Sox @ Gigantes

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 12:22 AM)
Oh I hate the rule, and would have felt bad for Giants if he was called safe

Technically, since buster was in front of the plate, it would have been legal for danks to have a collision at the plate, correct?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 12:23 AM)
I don't. Sale already can't get the win. There is no incentive to win this game anymore.

So you're only pulling for meaningless stats from our best pitcher? I don't understand.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 12:39 AM)
Any reason why Robin didn't let Sale complete the game other than trying to move up in the draft. This was too predictable that the pen would do this. They all need to be punched in the nuts.

Dude had 117 pitches....I'm actually a little surprised there weren't some here questioning Robin not taking him out after 7 when he had 100 on the dot.....You know if he gave up a run we'd be hearing it.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 12:39 AM)
Any reason why Robin didn't let Sale complete the game other than trying to move up in the draft. This was too predictable that the pen would do this. They all need to be punched in the nuts.

Because there was no reason to risk anything bringing him back out in an almost meaningless game for us

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 11:45 PM)
Dude had 117 pitches....I'm actually a little surprised there weren't some here questioning Robin not taking him out after 7 when he had 100 on the dot.....You know if he gave up a run we'd be hearing it.

Not with this s***ty pen.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 12:40 AM)
Yes, we need another Courtney Hawkins or Jared Mitchell. Yipee.

Oh, I'm sorry, you must not like having Carlos Rodon, a product of a terrible season last year.

And FYI: Jared Mitchell was the 23rd overall. That would take a miracle for us to be good enough to get stuck with the 23rd pick.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 01:15 AM)
Oh, I'm sorry, you must not like having Carlos Rodon, a product of a terrible season last year.

And FYI: Jared Mitchell was the 23rd overall. That would take a miracle for us to be good enough to get stuck with the 23rd pick.

I get your angle here but c'mon man, openly rooting for a loss is pretty weak and highly annoying....At least last year we were realistically looking at a top 3 pick.

If you wanna celebrate afterwards so be it, but actively rooting for it during games? Weak sauce.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 05:32 AM)
Gordo's D with bases loaded was without a doubt the play of the game. Bag on his O all you want...his D is stellar.

I despise Gordon, but give him credit. He won this game (along with Sale of course). If that ball gets through, Sox lose, no question about it. So the advanced stat people need to put this W in Beckham's list of advanced stats. He is solely responsible for the win (once the s*** bullpen blew it for Cy Young winner).

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 05:38 AM)
I'm pulling for success of players who matter to our future. And a loss, every day.

Ugh. I want a win every day. It's gonna be a long six weeks in game threads.