Cardinals sign AJ Pierzynski

Eminor3rd

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
actually AJ would walk out, get punched in the face and then run off the field waving to the fans and act as if he just won some fight.

And that would be the only quality "punch out" for the 'pen

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 01:24 PM)
That reminds me of the time AJ knocked Barrett on his ass with a clean hit as Barrett was trying to block the plate, then Barrett sucker punched AJ with his best shot to the jaw and it didn't even phase AJ. The funny thing was AJ didn't even retaliate but was suspended by MLB!

AJ came out looking great on that one while Barrett and MLB looked like clowns. :D

getting suckered punched and not doing anything about it besides walking off the field while your teammates fight your battle is looking great? That was a puss move but not surprising coming from a guy who has been that way his entire life.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 03:55 PM)
actually AJ would walk out, get punched in the face and then run off the field waving to the fans and act as if he just won some fight.

I'd take AJP in a fight over our pathetic relief corps anyday. AJ is one of my favorite Sox of all time by far.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 03:09 PM)
I'd take AJP in a fight over our pathetic relief corps anyday. AJ is one of my favorite Sox of all time by far.

I dunno, AJ is getting up there in his 30's, I'm not sure how well he'd really hang in a fight these days. His given weight is 235 so there's some guys out there that match up pretty close to him too, Belisario is listed at 240, Putnam 220.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 01:05 PM)
getting suckered punched and not doing anything about it besides walking off the field while your teammates fight your battle is looking great? That was a puss move but not surprising coming from a guy who has been that way his entire life.

No, a puss move would be AJ fighting back causing a bench clearing brawl that could get his teammates injured.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 02:40 PM)
No, a puss move would be AJ fighting back causing a bench clearing brawl that could get his teammates injured.

And also resulting in major suspensions during a pennant race. You have to think a little bit before you react.

I loved the way he took Barrett's best shot right in the jaw, barely fliinched and looked at him like " WTF is your problem?" AJ already won the battle. Retaliating resulting in major suspensions and or injuries would have been losing the war.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
And also resulting in major suspensions during a pennant race. You have to think a little bit before you react.

I loved the way he took Barrett's best shot right in the jaw, barely fliinched and looked at him like " WTF is your problem?" AJ already won the battle. Retaliating resulting in major suspensions and or injuries would have been losing the war.

Absolutely! Fights will happen but we arent talking about kids playing ball in the sandlot either. Sometimes you just have to do the right thing and not act as a child.

That said, I'm not going to lie, when the brawl happened, I enjoyed watching it. Watching BA take down Mayberry like a rag doll and start whooping him was funny to watch.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 04:11 PM)

nice selective memory. barely flinched? he got punched and stumbled or ran away. big man that AJP is, letting Scott Podsednik fight his battle with Barrett.

aj-pier.jpg

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 05:06 PM)
you mean there WASNT a bench clearing brawl? lol

Indeed it was and you clearly missed the point. It was a brawl that started when that idiot Barret sucker punced AJ. Might want to go back and re-watch the chain of events that day. That brawl was caused by Barrett and NOT by the actions of AJ.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 05:17 PM)
nice selective memory. barely flinched? he got punched and stumbled or ran away. big man that AJP is, letting Scott Podsednik fight his battle with Barrett.

aj-pier.jpg

Seriously, did you feel this way when back then when the brawl happened? Did you hate AJ then too?

aj-pier.jpg

Bulls***. Watch the tape. Barrett sucker punched him with his best shot and couldn't even knock him down. Of course he stumbled a little from being off balance not expecting to be punched but he didn't run away. He looked at Barrett like "what the hell is your problem?" He definitely got the better of Barrett in their confrontation, knocking Barrett on his ass and stunning him with a clean play and then taking Barrett's best with a sucker punch without phasing him.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 05:26 PM)
Haters gotta hate.

He probably thinks kicking Barrett in the balls like Bobby Hill in his avatar would have been the "manly" thing to do. :lol:

Lmmfao! That's some funny s*** right there my man.

" that's my purse! I don't know you!"

Don't forget about Big Z beating the unholy dogs*** out of Barrett in the parking lot at Wrigley. Z was my favorite Cubbie player.

Also yes AJ did the right thing really, that team was supposed to go places that year. Can't get thrown out for a week or something because of some dumb Cub player. In a real fight AJ f***s him up, but this baseball, take that s*** off the field and away from the cameras and let's see what kind of man you are then.

aj-pier.jpg

Ha Barrett came right up to him like they were going to discuss something and then he threw the punch like a b**** instead of putting them up at a distance and saying let's go motherf***er. Barrett isn't even good enough to be a p****, p*****s are awesome, Barrett is just like old fermented p**** juice the female prisoners make to get drunk, or like French p**** cheese served on little crackers, or soomething like that. Barrett isn't even good enough to wipe AJs ass LOL noce career there Barrett you f***in schmuck LOL.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)

aj-pier.jpg

I hope when you hate on AJP you are hating on a player who gave you a WS title. Without him, the White Sox do not win it all for the only time in your lifetime. Unless baseball changes its economic system dramatically, the Sox won't be winning any more in your lifetime. Maybe one if everything falls perfectly into place one magical year to come.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
I hope when you hate on AJP you are hating on a player who gave you a WS title. Without him, the White Sox do not win it all for the only time in your lifetime. Unless baseball changes its economic system dramatically, the Sox won't be winning any more in your lifetime. Maybe one if everything falls perfectly into place one magical year to come.

Brian Anderson also kicked some serious ass in that brawl. Probably the only reason why Ozzie let him stick around until 2008 (or whenever).