Rangers @ Sox 7:10 CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 09:49 PM)
But doesn't this streak look a bit different than the early season one ? A lot more xtra base hits in this one.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 09:50 PM)
The difference is he's actually been much more than just a singles hitter. Dude had 10 XBHs before he put on the glasses...He's since had 11 in 18 games. He's really a different hitter right now.

Very true.. There is some hope for optimism, I just don't want the front office to bank of this last few weeks and not try and get a better catcher

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 09:52 PM)
Very true.. There is some hope for optimism, I just don't want the front office to bank of this last few weeks and not try and get a better catcher

I will be thrilled if Flowers comes into camp as the backup. Or, they get someone better (have no idea how or who) and Nietto shows enough to stick as the backup and they dangle Flowers for SP help.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 10:50 PM)
The difference is he's actually been much more than just a singles hitter. Dude had 10 XBHs before he put on the glasses...He's since had 11 in 18 games. He's really a different hitter right now.

What was Tyler's first game A.G. (after glasses)?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 09:59 PM)
Nice outing for Noesi. 7 IP 4 H 3 R 1 ER 3 BB 6 SO. ERA under 5 now.

Yea he's been good as a guy off the scrap heap he's pitched some solid innings for the Sox. I see no reason to think he's not the 5th starter headed into next season. If they can somehow trade Danks they will have $$$$ to get creative with it as Noesi, Sale and Q are cheap and fill the 1,2,5 spots perfectly.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 10:57 PM)
1st game against Boston at Fenway?

Whichever game Bradley made that awesome catch on Flowers hit

It was apparently 7/9

He's hitting .390 with 11 xbh and 23.4% strikeout rate with glasses

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 09:52 PM)
Ah f*** maybe someone should get Beckham glasses...just sayin'!

We can purchase half a dozen of these magical glasses and hand it out in the club house. Beckham gets a pair, Dunn's overdue for one, why not for ADA, Tank definitely needs a pair. And they ought to be upgrades over Belisario's hideous glasses.

Just took a look at Flowers triple on Gameday and I think they missed it. I swear if you watch it very carefully in slo mo after it hit the top of the fence it hit the bottom rung of the metal railing. Doesn't that make it a HR since without the railing it goes over the yellow line ? http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?g...ay&c_id=mlb

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 08:11 PM)
We can purchase half a dozen of these magical glasses and hand it out in the club house. Beckham gets a pair, Dunn's overdue for one, why not for ADA, Tank definitely needs a pair. And they ought to be upgrades over Belisario's hideous glasses.

Ha I said that about that for BJ Upton after we steal him from the Braves for a bag of balls.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 10:10 PM)
It was apparently 7/9

He's hitting .390 with 11 xbh and 23.4% strikeout rate with glasses

That K rate is a pretty nice improvement for him. If he can maintain that rate along with the increase in power the rest of the way, maybe we can revisit the possibility of him being our starting catcher in 2015. Until then, we should consider nothing more than backup material going forward.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 10:13 PM)
Ha I said that about that for BJ Upton after we steal him from the Braves for a bag of balls.

Can't believe that dude is still an everyday player on a contending team, he has been god awful.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 4, 2014 -> 10:44 PM)
Wouldn't it be great if Tyler sustained it and the fans could wear Tyler Flowers googles like they do in Oakland with Sogard. Tyler Flowers Google's Giveaway Night.

I don't think flowers would approve of this :P @DanHayesCSN: Last week in Detroit, Flowers asked why so many people have asked about glasses and when I started to recite numbers asked me to stop.