Another Cuban IF Available

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)
If he's closer to Viciedo than Puig/Cespedes/R.Castillo/Leonys Martin as an OFer, it's quite understandable.

Dayan really needs to be moved to DH as part of a platoon situation, facing lefties and some righties.

Or he just needs to be moved in general. Dayan is bad at baseball.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 03:23 PM)
Or he just needs to be moved in general. Dayan is bad at baseball.

and I wonder who will pay to get him. the return for the trade.

with a weak draft of players with limited power, I wonder if

there will be a team willing?

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 08:33 AM)
and I wonder who will pay to get him. the return for the trade.

with a weak draft of players with limited power, I wonder if

there will be a team willing?

The Mariners name always comes up, and he was connected to a possible trade before Ackley emerged as a semi-regular in LF, although he's also been a pretty big disappointment overall, along with Smoak and Montero.

They're not getting enough from CF (when Saunders was out and Jones was playing), SS...Kendrys Morales and Hart/Morrison have been disappointments for most of the season as well. Zunino has some pop for a catcher, but a very low BA and OBP.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)
The Mariners name always comes up, and he was connected to a possible trade before Ackley emerged as a semi-regular in LF, although he's also been a pretty big disappointment overall, along with Smoak and Montero.

They're not getting enough from CF (when Saunders was out and Jones was playing), SS...Kendrys Morales and Hart/Morrison have been disappointments for most of the season as well. Zunino has some pop for a catcher, but a very low BA and OBP.

with the mariners, the trade talk according to some site were real. I was reading

a rumors, wish I remember which, had the trade being close. the problem was the prospects

the mariners had to give up.

of course the only ones who would know are the players in the trade

talk. so all the other rumors are that rumors.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 08:58 AM)
with the mariners, the trade talk according to some site were real. I was reading

a rumors, wish I remember which, had the trade being close. the problem was the prospects

the mariners had to give up.

of course the only ones who would know are the players in the trade

talk. so all the other rumors are that rumors.

About Saunders for Viciedo, as well as Ackley and/or Smoak at different points.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 01:20 PM)
Baseball America ‏@BaseballAmerica 56m56 minutes ago

Yasmany Tomas Declared Free Agent - Yasmany Tomas is free to sign with a major league team, as Major League Baseba... http://ow.ly/2OwvVx

I'd be real interested if they can find a LH DH.

Eaton

Semien/Ramirez

Abreu

LH DH

Garcia/Tomas

Gilaspie

Garcia/Tomas

Ramirez/Semien/Johnson/Sanchez

Flowers

Looks pretty sexy.

I know the Sox are stacked with right handed hitters but I would love to know what the FO thinks about Tomas. He's young and at the age that fits into the core they are looking for. Going by the link ss2k5 provided ( thank you again), Tomas doesn't sound like much of an outfielder so I'm not sure how much interest the Sox would have unless there was a platoon with he and Abreu switching off between 1B and DH.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 03:24 PM)
I know the Sox are stacked with right handed hitters but I would love to know what the FO thinks about Tomas. He's young and at the age that fits into the core they are looking for. Going by the link ss2k5 provided ( thank you again), Tomas doesn't sound like much of an outfielder so I'm not sure how much interest the Sox would have unless there was a platoon with he and Abreu switching off between 1B and DH.

If evaluators are split between him being somewhere between Viciedo and Cespedes, I don't think we want that for $70 million.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 03:24 PM)

Going off of the fact that Hahn said he wasn't interested in Castillo because he was right handed, I will assume the same thing here. When I read Tomas's scouting report, I heard Dayan Viciedo.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 01:24 PM)

Defined stacked? We have Jose Abreu (and Alexei but it isn't like he's a middle of the order bat). We don't have a lot of good hitters so I really don't understand why we are going to be so picky. I could understand if we had this good lineup and needed a lefty because it was all righties but right now we still have plenty of bad hitters. Garcia is young and right handed, but obviously we like his upside. We should be finding good hitters and good players period.

I wonder if Kendrys Morales would be a good fit. yeah I know who is agent is

and last yr was a terrible yr for him stat wise. but I think he will come in ready

for the season to performed if the salary is right. even in a 1 yr contract to

rebuild his value.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
If evaluators are split between him being somewhere between Viciedo and Cespedes, I don't think we want that for $70 million.

Yeah, being in between those two isn't overly impressive. Especially for the money.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 03:34 PM)
Going off of the fact that Hahn said he wasn't interested in Castillo because he was right handed, I will assume the same thing here. When I read Tomas's scouting report, I heard Dayan Viciedo.

I think you're right. One Tank is enough for this team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 03:35 PM)
Sounds more like $100 million.

Yikes, never mind.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 04:27 PM)
Defined stacked? We have Jose Abreu (and Alexei but it isn't like he's a middle of the order bat). We don't have a lot of good hitters so I really don't understand why we are going to be so picky. I could understand if we had this good lineup and needed a lefty because it was all righties but right now we still have plenty of bad hitters. Garcia is young and right handed, but obviously we like his upside. We should be finding good hitters and good players period.

Let's not look to far into the word shall we. Stacked, as in, a lot of right handed hitters. That is all.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 07:15 PM)
I wonder if Kendrys Morales would be a good fit. yeah I know who is agent is

and last yr was a terrible yr for him stat wise. but I think he will come in ready

for the season to performed if the salary is right. even in a 1 yr contract to

rebuild his value.

I see no problem with kicking the tires and see what he's looking for in a contract. Not the best option but not the worst either. A one year deal could benefit both Morales and the Sox.

saw this on the rumor page. I also been wondering about it.

a lot of posters have been saying that DV may not be on the roster next yr.

ok, what will the sox do, try to trade him? do they non tender him? does

DV have any value what so ever?

I mean lets really look at his stats. the key will be the hrs. I know the stat

people will answered that the rest better than I, but he still has value. he is

what 25+ or so.

now for me, I have never been a fan of him. I would have entertain trades ideas

several yrs ago. I would non tendered him this yr, if he can't be traded.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 11:14 PM)
saw this on the rumor page. I also been wondering about it.

a lot of posters have been saying that DV may not be on the roster next yr.

ok, what will the sox? do, try to trade him? do they non tender him? does

DV have any value what so ever?

I mean lets really look at his stats. the key will be the hrs. I know the stat

people will answered that the rest better than I, but he still has value. he is

what 25+ or so.

now for me, I have never been a fan of him. I would have entertain trades ideas

several yrs ago. I would non tendered him this yr, if he can't be traded.

Hahn was able to find homes for ADA, Dunn and Beckham so I think he will find one for Tank as well. We just need to remember not to expect the world in return.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)
Here's an interesting Kiley McDaniel piece on Cuban INF Yoan Moncado. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/yoan-moncada-game-theory/

great find, good reading.

re: Moncada, how much are the sox under in the int'l pool money?

I would love to have him regardless of the penalty of going over the limit.

Who would oppose to this move? Why?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 08:30 AM)
Here's an interesting Kiley McDaniel piece on Cuban INF Yoan Moncado. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/yoan-moncada-game-theory/

Interesting. It would seem that if you are his agent, you are getting him declared sometime before next July 2nd. If they can't, then it is great for the Sox as the Yanks / Red Sox are out of the race and the other big international spender would be the Dodgers.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 05:48 PM)
Interesting. It would seem that if you are his agent, you are getting him declared sometime before next July 2nd. If they can't, then it is great for the Sox as the Yanks / Red Sox are out of the race and the other big international spender would be the Dodgers.

10 yrs 150 million for a young Puig.