2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:48 PM)
Also count me as disappointed that Nick Young is off market. He would have been fun.

I didn't realize how good Nick Young was last year...

18 PPG on .564 TS%.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:47 PM)
I almost feel bad for Miami. They are going to be cap strapped/no draft picks/and 7-8 seed.

Haha, actually I feel awesome! That's hilarious! hahahahah oh my god.

They will be in basketball hell

The big problem there is acting like Cleveland was obviously the better basketball decision. There is substantial basketball risk there. You're depending on a complete s***head in Kyrie Irving and a big, unrefined question mark in Wiggins. Also, Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, and 30-45 games of Anderson Varejao.

To me, he couldn't have been bulls***ting in a big way because it didn't make sense to go to Cleveland except if it meant a lot of him to succeed in Cleveland. If he wanted to win more or win with a young team, there were better options. Houston and Chicago could have accommodated him and created unbelievable juggernauts. Phoenix has a very tantalizing young core. Cleveland was only in the discussion because that's where he's from. That he even went there means there was more than desiring a public BJ from sportswriters.

I also like the sleight of hand where he pretends LBJ gets more money by going to Cleveland

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 05:14 PM)
The big problem there is acting like Cleveland was obviously the better basketball decision. There is substantial basketball risk there. You're depending on a complete s***head in Kyrie Irving and a big, unrefined question mark in Wiggins. Also, Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, and 30-45 games of Anderson Varejao.

To me, he couldn't have been bulls***ting in a big way because it didn't make sense to go to Cleveland except if it meant a lot of him to succeed in Cleveland. If he wanted to win more or win with a young team, there were better options. Houston and Chicago could have accommodated him and created unbelievable juggernauts. Phoenix has a very tantalizing young core. Cleveland was only in the discussion because that's where he's from. That he even went there means there was more than desiring a public BJ from sportswriters.

I also like the sleight of hand where he pretends LBJ gets more money by going to Cleveland

They have tons of assets and you better believe that Lebron thinks they're going to get Love with some of those assets, so yes, it was obviously a better basketball decision.

If Kyrie doesn't get it together, he'll be on the trading block and I'm sure tons of teams would still be interested in acquiring him.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 05:14 PM)

Haters going to hate. And I think that is ultimately why Lebron is going back to Cleveland. He learned that no matter what the media/etc is never going to be placated. That they will harp on him if he wins or loses. So he might as well go to the 1 place where (at least before the decision) he was beloved. Cleveland always had his back, Miami not so much. So when the hate comes, he knows that hell always have his hometown support. Miami could never offer that.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:24 PM)
Yeah; I believe they have that no matter what. It is the biannual exception. I think it is somewhere between 2-3M per year. You can use once every two years and I believe it is not dependent on cap situation (obviously teams only eventually use it when over the cap, but you didn't have to be over the cap from the same circumstances as you would for the MLE). Technically I believe there is also a MLE for those teams that don't meet the standard MLE. It is like an RMLE, I think and is less years / less $'s available then the full MLE. Might be mistaken though.

So who are people wanting at PG for 2-3M?

Did DJ play his way out of that kinda money?

Speaking of PGs....Isiah Thomas to the Suns....I wish Eric Bledsoe was a few inches taller.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 05:21 PM)
Haters going to hate. And I think that is ultimately why Lebron is going back to Cleveland. He learned that no matter what the media/etc is never going to be placated. That they will harp on him if he wins or loses. So he might as well go to the 1 place where (at least before the decision) he was beloved. Cleveland always had his back, Miami not so much. So when the hate comes, he knows that hell always have his hometown support. Miami could never offer that.

What are you talking about? Cleveland fans turned on him immediately when he left. And they were doing it when he wasn't winning too.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255389

This was written on March 12, 2012

Dan Gilbert is a mad genius who is toying with the league.

...2 years ago Gilbert formed a secret pact with 'Bron behind closed doors. The pact was, that they will not only win a ring together, but they would do so in an unprecedented fashion that people will be talking about for the rest of the century. They are in the process of forming the greatest super dynasty in NBA history. A team with league-wide power unseen since Aurbach and Russell's Boston Celtics... And everything is still going as planned...

The decision... a red herring, nothing but smoke and mirrors to keep the media off Gilbert's back while he pulls together the most elite young supporting cast in history. The other devious slight of hand is Lebron's sudden 4th quarter cold feet. It's an act. Ever see 'Bron choke like a b*tch against Detroit? He has never lacked the clutch gene or the fire in the gut until just before "The Decision". He needed a convincing story to seem frustrated, the decision needed to look legit. Do you think it's coincidence that he keeps continuing this BS choke act in Miami? He's deliberately and secretly poisoning Miami from the inside out, because he doesn't give a f_ck about Miami and he wants nothing to do with them. This is part of the plan...

The evidence get's more obvious from here. Lebron had to leave Cleveland so that Gilbert could assemble the unprecedented supporting cast... He's pulling more shady strings than Red Aurbach did for the Celtics. Here's what is happening so far:

...The acquisition of coach Byron Scott - A solid coach that preaches a fast break show-time offense for his teams while still instilling solid defense. Twice the coach Mike Brown was.

...The helpless "broken" Cavs. Coincidence that they dropped to bottom of the ranks after 2 60+ win seasons in a row!? Come on... do you honestly believe after losing one player the effect is going to be that dramatic? Even Jordan's team didn't plummet. Jordan, the GOAT... The Cavs abysmal performance last season was a phony act to give us a solid 1st round pick. - Which turned out to be pick number four.

...Then Gilbert begins the dumping act. He shed Mo Williams bloated contract for the acquisition of the Clippers solid 1st round pick... It turned out to be the number one pick.

...Then we let go of aging star Zydrunas - who was part of "The Plan" all along. He loves Cleveland so much he sacrificed his last career season for what was basically a vacation down in Miami to help gift us two solid 1st round picks including a top 10 protected. Is it a coincidence he's back with the Cavs? Now he's wearing a suit and is one of Gilbert's full-time henchman. His veteran eye scouts Gilbert's future talent like a hawk, and he keeps Gilbert's name clean of the necessary dirty work.

...Gilbert dumped J.J. and basically robbed the Kings for another top 10 protected 1st round pick.

...Kyrie Irving is a quicksilver elite point guard and he is having an epic rookie season. Just as Gilbert fully expected when he rigged the draft. The Cavs are gonna Bomb this season again, and it is another deliberate move... this is to ensure yet another solid 1st round pic.

...You keeping count? That's 6 solid 1st round pics for elite young talent that will all have small contracts - 4 of them are top 10 picks. He pulled off this feat in only 2 seasons. The Cavs will continue shedding bloated contracts left and right. By next season, he will have made room to sign at least 1 experienced superstar and an allstar to play along side those thoroughbred rookies. Every position will be stacked to the gills including sixth man Varejao, who is as elite a 6th man as any team could have, and the bench will be a mile deep. The half a dozen 1st round talent will churn out superstar performances for a decade and a half. By 2013 Gilbert will have stacked every position with the deepest cast of young super-stars in the league... it will be an incredible sight to behold. And yet, his masterpiece is not complete... Gilbert's crème de la crème?... The small forward spot...

...Lebron's publicly expressed interest to return to Cleveland is no coincidence. Dan Gilbert and Lebron have known all along that he will simply resign with Cleveland after his deliberately short contract with Miami expires which happens to line up perfectly with Gilbert's shocking, rapid assemblage of the most elite super-dynasty talent in history. In the meantime, as it stands, Lebron is continuing to poison Miami's well until this re-signing with Cleveland - and this is to Stave off a dramatic backlash from the city of Miami. He wants them to hate him so that he can make another "Decision".

...When Lebron signs with Cleveland you will suddenly see him cure that fabricated choke problem. Yes. Believe it or not, on top of being a part of the most epic roster in NBA history, his fire in the gut he displayed in those Detroit series will miraculously become a part of his dominating game once again... coincidence?. Gilberts plan is so far beyond the intellectual capacity of every other front office in the league that nobody will be able to stop him. Gilbert and 'Bron will be winning rings every year until retirement. There is a devious evil genius to Dan Gilbert. Book it. There's some sneaky sh!t going on right now.

That theory has been out there for years. It's complete bs but it's fun to think about.

That thread is great though. I love how they bumped the thread routinely up to throughout this season to make fun of the op...and then he turns out right. One of the best ownings you'll ever see there.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 05:05 PM)
LeBron has always come off as insincere to me, extremely fake. Maybe it's because he flops on the court so much.

There is even a chance that he didn't write the essay himself. It's something could be easily written by his publicist to forge a better narrative about his return to Cleveland and make amend to some of his critics and haters.

Bosh is both a winner and loser in this Lebron decision. He probably received $40 million more compared to what he would get if Lebron stays, but he will be playing for a second round exit team instead of a Finals appearance.

While Wade is clearly the loser of the situation.

Also, we can pretty much rule out Wade coming to the Bulls now that Riley is pretty much giving every other team the finger.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:48 PM)
Seriously. I can't pity them whatsoever.

Their fans suck and they gamed the system 4 years ago to assemble a super team.

The way the Spurs dismantled the Heat that eventually led to their demise couldn't have been written better in Hollywood. Epic.

The Evil Empire has fallen!

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 05:54 PM)
Houston now too you would think.

I think they have to match Parson's contract by tomorrow, which takes away their cap space. Unless they work out a sign and trade with the Mavs.