2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 06:21 PM)
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 22s

In past discussions w/Bulls, ESPN sources say Lakers have been open to taking back Carlos Boozer's contract depending on assets attached

Butler + Snell + this year's first? I would only be willing to do this contingent on getting Melo.

Second thought, that might be a tad much.

Edited by maggsmaggs

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 05:23 PM)
Butler + Snell + this year's first? I would only be willing to do this contingent on getting Melo.

Second thought, that might be a tad much.

Can Lakers still take on Boozers contract with the moves they made today?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 06:35 PM)
Some RealGM posters say he also broke Jared Allen to the Bears. Don't know the truth to that. But just adding some context.

Yea I saw in the tweet conversation that he seems to have a source here and there

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 06:35 PM)
Some RealGM posters say he also broke Jared Allen to the Bears. Don't know the truth to that. But just adding some context.

Had Lebron to Cleveland yesterday as welll.....Still not sure if I'm buying it...I think Melo will indeed come to Chicago but not sure if I'd give dude credit.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 06:41 PM)
Had Lebron to Cleveland yesterday as welll.....Still not sure if I'm buying it...I think Melo will indeed come to Chicago but not sure if I'd give dude credit.

If it breaks at 8 pm he deserves credit

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:43 PM)
I'm assuming Melo has no interest in playing for Houston, but does that mean Morey will come hard at Melo again?

Doesn't work. Or at least I highly doubt they can get anything to work cap wise. I suppose they could go back but really, doesn't make any sense.

TIFWIW, but this is from one of the real gm insiders:

[quote[sorry for the boom, but marketing is working on Melo. It seems Melo will officially be a Bull. This is a great day for us Bulls fans after the past 3 seasons. Please, I can't share but people laughed at me on Sunday with Lebron info. Travel arrangements are being made. People laughed at me about Rose going to LA to visit.

I'm not posting again, but to all Bulls fans, it finally worked. Give credit to Garpax, Thibs, Noah and Rose!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 05:57 PM)

[quote[sorry for the boom, but marketing is working on Melo. It seems Melo will officially be a Bull. This is a great day for us Bulls fans after the past 3 seasons. Please, I can't share but people laughed at me on Sunday with Lebron info. Travel arrangements are being made. People laughed at me about Rose going to LA to visit.

I'm not posting again, but to all Bulls fans, it finally worked. Give credit to Garpax, Thibs, Noah and Rose!

yea, but now the guy is backtracking saying announcement might be tomorrow.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)

We shall see soon I hope.

Damnit. Stupid NBA.

I just realized I'm only going to be living 3 hours from Cleveland and if Melo goes to Chicago that makes driving to Cleveland for a Bulls/Cavs game a reasonable thing to do.

Which means it's not going to happen even more so.

Chris Bosh is reportedly finalizing an agreement to return to Miami on a five-year deal worth $118 million.

Wow, looks like Bosh is going to remain loyal to Pat Riley. If Bosh had elected to sign with Houston he would have been leaving $32 million on the table, so perhaps there was a bit of financial incentive at play here. Miami has a lot of cap space, and they can bring in another high-profile free agent to play alongside Bosh and Dwyane Wade. Bosh will now take on a much larger burden with shouldering the offensive workload in Miami, and he could be in for a fantastic fantasy season. Jul 11

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

Edited by Soxfest