2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For all that he does so well, LeBron as volume shooter is rarely a winning formula for his teams. MJ could routinely average 25-28 FGA/G with decent enough efficiency but that's not LBJ at his best. LBJ is best when shooting crazy efficient, distributing on offense, and making his presence felt on D. I'm actually becoming suspect of how much of a defensive player he can be anymore from all the mileage, but we see that offensive juggernaut all the time. Not in this series/with this version of CLE, though. I mean, there are some great distribution numbers, but he shouldn't be taking 35 shots. Someone else on his team needs to touch the ball.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
For all that he does so well, LeBron as volume shooter is rarely a winning formula for his teams. MJ could routinely average 25-28 FGA/G with decent enough efficiency but that's not LBJ at his best. LBJ is best when shooting crazy efficient, distributing on offense, and making his presence felt on D. I'm actually becoming suspect of how much of a defensive player he can be anymore from all the mileage, but we see that offensive juggernaut all the time. Not in this series/with this version of CLE, though. I mean, there are some great distribution numbers, but he shouldn't be taking 35 shots. Someone else on his team needs to touch the ball.

Like who?

I, like everyone else, was watching that game saying "Get Delladova the ball!". Give me a break, that is a garbage team outside Lebron. If they had Knicks jerseys on they'd have the #1 seed.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 10:56 PM)
Like who?

It's more of a general statement than me believing this Cleveland team can win. In general, if you find yourself needing 25+ FGA per game from LeBron, your team is probably screwed.

Anyway, as good as this Warriors team is (and they're f***ing good), it just goes to show you there is a certain amount of 'luck' that goes into winning it all. I still believe that a healthy Thunder could've beaten them in round 1. Not having to go through the Spurs at any point was another blessing (the Spurs would've dusted the Rockets). And then, of course, the Cavs. This could've been an all-time great finals. The Warriors don't have to apologize for anything. They beat who was put in front of them. But it could've been A LOT harder.

Edited by Jordan4life

I'll start by acknowledging that this is about the easiest time to bring up this argument, but does anyone else think that LeBron may soon start to turn that corner where, physically, he's just not the same guy anymore? Maybe the better question isn't whether those athletic abilities are on the decline but instead whether it matters.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 10:08 PM)
Anyway, as good as this Warriors team is (and they're f***ing good), it just goes to show you there is a certain amount of 'luck' that goes into winning it all. I still believe that a healthy Thunder could've beaten them in round 1. Not having to go through the Spurs at any point was another blessing (the Spurs would've dusted the Rockets). And then, of course, the Cavs. This could've been an all-time great finals. The Warriors don't have to apologize for anything. They beat who was put in front of them. But it could've been A LOT harder.

I still wonder what would have happened to Thibs and the team if David Blatt was caught calling that TO.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 10:11 PM)
I'll start by acknowledging that this is about the easiest time to bring up this argument, but does anyone else think that LeBron may soon start to turn that corner where, physically, he's just not the same guy anymore? Maybe the better question isn't whether those athletic abilities are on the decline but instead whether it matters.

Wishful thinking. The Cavs are the overwhelming favorites next year with Irving, Love and Varejao returning. LeBron is still the best in the world. Is he '09 LeBron? Of course not. He's still plenty good enough to lead a team to a title.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
Wishful thinking. The Cavs are the overwhelming favorites next year with Irving, Love and Varejao returning. LeBron is still the best in the world. Is he '09 LeBron? Of course not. He's still plenty good enough to lead a team to a title.

The Cavs are already in the finals next year.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
The Cavs are already in the finals next year.

I'm reminded of the '08 finals when the Lakers didn't have Bynum/Ariza. That '08 Celtics team was great and the best defensive team I've ever seen. But they caught a huge break in those two being out. The next season? The Lakers rolled through everybody with both healthy (though KG missed the playoffs).

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 10:11 PM)

I think it's pretty easy to see that he's starting to worsen a bit. Just look at his efficiency stats and how he's finishing around the rim. The East is so bad that it really shouldn't matter much though. The cavs should make the finals again next year pretty easily.

I know Curry caught some breaks with injuries to Conley and not having to see Beverly, but he's going to end up beating an all-NBA first teamer in every round if they close out. That's pretty impressive. Lebron faced one guy on any of these teams (Pau) and he got hurt in the second game of the series.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 10:08 PM)

You and your healthy Thunder. That team showed nothing at all to show that this was the year they put it together. They wouldn't have been able to beat memphis or clips, let alone the Warriors.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 10:40 PM)
You and your healthy Thunder. That team showed nothing at all to show that this was the year they put it together. They wouldn't have been able to beat memphis or clips, let alone the Warriors.

lol. They won 45 games with KD, Ibaka and Westbrook missing 55, 18, and 15 games. They made multiple trades (Kanter went nuts after the trade) to shore up their depth issue. Again, they could never get healthy.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 04:40 AM)

The Thunder certainly don't have "it" whatever that is. They haven't been the same since losing James Harden. I realize they had a ton of injuries. I tell you, Thibs would have been the perfect coach for that team or maybe Van Gundy. Hiring Billy Donovan is a head scratcher. Hope he's ready to deal with Westbrook, who seems to me to be a real prima donna.

As far as the Cavs ... this is why successful college coaches should never consider the NBA. Blatt is getting fried by the media and will probably be fired if the Cavs lose in the Finals. Just because they have LeBron. They are conveniently forgetting Kyrie got hurt and Kevin Love as well. ... Blatt is known in the media and by fans only as the clown who wanted to call a time out when he had none but was SAVED by the great Lue. Kerr is not exactly getting credit, either. NBA coaches are all buffoons in the playoffs as far as the media portrayal of them. Only one coach is acceptable each season, the one who wins it all. The rest get ripped to shreds in the press and with fans and are lucky if they get to keep their jobs.

Yes I still think Cleveland is going to win the series.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 10:09 PM)
The Thunder certainly don't have "it" whatever that is. They haven't been the same since losing James Harden. I realize they had a ton of injuries. I tell you, Thibs would have been the perfect coach for that team or maybe Van Gundy. Hiring Billy Donovan is a head scratcher. Hope he's ready to deal with Westbrook, who seems to me to be a real prima donna. As far as the Cavs ... this is why successful college coaches should never consider the NBA. Blatt is getting fried by the media and will probably be fired if the Cavs lose in the Finals. Just because they have LeBron. They are conveniently forgetting Kyrie got hurt and Kevin Love as well. ... Blatt is known in the media and by fans only as the clown who wanted to call a time out when he had none but was SAVED by the great Lue. Kerr is not exactly getting credit, either. NBA coaches are all buffoons in the playoffs as far as the media portrayal of them. Only one coach is acceptable each season, the one who wins it all. The rest get ripped to shreds in the press and with fans and are lucky if they get to keep their jobs. Yes I still think Cleveland is going to win the series.
:huh

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 10:46 PM)
lol. They won 45 games with KD, Ibaka and Westbrook missing 55, 18, and 15 games. They made multiple trades (Kanter went nuts after the trade) to shore up their depth issue. Again, they could never get healthy.

Problem is OKC is another team that can just never stay healthy. They'd obviously be lethal with a healthy KD, Westbrook and Ibaka but I have no reason to believe that'll ever happen.

And good lord Greg what are you talking about? Steve Kerr hasn't gotten credit? What?!?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 11:29 PM)
Love is no guarantee.

JR might have actually played himself into a deal. TT, Delly and Shumpert are all RFAs.

The Cavs might go straight to cap hell with the way those four played this playoffs.

Who cares. LeBron is enough to win the east.