White Sox v. Twins Gamethread

bjm676

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 11:56 PM)
Oh great, Eaton's in the doghouse already :)

Nah not him. They are all close and get along but sometimes they act like a first place team. Need a little more grit sometimes and Eaton is that guy in theory.

Personally I'd like to unload Konerko and Dunn.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 11:56 PM)
For sure. He doesn't get very sore though and can go out a lot. In the Shields model IMO.

Shields' career high in appearances in a single season was 76... Petricka is only on pace for 64.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 11:58 PM)
Shields' career high in appearances in a single season was 76... Petricka is only on pace for 64.

They think he's that type of guy. He just doesn't get that soreness and weakness. Give him a year or two.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 11:57 PM)
Nah not him. They are all close and get along but sometimes they act like a first place team. Need a little more grit sometimes and Eaton is that guy in theory.

Personally I'd like to unload Konerko and Dunn.

If we unload Konerko, all hell will break loose. Although I agree with you.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 11:55 PM)
Add that to the Twins hex on us over the last decade for the most part and it spells bad news.

And Coner grounds out on ball 4....

Sox cannot beat Minn no matter what.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 11:59 PM)
If we unload Konerko, all hell will break loose. Although I agree with you.

Ever worked with a guy with one foot out the door at a young start up? That's the issue. Great guy, great teacher, too relaxed. Dunn is worse though. They love him but he's so ho hum. Need some of the kids to lead.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 12:17 AM)
Maybe the Sox should consider getting Terry Bevington back, greatest manager ever! :D

We are going to lose. The growth of this team to me is amazing. We are ahead of schedule and already we are being spoiled.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 06:00 AM)
Sox cannot beat Minn no matter what.

If that's true and we lose all four, all hell should break loose. A four-game sweep would undo a lot of positive feelings about this season so far.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 01:43 AM)
I dunno. If we lose Game Two, the sweep may be on.

Baseball isn't like other sports. Your odds against a team can change drastically game-to-game because the pitching match-ups change each day. If other sports played 3-4 game sets like baseball does, there would be TONS of sweeps. But in baseball, it's hard to sweep anyone.

I put it at like 5% chance we get swept.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 01:51 AM)
Baseball isn't like other sports. Your odds against a team can change drastically game-to-game because the pitching match-ups change each day. If other sports played 3-4 game sets like baseball does, there would be TONS of sweeps. But in baseball, it's hard to sweep anyone.

I put it at like 5% chance we get swept.

Like the recent Royals/Twins 4 gamer...all the momentum in the world was on the side of KC.