like a 4.7M deal (technically you make it a 3 year deal with final 2 years being non-guaranteed) and use it as another asset in a S&T.

I have total confidence that Bulls management can re-sign Kirk Hinrich.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:55 PM)
No; The cap hold at the RFA price stays until the Rockets actually accept it. Basically put, there are 2 days left for Bosh to sign and the Rockets to still match Parsons. Bosh just needs to sign before the Rockets accept the offer sheet (which they now are almost down to 48 hours to do as it was signed by Parsons yesterday afternoon).

That is a f***ing god-awful rule that undermines the entire purpose of cap holds

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)
I believe Jeff...I believe. I think Melo has a lot of doubts and also isn't 100% sure he can get the money close while still going to a real good roster. Bulls best chances is for Phil to ultimately help but they need to have rumors leaked that they have scenario's lined up to get Melo his 94M max offer so that Phil bites into this S&T.

If Melo reeeeeally wants the Knicks to work with the Bulls he can force their hand to get this sign and trade done. Even when Lebron left Cleveland the first time as bitter as they were they still did a sign and trade to the Heat. Phil will ultimately cooperate and give into the sign and trade if that is Melo's wish....and it must be his wish because this would have been over by now if it wasnt.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:01 PM)
@Probballdraft: The Heat will re-sign Dwyane Wade to a max deal, according to a source. No pay cut. Mr. Heat will retire in South Beach. #ClassyOrganization

in other words, they're okay with being terrible for the foreseeable future.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:04 PM)
That is a f***ing god-awful rule that undermines the entire purpose of cap holds

Same rule for all teams in the league though. That was one of the reasons they said all along Morey knew what he was doing. He wanted to get Parsons inked and bring him back and long felt best way to do that was to let him test the open market, get his fair rate, and then sign him. Not a bad m.o. The alternative was taking the option this year and then in another year having him as a UFA and not having the ability to match everything (in case Parsons did want to go to another spot).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)
K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 46s

Tom Thibodeau has pushed hard for Kirk Hinrich's return. GM Gar Forman called re-signing Hinrich "a priority" at season's end.

facepalm.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:06 PM)
facepalm.

I don't get it. We won't get a player of his quality at the vet minimum. Makes total sense as a 3rd string PG. Limit his minutes, keep injuries to a minimal, and that is an effective back-up right there. Not to mention just a really good guy to have on our bench and in practice.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
LOL

Rob Fee @robfee

Follow

I hope Dwyane Wade doesn’t play this year and just sits in the rafters of all of Lebron’s games like Sting stalking the nWo in 96.

Someone needs to photoshop that.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:08 PM)
Theres been a lot of talk Lebron and his people ran EVERYTHING in Cleveland down to controlling when the team plane left. He got nowhere near that freedom in Miami of course.

I know about all of that, but he's grown up significantly since then. And don't you think if he wanted better seats, Miami would make that happen? Come on now. This doesn't meet the logic test.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:08 PM)
Oh, I wasn't doubting you, I just think SAS is full of crap if he thinks that is why or one of the reasons why LBJ left.

I agree that would be pretty petty.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
I don't get it. We won't get a player of his quality at the vet minimum. Makes total sense as a 3rd string PG. Limit his minutes, keep injuries to a minimal, and that is an effective back-up right there. Not to mention just a really good guy to have on our bench and in practice.

Even as the backup PG, which he'd probably be, this is true.

If they grab Melo at the max they're gonna need to grab a few vet min guys anyway.

Chicago in the mix. Melo pulling his hair out over decision. Stephen A says something going down with Bulls. hes on espn1000 with waddle n silvy.

Stephen A said he got a call 90 minute ago, that Melo still undecided. Thinks something is going down with the Bulls

Get ready Bulls fans...get ready....its almost Carrrrrrrrrrmeeeellllooooo time!!!!! It is about to happen...Melo to the Bulls!!!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
Chicago in the mix. Melo pulling his hair out over decision. Stephen A says something going down with Bulls. hes on espn1000 with waddle n silvy.

Get ready Bulls fans...get ready....its almost Carrrrrrrrrrmeeeellllooooo time!!!!! It is about to happen...Melo to the Bulls!!!

Not even going to let myself get excited.