Ray Rice Cut and Suspended Indefinitely

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 09:52 PM)
Doubtful. That's not really anything we don't already know, is it?

February: Ray Rice knocks out fiance.

Today: Nothing we don't know about this situation released as video evidence, world s***s itself. Ray Rice's two game suspension turns into lifetime ban.

Your point? Clearly this video seeing public eye changes everything for most people.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 12:33 AM)
There's no way the NFL (and probably the Ravens) didn't see this video until today. Liars.

They are all trying to save face now.............back in March Chris Mortensen said there is another tape not yet public NFL had also seen.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 04:41 PM)
Yeah it's not the Ravens, it's the NFL preventing him from getting another job (if there is one) because of the suspension.

Also, Jesus:

http://deadspin.com/keith-olbermann-on-rog...dium=socialflow

Again with the overreaction. This is damn near grounds for a defamation claim if it's not true.

Overreaction? Hardly. Not quite sure how you're still defending this whole thing. He's spot on here, and has been for months on this. Now everyone else is finally catching up.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 04:44 PM)
He is such a blowhard

I keep hearing people making this point...do people just disregard the fact that she MARRIED the guy after this incident? Did he force her to do THAT too, under threats of another beating?

Come on...

The NFL f***ed up the entire investigation. They interviewed her with Ray in the room. You absolutely positively cannot interview a person that's been abused with said abuser IN THE ROOM. It's absolutely incredible.

So, what he's saying is correct, marriage or no marriage.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 08:53 AM)
Forgetting level of punishment for a moment... how pathetic is it that it took TMZ to dig up this video, when the police and the NFL either couldn't (incompetent) or chose not to watch it (frightening).

How do you know the police or the NFL did not see it?

If she will not press charges what relevance does the video do to the police?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 10:44 PM)
Overreaction? Hardly. Not quite sure how you're still defending this whole thing. He's spot on here, and has been for months on this. Now everyone else is finally catching up.

The NFL f***ed up the entire investigation. They interviewed her with Ray in the room. You absolutely positively cannot interview a person that's been abused with said abuser IN THE ROOM. It's absolutely incredible.

This is not a case of a married couple headed for divorce at the time of the interview/hearing...this is not the case of a couple on the outs...this is a couple that was just married...if there is still not enough trust between the two of them for her to accurately recount the events, without fear of retribution, than her testimony is not credible in the first place.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)

The police can still choose to press charges even with a uncooperative witness/victim. They chose not to, presumably after believing that she fell and hit her head in the elevator

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 06:53 AM)
Forgetting level of punishment for a moment... how pathetic is it that it took TMZ to dig up this video, when the police and the NFL either couldn't (incompetent) or chose not to watch it (frightening).

Honestly, I am more surprised the NFL didn't buy up every copy of the film and destroy it...or maybe they thought they had...

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 12:44 AM)

I'm not "defending" Rice, I just think it's crazy for an organization like the NFL to set forth a procedure/policy of punishment and then 2 weeks later completely ignore it. I prefer that people, even assholes, get a little due process.

edit: Just so it's said, I'm fine with the Ravens cutting him, even if we all know they did it as a knee jerk reaction. They didn't break any protocol there.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 08:53 AM)

The police never saw it? That's crazy. There are potential criminal charges in play.

The NFL? Meh. They met with Rice and his fiance. They were told what happened. They knew he knocked her out with a punch. I'm not sure they needed to see that video to hand out his suspension. The video just shows what they already knew. What did people expect when they heard Rice punched his GF and knocked her out and then saw a video of him dragging her unconscious body around?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 09:58 AM)
This is not a case of a married couple headed for divorce at the time of the interview/hearing...this is not the case of a couple on the outs...this is a couple that was just married...if there is still not enough trust between the two of them for her to accurately recount the events, without fear of retribution, than her testimony is not credible in the first place.

Sounds like something that would come from the NFL as part of the smear campaign.

You absolutely cannot have the abuser in the room when asking the victim to recount the story when it comes to domestic violence. That's not hard to understand.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 08:23 AM)
Sounds like something that would come from the NFL as part of the smear campaign.

You absolutely cannot have the abuser in the room when asking the victim to recount the story when it comes to domestic violence. That's not hard to understand.

I don't disagree as a matter of protocol.

But looking back on it in regards to that being this humongous flaw in the process, I highly doubt it mattered. It's pretty clear this woman was not looking to tell the truth or jeopardize his career.

To assume it would have made any difference is pretty difficult considering all the other circumstances.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)

I specifically listed that as a possibility in my post - that they may or may not have seen it.

Kyle covers your second part...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 09:59 AM)
The police can still choose to press charges even with a uncooperative witness/victim. They chose not to, presumably after believing that she fell and hit her head in the elevator

This was changed decades ago in virtually every state, specifically to address domestic violence. The state can choose to bring charges even if the victim doesn't want to.

"I woke up this morning feeling like I had a horrible nightmare, feeling like I'm mourning the death of my closest friend. But to have to accept the fact that it's reality is a nightmare in itself. No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted options from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret every day is a horrible thing. To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass of for all his life just to gain ratings is horrific. THIS IS OUR LIFE! What don't you all get. If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you've succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is! Ravensnation we love you!"

This was all for the victim, none of it had to do with Ravens getting out from that contract.

Le sigh.