Dunn traded to Athletics for Nolan Sanburn

Kyyle23

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 07:57 PM)
Somebody on twitter with 1200+ followers tweeted that he hears Adam Dunn could be going to Oakland soon. We'll see...

It should be noted that this person is a journalist, which is way more credible than just some guy. So there is actually something on the line for this person.

Jim Benson ‏@Pg_Benson 7m

Hearing Sox slugger Adam Dunn could be joining Oakland soon....

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 08:17 PM)
The Sox might just be demoting Bassitt after the game, then promoting him again Sept 1 (like what's going to happen to Carroll). Might just be a little hat tip to the season Wilkins has had by bringing him up a day early.

press release on sox website said bassitt will stay with the team the rest of the year.

Edited by staxx

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 01:05 AM)
Greg! Come out n party man! This might be it brother!

I will be a happy camper, but like I said, I don't hate him as much (as a player) as I did Rios. I have nothing against Dunn, except he defines our team's losing. Since he got here, the team has reeked. And of course that first season where he had one of the worst seasons in baseball history. Maybe the worst for a regular.

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 07:17 PM)
The Sox might just be demoting Bassitt after the game, then promoting him again Sept 1 (like what's going to happen to Carroll). Might just be a little hat tip to the season Wilkins has had by bringing him up a day early.

Wilkins will be eligible for post season play.

Rosenthal chiming in....

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/506054709330071552

#SFGiants, #Athletics pursuing Dunn, per SI’s Tom Verducci. Lot of chatter among scouts yesterday that Dunn could be on move.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/506055108460052481

#WhiteSox’s Dunn has limited no-trade clause. Teams on it not known, but #Athletics frequently appear on players’ no-trade lists.