9/2 at Twins

flavum

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 01:00 AM)
I wonder whose is stringer between him and Eaton, especially with Sanchez putting on weight this year.

What's crazy is that Eaton hit a homer in the first month, and he really didn't come all that close to hitting another homer the rest of the way. However, he does a good job of pulling the ball down the line for an easy triple.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 08:33 PM)
    I am not sure you have a point here.

My point is picking up the 3rd base coach doesn't mean you will be doing the correct thing. De Aza was thrown out, and of course he was the dumb ass. But the replay showed him looking at McEwing and McEwing waving him along. He made the first out at 3rd last week.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 08:40 PM)
    We can pull up that game thread and I am in there defending De Aza. Are you saying the Sox runners should just go on a whim because McEwing wrongly sent De Aza on a goofy ricochet?

No, but I find it odd that McEwing would be on a guy for not picking him up and making a mistake when he erred equally. I think he has made several poor decisions this year. I can understand when you had last year's offense, but this year, they have been better. It is nice when a guy who should have been out by 20 feet is safe,and he will be applauded for his aggressiveness, but there have been a lot of too easy outs at the plate this year IMO. And that play with De Aza last week was dumb. Alejandro doesn't need help in that department.

After the De Aza play, I don't think his waving a guy around second with the ball in the RF corner inspires confidence with the runner.

Edited by Dick Allen