Eaton to DL

ChiSox59

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 01:18 PM)
Normally, when you are sent down you can't come back up for at least 10 days, but is there an exception to that rule with the Sept. 1 roster expansion? Otherwise he can't come back up until Sept. 5.

Good question, but I think he'll be able to come up next week.

The call ups seem to be obvious-- Rodon, Surkamp, Rienzo, Phegley, Semien, Danks. Sierra will come off the DL.

I guess the only questions are Wilkins, Mitchell, and Davidson. To me, Davidson doesn't really deserve it, and they can give those ABs to Sanchez and Semien.

Edited by flavum

I'd bring up Davidson just for his psyche. Maybe some fresh major league at bats would spark him. I don't know. Couldn't hurt.

It could also drive the final nail in the coffin. He doesnt deserve MLB AB's, he barely deserves Charlotte AB's... keep him away. Those trips the plate are much better spent on Semien and Sanchez.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
How does Jordan still have options?

He used his last option this year. Once an option is used within the season, they do not have to be exercised beyond that point, so the Sox can send and recall him to their heart's delight (to some degree, as he has to remain in Charlotte for 10 days prior to them recalling him except in the event of injury).

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 02:08 PM)
He used his last option this year. Once an option is used within the season, they do not have to be exercised beyond that point, so the Sox can send and recall him to their heart's delight (to some degree, as he has to remain in Charlotte for 10 days prior to them recalling him except in the event of injury).

You sure about this? Wasn't he added to the 40 man roster during the 2013 season? If so, he should have one option left.

You sure about this? Wasn't he added to the 40 man roster during the 2013 season? If so, he should have one option left.

Jordan played for the Sox in 2012, so he had to have been added to the 40 in 2012 at the latest. That said, if he wasn't added to the 40 until he was called up and then stayed up the rest of the season, then 2012 would not count as an option year.

If anybody knows of a site that includes a detailed transaction history on players, I would love to hear about it.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 07:07 AM)
Jordan played for the Sox in 2012, so he had to have been added to the 40 in 2012 at the latest. That said, if he wasn't added to the 40 until he was called up and then stayed up the rest of the season, then 2012 would not count as an option year.

If anybody knows of a site that includes a detailed transaction history on players, I would love to hear about it.

From what I found on this site, Danks was left off the 40-man roster in November 2011, so he was eligible for the Rule 5 draft. Then he was called up on 6/7/2012 and stayed in Chicago for most of the season, except for a 10-game stretch in August where he was sent down to Charlotte.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 07:07 AM)

TSN is the best for this believe it or not: http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/teams/players/bio/?id=4041

He only spent 10 days in the minors in 2012 after being added to the 40 so that shouldn't have burned an option year, a player must spend at least 20 days in the minors for an option to be used.

TSN is the best for this believe it or not: http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/teams/players/bio/?id=4041

He only spent 10 days in the minors in 2012 after being added to the 40 so that shouldn't have burned an option year, a player must spend at least 20 days in the minors for an option to be used.

Thank you very much for that site. So it does seem that Jordan can be sent to Charlotte again next year. Dude has to be elite level frequent flyer by now.