2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 05:38 AM)
Hard to imagine we'd have anything that would be workable in that deal. We'd have to include a matching salary which is ok but then also give the Kings something they'd actually want in addition. Unless Snell or McDermott have incredible starts to the year, what major tradeable asset do we have? The Kings pick that we probably won't get? Would you trade Mirotic + Taj + Snell/Portis/Mcdermott for him, probably and that matchup works payroll wise, but doubt the Kings would do that?

Mirotic would definitely have to be involved.

I think in a potential 3 team deal where the Bulls say give up 2 future firsts for a good player on a rebuilding team to then give to Sacramento, it maybe becomes workable.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)

I think in a potential 3 team deal where the Bulls say give up 2 future firsts for a good player on a rebuilding team to then give to Sacramento, it maybe becomes workable.

My usual rule in the NBA holds here...if it becomes too complex to write down off the top of your head it's not going to happen.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)

If they wanted to just start over yet save face, you could see where Noah, Dougie, future picks and snell would potentially be intriguing. However, given what they wanted from Denver...that is a pipe dream.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 07:16 PM)
I sort of wonder if the Bulls would look at Cousins if he became available, but whether he'd be a good fit under Hoiberg and what trade package they could offer is another matter entirely.

the bulls are entrench with Rose and his contract. other than that, i would really trade Butler to the lakers for what they would be willing to part with.

lakers really like butler. i wonder if rose is really unmovable???

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 01:46 PM)
the bulls are entrench with Rose and his contract. other than that, i would really trade Butler to the lakers for what they would be willing to part with.

lakers really like butler. i wonder if rose is really unmovable???

What are you talking about. Butler isn't available. He just signed a mega contract (which will be a value contract if he plays similar to he did last year) and will only become more of a value going forward. And what do they Lakers have to offer? Their 1st round pick next year is Philly's (unless Lakers pick in top 3 and if they had Butler they wouldn't) and them offering Randle and Russell wouldn't be near enough for the Bulls to trade Butler (not that they even could at this point anyway).

I find all of this talk about blowing up a team that is widely regarded as the 2nd best in the East complete and utter crap. You don't blow up teams that are knocking right on the door of championships, you try to improve them, and sometimes that improvement comes from within (or other teams getting worse). If people followed a lot of the logic applied here, the Bulls would have never won 1 championship, let alone six. Afterall, it took Jordan until his 7th season to win his first title.

If you all ran the team, we'd just spend all the time trading away players and we'd consistently be as crappy as Philly. The Lakers (Shaq / Kobe) probably wouldn't have won any titles either, as it took quite a few years until Shaq / Kobe won their titles too. Took Jordan and the Admiral to retire until the Lakers finally got their titles. Reality is most teams take some time to win titles with few exceptions (albeit the recent exception was Boston and Miami through super FA moves / super trades). Even then it took at least a year. Cavs might enter that same realm. Warriors were not built that way and took time (Steph was in his 6th NBA season with Klay being in his 4th season). In fact, if you throw out injury years, the Bulls two best players will kind of be in similar positions from that perspective (Rose / Butler).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
What are you talking about. Butler isn't available. He just signed a mega contract (which will be a value contract if he plays similar to he did last year) and will only become more of a value going forward. And what do they Lakers have to offer? Their 1st round pick next year is Philly's (unless Lakers pick in top 3 and if they had Butler they wouldn't).

I find all of this talk about blowing up a team that is widely regarded as the 2nd best in the East complete and utter crap. You don't blow up teams that are knocking right on the door of championships, you try to improve them, and sometimes that improvement comes from within (or other teams getting worse). If people followed a lot of the logic applied here, the Bulls would have never won 1 championship, let alone six. Afterall, it took Jordan until his 7th season to win his first title.

yeah jimmy butler resigned for 5 yrs and all i was saying, i would have traded butler. but the other problem was getting rid of rose. i hope i am wrong, but i don't have confidence in the bulls while rose is on the team.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
yeah jimmy butler resigned for 5 yrs and all i was saying, i would have traded butler. but the other problem was getting rid of rose. i hope i am wrong, but i don't have confidence in the bulls while rose is on the team.

So you'd have got rid of Butler and Rose and just made the Bulls suck instead (see my post above). That would have put them back into the early post Jordan era and would have been awful. You don't break up a consensus top 2 team in the East and you certainly don't just assume the Cavs are going to win every title from here on out. That is foolish. You want to just put yourself with the long list of teams who suck and are tanking cause they think it is easy to do? The flipping Lakers of all people can't even sign major free agent contracts, Knicks have the same issue. You need to have good players and and transcendental generational players rarely fall in your laps so to tank and hope you get the top pick in a class where a Lebron / AD / Duncan type talent is their is just a hopeless / loserless proposition.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 10:09 PM)
So you'd have got rid of Butler and Rose and just made the Bulls suck instead (see my post above). That would have put them back into the early post Jordan era and would have been awful. You don't break up a consensus top 2 team in the East and you certainly don't just assume the Cavs are going to win every title from here on out. That is foolish. You want to just put yourself with the long list of teams who suck and are tanking cause they think it is easy to do? The flipping Lakers of all people can't even sign major free agent contracts, Knicks have the same issue. You need to have good players and and transcendental generational players rarely fall in your laps so to tank and hope you get the top pick in a class where a Lebron / AD / Duncan type talent is their is just a hopeless / loserless proposition.

it doesn't really matter what i would have done or wanted, it is not going to happen. but i do like 2 players on the lakers who are only 2 yrs in the league and would be a great, added to the main core of the bulls.

but as i said, it doesn't matter now.

with that statement, i still have my opinion on rose.

oh well.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)
Bobby Portis looks like quite the steal

MCBuckets still looks like a MCBUST

Didn't watch it, but the box score doesn't look bad for Doug. 9-16 for 20 points isn't too shabby. What am I missing?

Love that Portis nailed 3 of 4 from beyond the arc.

Watched the first Dleague game yesterday night (on DVR) and thought Dougie looked good. Efficiently scored. Portis was a beast. Hard to watch though cause some of those guys went all chuck fest, still we played against a very good squad and looked good. Portis went mano e mano with Towns. Was wondering who that Felicio character was, he looked like a pretty good guy.

I got to say though, I like Payne. Dude just looks like a nasty guy on the court.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
Watched the first Dleague game yesterday night (on DVR) and thought Dougie looked good. Efficiently scored. Portis was a beast. Hard to watch though cause some of those guys went all chuck fest, still we played against a very good squad and looked good. Portis went mano e mano with Towns. Was wondering who that Felicio character was, he looked like a pretty good guy.

I got to say though, I like Payne. Dude just looks like a nasty guy on the court.

Doug looked good last year.

He just wasn't ready to handle the big boys when it came to defense.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 08:01 AM)
Doug looked good last year.

He just wasn't ready to handle the big boys when it came to defense.

I don't know what to make off Doug. None of us really know how his injury impacted him early in the season and we obviously know it would be pretty tough coming back into a rotation after missing the time he had missed (and also with the struggles he had prior to that because of the injury). Then to get up to game speed on a competitive roster. But last year he was awful (he was fine in summer league but awful as a whole). Hard to argue otherwise but I'm willing to write off that year due to injuries, etc. That said, hopefully it was a big learning year for Doug and that he can use it as a spring board to future success.

The one thing I remember about Doug last year was that his shot was lousy and I hope that had to do with the knee or confidence because if he can't do that, he has no chance. That said, he had a pretty darn good history of being a good shooter. I'm glad he's getting the experience now and he is a very nifty finisher around the basket (you can tell he was well coached). Would be big to get development out of him and have him look like a good bench player. Not asking him to be a world beater, just turn into a good bench player who can help stretch the court.