2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 10:21 PM)
Stress on the Knicks part of that post.

No part of jacksons plan has screamed overpaying marginal talent to me. His coach pick was bad, but he's done well at getting picks and shedding commitments.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 10:26 PM)
I misfired on the Cavs pick, but some of you had to be thinking I was spot on when the Cavs took the lead and were in the ballgame at the half. Those who took GS in six were genuises.

Or we just watch basketball and don't throw out pointless predictions with out knowing what we're talking about.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:26 PM)
I misfired on the Cavs pick, but some of you had to be thinking I was spot on when the Cavs took the lead and were in the ballgame at the half. Those who took GS in six were genuises.

Golden State was the far superior team. Nothing genius about picking them. Cavs were a terrible basketball team with one great player.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 10:46 AM)
Or we just watch basketball and don't throw out pointless predictions with out knowing what we're talking about.

that was a little harsh.....

everyone make these post.... it all in fun.

Nope. Not after watching both teams all year and in the playoffs.

:D

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
So is this Warriors team an all-time great team? How would they have fared against the 90s Bulls, the Spurs in Duncan's prime, Shaq and Kobe's Lakers? Hell even the 2012 Heat?

Um...they took 6 games to beat Lebron James and a bunch of nobodies....

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
So is this Warriors team an all-time great team? How would they have fared against the 90s Bulls, the Spurs in Duncan's prime, Shaq and Kobe's Lakers? Hell even the 2012 Heat?

They'd have got whipped. I don't think they were that great. Record was good but eye test was poor in the finals. I think Bulls / Shaq and Kobe Lakers route them.Heat is hard to say cause they shouldn't have won their one title. Manu choked the Spurs title away vs. Heat winning.

bulls went to 6 games against some pretty sorry teams. I think people don't believe that the cavs were as good defensively as they were, but they were excellent on defense in the playoffs. I think this team would have had a tough time vs. last years spurs who were so hot in the playoffs, but would have whipped any 05-11 team.

The difference is the new league. No truly dominant, post big men. The closest we've got from last year is Pau or Z-Bo.

Imagine Draymond guarding Shaq.

Imagine Iggy having to take Jordan, leaving Klay on Pippen. Then Rodman would obliterate Draymond on the glass and defensively.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)

Yes. The numbers are all there. As far as how they would do against past champions? Forget about any team pre-2005. The game is just too different. Mainly the evolution of the 3-point shot, modern offensive/defensive schemes, etc.

Edited by Jordan4life

Eh, you guys are nostalgia whores.

The warriors lived on 3 point shooting and getting corner looks, that's the best shot in the game. They would have thrown more bogut and multiple bodies at shaq and done fine. They would have funneled Kobe into jump shots.

This was a very good team.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 04:30 PM)

The warriors lived on 3 point shooting and getting corner looks, that's the best shot in the game. They would have thrown more bogut and multiple bodies at shaq and done fine. They would have funneled Kobe into jump shots.

lol. at least I know you're not talking about me here. This ain't even the same league from 2010.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 05:00 PM)
Well here's Mark Stein publicly ripping Lebron for how he treats Coach Blatt, this should be an interesting one to watch it filter thorugh the world.

If Blatt ends up staying I bet Lebron starts treating him better now that these Windhorst/Stein rumblings are going public.

It would be cool if Mark Jackson took over that job though.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 04:30 PM)

When they played Bogut they were having problems dictating pace and pushing the ball. They were down 2-1 when they were starting Bogut. I think he'd have some issues guarding Shaq, and I'm not exactly sure what multiple bodies would do against him. It wouldn't be the first time he saw a double team and guys like Draymond Green wouldn't effect him.

Then again, I'm probably just a nostalgia whore.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 05:29 PM)
When they played Bogut they were having problems dictating pace and pushing the ball. They were down 2-1 when they were starting Bogut. I think he'd have some issues guarding Shaq, and I'm not exactly sure what multiple bodies would do against him. It wouldn't be the first time he saw a double team and guys like Draymond Green wouldn't effect him.

Then again, I'm probably just a nostalgia whore.

Uh, yeah, Bogut was not helping this series but he was a tremendous defensive asset the majority of the time. What happens when Draymond Green is draining 3s from the corner and forcing Rodman to defend the 3 pt and takes him away from rebounding? Multiple bodies is the depth of the warriors and their ability to hack the hell out of shaq and put him on the line. Shaq's defense would be nowhere near as dominant when it isn't being used against a team whose only offense is a 5/11 guard running right into him.

Interestingly, that team went up against a team with a dominant front court and dispatched them in 5 games. It's fun to look at 3 games where they struggled, where the greatest player in the game basically slowed it down to a crawl and went ISO and assume think that's the epitome of the Warriors team and how they will look vs everyone, but they adjusted and then won in 6 games.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 06:44 PM)
Uh, yeah, Bogut was not helping this series but he was a tremendous defensive asset the majority of the time. What happens when Draymond Green is draining 3s from the corner and forcing Rodman to defend the 3 pt and takes him away from rebounding? Multiple bodies is the depth of the warriors and their ability to hack the hell out of shaq and put him on the line. Shaq's defense would be nowhere near as dominant when it isn't being used against a team whose only offense is a 5/11 guard running right into him.

Interestingly, that team went up against a team with a dominant front court and dispatched them in 5 games. It's fun to look at 3 games where they struggled, where the greatest player in the game basically slowed it down to a crawl and went ISO and assume think that's the epitome of the Warriors team and how they will look vs everyone, but they adjusted and then won in 6 games.

I had to pause at this line because I thought you meant the Grizzlies, who took them to 6 games and were out ahead of them 2-1 to start off.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)

The two teams that slowed the pace down (Memphis and Cleveland) had the most success against GS both taking the series to 6 games. That's what I found most interesting. Hack a Shaq would be interesting, but Golden State relies on tempo and rhythm for their jumpshots.

Also, Draymond can drain away as he shot 26.4% from 3 in the playoffs (including 25.7% against Memphis who play 2 big slow guys at the 4 and 5).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
I had to pause at this line because I thought you meant the Grizzlies, who took them to 6 games and were out ahead of them 2-1 to start off.

I thought the same thing. I'm guessing he was talking about the Rockets? I think most people would say the Grizzlies had the best front court that GS faced though.

Edited by Boogua