2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
It's like Big 10 football and basketball almost....except that style almost never works against the elite speed teams from the Pac 10 and SEC in the post-season.

Pretty amazing...maybe the Warriors just got too overconfident when Irving went down.

How many teams have won a championship without an inside presence? The Warriors have nobody on their team that can get an easy basket right now. Nobody that they can just dump it down in the post to.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
It's like Big 10 football and basketball almost....except that style almost never works against the elite speed teams from the Pac 10 and SEC in the post-season.

Pretty amazing...maybe the Warriors just got too overconfident when Irving went down.

Ohio state and all that

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 09:58 PM)
How many teams have won a championship without an inside presence? The Warriors have nobody on their team that can get an easy basket right now. Nobody that they can just dump it down in the post to.

This is the analytic guys' wet dream team too. I still say they were overrated, as was the West this season.

GSW in serious trouble. Though cavs have played about as well as they can, and golden state quite poorly - cavs have barely squeaked the 2 out. Still Lebron for sure will win the cavs at minimum 1 more

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 10:39 PM)
And get praised for it. There's just a different set of rules for him

That plus his tackle on Rose.

For one game I would like to see "LeBron defense" played on LeBron and the whistle be swallowed.

I can't believe what I am witnessing. The Cavs could/should be up 3-0 against arguably the best team we've seen in 19 years with LeBron and absolute bums/scrubs. I still can't bring myself to think the Cavs can win this series. But they're two wins away with their belief/confidence soaring by the minute. We'll see what happens. But you LeBron haters (omg the decision!!!) better prepare to stay off the internet/social media/etc... LeBron is two wins away from being at minimum co-GOAT.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 10:50 PM)
I can't believe what I am witnessing. The Cavs could/should be up 3-0 against arguably the best team we've seen in 19 years with LeBron and absolute bums/scrubs. I still can't bring myself to think the Cavs can win this series. But they're two wins away with their belief/confidence soaring by the minute. We'll see what happens. But you LeBron haters (omg the decision!!!) better prepare to stay off the internet/social media/etc... LeBron is two wins away from being at minimum co-GOAT.

You are calling him the co-goat, yet you can't believe it? That seems counter-intuitive

Yeah, Golden State definitely looks like one of the best teams we've seen in 19 years.

I'm a numbers guy but I don't believe for a second this Warriors team is the best team since the 95-96 Bulls. LeBron to me is the 2nd best player I've seen and winning or losing this series doesn't change that. But I've also been consistent in that position and I've defended him more than most on this board. I don't think there is really much argument that MJ and LeBron aren't top 2 of all time though.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)
Kerr needs to give David Lee some heavy minutes the rest of this series

ya he was great moving the ball... except curry kept with the awful turnovers.... careless behind the back pass lolwut

worst mvp performance in a finals evar?

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 11:03 PM)
ya he was great moving the ball... except curry kept with the awful turnovers.... careless behind the back pass lolwut

worst mvp performance in a finals evar?

He recovered after a REALLY slow start to have a pretty (offensively) good game.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 11:07 PM)
He recovered after a REALLY slow start to have a pretty (offensively) good game.

Pretty good scoring game but some horrendous turnovers. He needs to be better(duh).

EDIT: that said it's 2 bad games, too early to kill him for the entire finals. He can easily snap out of this and be great the rest of the series.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 11:09 PM)
Pretty good scoring game but some horrendous turnovers. He needs to be better(duh).

EDIT: that said it's 2 bad games, too early to kill him for the entire finals. He can easily snap out of this and be great the rest of the series.

I agree completely. I still don't think the Cavs can pull this off. But if they win game 4?