2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
What we really don't want is Pau announcing he is going to Knicks.

They are still over cap right now, I don't see him going to knicks for MLE pre-Melo.

I'm guessing OKC.

Bulls really screwed the pooch with the Lin to LA developments. BUt we have an in on Hinrich.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
They are still over cap right now, I don't see him going to knicks for MLE pre-Melo.

I'm guessing OKC.

Bulls really screwed the pooch with the Lin to LA developments. BUt we have an in on Hinrich.

lmao

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:29 PM)

I'm guessing OKC.

It wouldn't be pre-melo. It would be Phil telling Melo, we got Pau, now get over here and sign that deal.

Note: Bulls didn't really screw the pooch. Timing of everything was that they couldn't do the Pau S&T until Melo was signed. Lakers still have caproom to do a Pau S&T, however, it really would limit anything else they really could do, so it all depends on what their off-season goal really is.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:31 PM)
It wouldn't be pre-melo. It would be Phil telling Melo, we got Pau, now get over here and sign that deal.

Note: Bulls didn't really screw the pooch. Timing of everything was that they couldn't do the Pau S&T until Melo was signed. Lakers still have caproom to do a Pau S&T, however, it really would limit anything else they really could do, so it all depends on what their off-season goal really is.

I'm talking salary-cap wise. Isn't there still a caphold for melo for NYK? They either give him the MLE or they have 4 million. He isn't taking discount for that crap team.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:33 PM)
I'm talking salary-cap wise. Isn't there still a caphold for melo for NYK? They either give him the MLE or they have 4 million. He isn't taking discount for that crap team.

Knicks could offer full MLE, I believe, however, may only be able to offer less then that because they may hit the hard cap of ~80M (for signing outside players) when you include Melo's salary.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:33 PM)
@PrioritySports: Congrats @NickSwagyPYoung on resigning with the @Lakers! 4 more years of SwagyP in LA!

f***. I'mthe biggest Swaggy P mark in the world. Wish the Bulls got him. His personality could never leave LA though.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:35 PM)
f***. I'mthe biggest Swaggy P mark in the world. Wish the Bulls got him. His personality could never leave LA though.

I Googled Nick Young and found out he's Iggy Azalea's boyfriend.

That's a good TIL.

Bosh staying in Miami. 5 years $118 million according to Woj.

Chris Bosh is finalizing an agreement to return to Miami on a five-year, $118M deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

QUOTE (almagest @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:42 PM)
@WojYahooNBA

Chris Bosh is finalizing an agreement to return to Miami on a five-year, $118M deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I'm assuming Melo has no interest in playing for Houston, but does that mean Morey will come hard at Melo again?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:46 PM)
It'll be interesting to see what Bosh does with out LeBron there.

He'll dominate the ball more. Probably average 20 a game.

He's now the big dog in Miami, assuming Wade keeps declining.

In a way, it's a good deal for him. He would have been the third wheel in Houston (again).

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:47 PM)
I almost feel bad for Miami. They are going to be cap strapped/no draft picks/and 7-8 seed.

Haha, actually I feel awesome! That's hilarious! hahahahah oh my god.

Seriously. I can't pity them whatsoever.

Their fans suck and they gamed the system 4 years ago to assemble a super team.