2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)
K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 46s

Tom Thibodeau has pushed hard for Kirk Hinrich's return. GM Gar Forman called re-signing Hinrich "a priority" at season's end.

wtf planet am i on

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 12m

Source: Cavs have told Wiggins he's not being traded. TWolves want Wiggins. Cavs will try 2 do it w/out losing Wiggins. Must find 3rd team

If there's one thing we can count on, it's cleveland caveliers ineptitude.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:58 PM)
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 12m

Source: Cavs have told Wiggins he's not being traded. TWolves want Wiggins. Cavs will try 2 do it w/out losing Wiggins. Must find 3rd team

If there's one thing we can count on, it's cleveland caveliers ineptitude.

So are they going to play Wiggins along-side LeBron?

Can Wiggins play shooting guard?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)
So are they going to play Wiggins along-side LeBron?

Can Wiggins play shooting guard?

He can play the 2, honestly he'll be great. But get the titles when you can, cleveland.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:00 PM)
He can play the 2, honestly he'll be great. But get the titles when you can, cleveland.

I'd still take Love all day everyday.

Love is a top 10 player. Wiggins may be that one day, in fact, he may be much better. But having both him and LeBron seems redundant.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
I'd still take Love all day everyday.

Love is a top 10 player. Wiggins may be that one day, in fact, he may be much better. But having both him and LeBron seems redundant.

Wiggins helps their defense a lot and can take some pressure off of Lebron and guard the opposing teams best wing player.

However, they have to trade him for love. The roster as currently constructed has some serious spacing issues for Lebron and love is the absolute perfect offensive player to pair along side him and Kyrie.

Maybe the cavs are playing hardball and think their offer with other young pieces and picks will eventually win out, but if they miss out on love it can legit cost them championships.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)
Wiggins helps their defense a lot and can take some pressure off of Lebron and guard the opposing teams best wing player.

However, they have to trade him for love. The roster as currently constructed has some serious spacing issues for Lebron and love is the absolute perfect offensive player to pair along side him and Kyrie.

Maybe the cavs are playing hardball and think their offer with other young pieces and picks will eventually win out, but if they miss out on love it can legit cost them championships.

I'm guessing your last sentence is correct and the Cavs think that Waiters/Bennett/1st Round picks might get this done which would give them a core of Irving/Wiggins/LeBron/Love which would be f***ing ridiculous. When it is all said and done I'm guessing they would trade Wiggins if that is the only way to get the deal done.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:56 PM)
wtf planet am i on

Hopefully a planet where the Bulls will only have the vet min to throw at a PG.

If Phil doesn't wanna play with a S&T for Melo I think that's all they can do. If they can work out a S&T then maybe they can use the mini MLE on something better.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:08 PM)
I'm guessing your last sentence is correct and the Cavs think that Waiters/Bennett/1st Round picks might get this done which would give them a core of Irving/Wiggins/LeBron/Love which would be f***ing ridiculous. When it is all said and done I'm guessing they would trade Wiggins if that is the only way to get the deal done.

Honestly waiters/bennett/picks sounds like the worst of all of their packages.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:09 PM)
Honestly waiters/bennett/picks sounds like the worst of all of their packages.

Eh, if Thompson was really pulled from the Warriors package the offers that the Wolves have received for Love have been trash. Despite Bennett being dreadful last year, I'd take that package over the rumored Faried and Wilson Chandler package from the Nuggets or an offer from Golden State that doesn't include Thompson.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:11 PM)
Eh, if Thompson was really pulled from the Warriors package the offers that the Wolves have received for Love have been trash. Despite Bennett being dreadful last year, I'd take that package over the rumored Faried and Wilson Chandler package from the Nuggets or an offer from Golden State that doesn't include Thompson.

We suddenly find ourselves in the world where Taj is the best player listed. Chandler I like but injury problems galore. Faried, whatever. They need someone to play D for Pekovic.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:09 PM)
Hopefully a planet where the Bulls will only have the vet min to throw at a PG.

If Phil doesn't wanna play with a S&T for Melo I think that's all they can do. If they can work out a S&T then maybe they can use the mini MLE on something better.

BAE should go to our back-up PG.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
What is that again? Is it there no matter what (Melo trade vs signing)?

Yeah; I believe they have that no matter what. It is the biannual exception. I think it is somewhere between 2-3M per year. You can use once every two years and I believe it is not dependent on cap situation (obviously teams only eventually use it when over the cap, but you didn't have to be over the cap from the same circumstances as you would for the MLE). Technically I believe there is also a MLE for those teams that don't meet the standard MLE. It is like an RMLE, I think and is less years / less $'s available then the full MLE. Might be mistaken though.