Gamethread to end the sadness

Kyyle23

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

White Sox manager Robin Ventrua said Tuesday that Ronald Belisario will remain the team's closer.

Belisario blew another save Monday in Baltimore when he allowed a three-run walkoff homer to Orioles slugger Chris Davis, but the White Sox don't exactly have a better option at the moment. Zach Putnam and Javy Guerra may be worthwhile speculative fantasy stashes in case Belisario, who has a 5.50 ERA in 36 total innings this season, can't suddenly right the ship.

Per Rotoworld

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 02:34 PM)
Sorry, I had to....

10353111_10204448146068691_4578212760768

however, I've been told that pitching that coming into the beginning of the ninth inning is not difficult and just like any other inning. It's not a high leverage situation and your best reliever should not pitch there.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 06:47 PM)
Good Alejandro: Good defence followed by RBI single, steal second, third on throwing error.

Bad Alejandro: awful jump on the double steal.

He had to make sure the throw went to short. I just don't think he was the right guy for that play, he isn't fast enough, good jump or not

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 06:55 PM)
He had to make sure the throw went to short. I just don't think he was the right guy for that play, he isn't fast enough, good jump or not

Shouldn't you be running almost as soon as the ball leaves the catcher's hand?

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 06:58 PM)
Shouldn't you be running almost as soon as the ball leaves the catcher's hand?

Yea, but the hesitation comes when you have to make sure the throw goes to second. Catchers will fake the throw on a suspected double steal and get the runner at third in a run down.

De Aza just doesn't have that top speed anymore for that play, to make up for the hesitation

DeAza.

SIGH.

What's new? Nothing like taking the bat out of Beckham's hands on one of the few times in his career you actually want him at the plate.

That's 19 infield hits already for Adam Jones. You'd expect that more from Eaton.

Edited by caulfield12