2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 01:32 AM)
Now the Warriors can't even claim to have a defensive scheme that worked, however it's spun. They couldn't speed up the game with their smaller lineup because Cavaliers center Timofey Mozgov was pounding them for points inside and Tristan Thompson was grabbing 14 rebounds.

And the Warriors failed to turn the game into a shooting contest. Klay Thompson went off for 34 points, but his 14 field goals represented 42 percent of the team's total. Stephen Curry was off for most of the night, shooting 5 for 23 from the field and 2 for 15 from 3-point range. The Warriors' ball movement disappeared. They average more than 300 passes per game; they had slightly more than 200 passes in Game 2, even with the extra five minutes.

In eight quarters of regulation the Warriors have held the lead for only 26 minutes and 51 seconds. And this was at Oracle Arena, where the Warriors were better than anyone else in any other building this season.

www.espn.com/adande

Curry had 17 points against all other defenders in half court defensive sets. 0 against Dellavedova. 0/5 from 3 (0/8) overall with 4 turnovers against MD. 4/10 (2/7) from 3 and 1 turnover for the rest, 17 points.

At one point in the 3rd Dellavedova went to the bench and Curry immediately hit a three. It was all during a little montage with JVG and Jackson reviewing all of Dellavedova's good defensive plays. As soon as the 3 went in, the camera panned to Dellavedova who screamed something like "that's because i'm on the bench!"

Crazy opinion alert: maybe the Warriors and the West generally were significantly overrated this year? If GS was such a great team, how is Lebron + scrubs keeping this close? Other than rebounding, the Cavs are pretty bad at everything else.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 11:02 AM)
At one point in the 3rd Dellavedova went to the bench and Curry immediately hit a three. It was all during a little montage with JVG and Jackson reviewing all of Dellavedova's good defensive plays. As soon as the 3 went in, the camera panned to Dellavedova who screamed something like "that's because i'm on the bench!"

Crazy opinion alert: maybe the Warriors and the West generally were significantly overrated this year? If GS was such a great team, how is Lebron + scrubs keeping this close? Other than rebounding, the Cavs are pretty bad at everything else.

Having the best player in the world helps and even without Love and Irving they still have 3 point shooting and while they were a bad defensive team to start the year the Cavs became a very good defensive team after acquiring Mozgov, Smith and Shumpert and they have been playing fantastic defense in the playoffs.

The Cavs have done a great job dictating tempo in this series as well and games 1 and 2 were both grind it out affairs which the Warriors would prefer not to get into (although they are certainly capable of winning).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)
\

And then I closed the article.

I hate Cowley too. People are kidding themselves if they think he doesn't have sources though. He's not the only one to say that Noah and Taj are on the block.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 11:02 AM)

Love going down was probably the best thing to happen to their defense (if Love is healthy does Thompson have nearly the impact he has had?), and a not 100% Kyrie was killing them defensively as well. The guys replacing those 2 are way better on the defensive end, so they're not losing as much overall as it might seem. However, they don't have much depth, and they might be too gassed to last the whole series.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 11:34 AM)
I hate Cowley too. People are kidding themselves if they think he doesn't have sources though. He's not the only one to say that Noah and Taj are on the block.

I am guesses his sources begin and end with the Ex-head coach, much like happened with the White sox.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
I am guesses his sources begin and end with the Ex-head coach, much like happened with the White sox.

You are right that he has done the same thing with the Bulls that he did with the Sox. Being overly PRO COACH and taking it so far that everything he says needs to be taken with a grain of salt. He has good info occasionally but the problem is that he isn't really objective at all and everyone knows which side he stands on.

I still think Jo might be a solid player in Hoibergs offense. Heads always talks about Fred running the offense through a point forward, and 2013 point center Jo was a lot of fun.

That said if getting rid if Jo (and Taj) means they can free up the money for a Danny Green or a Wes Matthews then Im all for it.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)
I still think Jo might be a solid player in Hoibergs offense. Heads always talks about Fred running the offense through a point forward, and 2013 point center Jo was a lot of fun.

That said if getting rid if Jo (and Taj) means they can free up the money for a Danny Green or a Wes Matthews then Im all for it.

Not with the current condition of Jo's knees can he be a good point forward.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 04:45 PM)
Not with the current condition of Jo's knees can he be a good point forward.

Typically after a surgery like that it isn't the year you come back, but the year after that when a player gets back to normal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 04:51 PM)
Typically after a surgery like that it isn't the year you come back, but the year after that when a player gets back to normal.

tifwiw but multiple nba reporters calling into the score have said his knee is bone on bone now, the cartilage is gone. He is what he is now, he will have good and bad days and probably won't come close to what he used to be

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 06:09 PM)
What exactly was his surgery?

Last summer after the long, esp. grueling on him season.

it wouldn't be surprising if physically he was a lot more recovered next year. Then again it also wouldn't surprise if he aged more/slowed down more.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 05:09 PM)
What exactly was his surgery?

First termed minor arthroscopic surgery, later Noah said it was "more than arthroscopic surgery" but nothing confirmed

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 05:40 PM)
First termed minor arthroscopic surgery, later Noah said it was "more than arthroscopic surgery" but nothing confirmed

Crazy. All of us that were so excited about this season look a lot less stupid if they actually had 4th in MVP noah and not "career is over" noah.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)

I also put even money on you guys picking up Royce White.