2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 08:58 PM)
DUUJpmV.png

This is absolutely hilarious.

I don't know why you would have to go to this sort of extreme to get a guy to sign a piece of paper.

If he's a god damn adult, he should be able to decide on his own. Is Mark Cuban going to somehow trick him into signing with Dallas if they actually meet face to face?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 08:49 PM)
The problem is that regardless of contract law, the NBA and its collective-bargaining agreement supersedes contract law on the given point by inserting language that oral contracts are not binding.

Regardless, you cannot obtain specific performance (force a player to perform a certain act, i.e. DJ sign with Dallas) on a personal service contract.

The oral contract would not be binding anyway, it's a contract for longer than a year. They could do the opposite though, and put something into the CBA about verbal commitments being binding.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 09:28 PM)
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

DeAndre Jordan needs an agent certification on contract, invalid without it. Agents are expected to join Clippers, Jordan tonight at house.

Oh boy.

Maybe Cuban will send some rogue agents/lawyers to infiltrate DeAndre's house and let them in.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 09:29 PM)
Maybe Cuban will send some rogue agents/lawyers to infiltrate DeAndre's house and let them in.

There's no way Fegan allows this contract to be signed tonight. He's been locked out to.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
There's no way Fegan allows this contract to be signed tonight. He's been locked out to.

Jordan can fire him at any time, so I don't think he has a say in this.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)
Jordan can fire him at any time, so I don't think he has a say in this.

Good point.

Also, CP3, the president of the NBAPA, just very publicly barred a player from negotiating with a team.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)
Good point.

Also, CP3, the president of the NBAPA, just very publicly barred a player from negotiating with a team.

Yeah that can't be good...

Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne

Agent cert form can be signed at diff time. If DJ were to say he repped himself, his agent could say he violated player-agent contract

Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne

If this goes to the player's union, it would be on the record -- something I'm sure all parties want to avoid.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
the buffoonery is strong in the clippers

It's all DeAndre though. He cut off contact with the Mavs since Tues. all on his own and contacted Doc/Clips so they could sway him back. So lame.

I hope players throughout the league trash talk him so much about how much of a lame he is for this that he shoots under 30% from the line and the clips lose a ton of games almost exclusively by the hack-a-"_" strategy.

Ridnour's Off Season:

June 24 - traded to the Memphis Grizzlies

June 25 - traded to the Charlotte Hornets

June 25 - traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder

June 30 - traded to the Toronto Raptors

July 9 - waived by the Toronto Raptors

Edited by HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 09:18 AM)
Yeah how would Mark Cuban not know that? You're going to give a dude 80 million but you don't know where he lives? No chance.

Gotta be click bait to be in the media these days.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 11:08 PM)
It's all DeAndre though. He cut off contact with the Mavs since Tues. all on his own and contacted Doc/Clips so they could sway him back. So lame.

I hope players throughout the league trash talk him so much about how much of a lame he is for this that he shoots under 30% from the line and the clips lose a ton of games almost exclusively by the hack-a-"_" strategy.

Wasn't his agent also pretty bad in this deal. Sounds like a lot of stuff said never made it back to DeAndre.