2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 08:16 AM)
Tom Thibodeau is on ESPN commenting on how to manage Kyrie Irvings minutes.

The Cavs have made it clear they would rather mortgage Kyrie's future than give up a chance at this title. He should have been out weeks ago with his knee issues.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 08:16 AM)
Tom Thibodeau is on ESPN commenting on how to manage Kyrie Irvings minutes.

he pretty much said there was nothing wrong with the extended minutes.

Edited by HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 06:44 AM)
Isn't Art Tellem Roses agent? He just joined pistons as an exec.

BJ Armstrong is Rose's agent. Arn Tellem has been an agent for a long time. I once read where JR liked dealing with him. I guess that won't happen anymore.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 08:52 AM)
The Cavs have made it clear they would rather mortgage Kyrie's future than give up a chance at this title. He should have been out weeks ago with his knee issues.
Yeah, pretty disgusting to watch, IMO

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 14m14 minutes ago

Cavs just announced fractured knee cap for Kyrie Irving that will require surgery

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 8m8 minutes ago

In team press release Cavs say Kyrie Irving is projected to be sidelined minimum of 3-to-4 months after undergoing surgery in "coming days"

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 05:43 AM)
This team with Thibs this year disappointed. They were suppose to be a 1 or 2 seed and just barely got a 3 seed. They could very easily win more than 50 games next year just by switching coaches.

Ya, for a team that had Butler emerge, Niko come over, and Pau signed, it's really mind boggling that they pretty much scored the same PPG.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 04:37 PM)
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 14m14 minutes ago

Cavs just announced fractured knee cap for Kyrie Irving that will require surgery

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 8m8 minutes ago

In team press release Cavs say Kyrie Irving is projected to be sidelined minimum of 3-to-4 months after undergoing surgery in "coming days"

They just out Thib'd Thibs.

This postseason really sucked. Most teams got hit pretty bad with injuries, more than usual it seems. Maybe the league should look into shortening the season for the sake of players' health? Won't happen though, that would mean lost revenue.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Guys, don't doubt Fred til he gives you reason to. I keep telling you, he's a special person and special basketball mind. Dude took a strategy of taking transfers, getting a guys like Royce White, Georges Niang and the like and decided at Iowa goddamn State that we were going to try and run teams off the court. And we did.

If you guys don't end up falling in love with him, I'll be shocked.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 06:49 PM)
Guys, don't doubt Fred til he gives you reason to. I keep telling you, he's a special person and special basketball mind. Dude took a strategy of taking transfers, getting a guys like Royce White, Georges Niang and the like and decided at Iowa goddamn State that we were going to try and run teams off the court. And we did.

If you guys don't end up falling in love with him, I'll be shocked.

I think Heads should be his agent.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 08:22 PM)
I think Heads should be his agent.

If you've followed him in Ames, you understand.

Watch this s***

Fred says "we aren't running offense anymore. They can't guard my power forward off the dribble."

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 07:42 PM)

Watch this s***

Fred says "we aren't running offense anymore. They can't guard my power forward off the dribble."

The last time I got excited about a bb coach it was Steve Alford.

Still on the road to recovery.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)
This postseason really sucked. Most teams got hit pretty bad with injuries, more than usual it seems. Maybe the league should look into shortening the season for the sake of players' health? Won't happen though, that would mean lost revenue.

It has. The plethora of injuries is very concerning to me. We can't go 48 hours without a key player going down, or at the very least being severely hampered, by an injury. The last five years has basically been cheer for any team that's playing against LeBron. But even the biggest LeBron hater has to admit it's horses*** that we're not seeing the best players on the best teams healthy and going at each other in June. This finals is basically like when Jordan was going up against the Celtics in the 80's. I don't even want to watch.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 02:42 AM)

Watch this s***

No offense, but the Bulls made a big mistake in hiring Fred. This team needs Tom Thibs more than the clowns in the front office.