SoxFest 2015

GGajewski18

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
1) We did homework on the guys and pursued them as far as we could, but didn't feel that there was a fit, Regarding Yoan Lopez specifically, we felt that a 100% tax on overage charges didn't justify the cost of bringing him in. Had we done so, it would have cost nearly 2 times the value of his contract and would limit other potential signings we could make outside of him, so we just didn't feel that was the right opportunity.

2) We are always looking to improve the team and we have been in contact with a few players, but we can't say one way or the other whether or not we will obtain these players.

1. so with the idea of the sox getting more pieces to continue to make this team stronger, the idea is the get a couple more players. are these players already in the sox org or are they talking about getting new blood??? follow up question, are they talking about reclamation projects or are they talking about viable players.

2. somewhere someone mention, we has fans should have faith. i have faith, i have been a die hard sox fan since the late 1960's. but there is no backup plan, everything is being based, as in late yr, what was assemble is good enuf. obviously it wasn't and partly b/c the system is thin. do you not think getting another starting pitcher will help in that area??

3. do you not think that when the sox makes the playoff, that the team need pitchers with fresh arms??

that can be address of getting another sp.

Busy as hell this morning. Pick out your favorite players because you won't be able to get that many signatures or pictures due to the limited amount of people they allow and the masses of people here. I recommend that if you meet someone, meet Adam Eaton. He's a class act and will have a conversation with you.

I guess bringing back Beckham is a sore topic...I didn't think it was a bad thought to bring him back as an infield reserve for all 3 ss,3b and 2nd, but maybe not..

A few minor notes; someone mentioned the fact that Gordon Beckham is still a free agent and that the Sox do have somewhat of a hole at the moment at second base. The extra power that has been added to the lineup since Beckham’s departure could see less of a reliance on someone like him to be as much of an offensive contribution than was expected in 2014. Hahn had no comment except to confirm that “Yes, Gordon Beckham is still a free agent.” Interesting, yet stern lack of comment on that topic from Hahn.

QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 05:05 PM)
I guess bringing back Beckham is a sore topic...I didn't think it was a bad thought to bring him back as an infield reserve for all 3 ss,3b and 2nd, but maybe not..

A few minor notes; someone mentioned the fact that Gordon Beckham is still a free agent and that the Sox do have somewhat of a hole at the moment at second base. The extra power that has been added to the lineup since Beckham’s departure could see less of a reliance on someone like him to be as much of an offensive contribution than was expected in 2014. Hahn had no comment except to confirm that “Yes, Gordon Beckham is still a free agent.” Interesting, yet stern lack of comment on that topic from Hahn.

this is me thinking, but i think have Beckham will be a sore reminder of a failed draft pick, but his defense may be entice. still it will be a sore subject/

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)
So my question, when Hahn said he wants one more bullpen piece and a RH utility infielder who can hit lefties. Who is available like that not named Gordon Beckham?

here is my point, with the new advance metric that can fill in the missing data of how a player can help or perform, the need of data is more important and as Balta shown, our opinion may be totally skewed b/c of the personality of the player.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
worst than what the sox have now??? just wondering.

Honestly, very likely yes. Good chance that Sanchez and Bonifacio are better defenders than him. Micah is supposed to be a bit rough on defense but it's also thought that he'll grow into the position with time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 07:28 PM)
Honestly, very likely yes. Good chance that Sanchez and Bonifacio are better defenders than him. Micah is supposed to be a bit rough on defense but it's also thought that he'll grow into the position with time.

oh crap, i totally forgot about Bonifacio being in the equation.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 05:00 PM)
I wonder if Cubs fans are as outraged as Sox fans were when Ricketts popped off last week. Samardzija was asked the difference between Sox fans and Cubs fans and he asked "Besides paying attention to the games?"

Perfect. Lovin' this guy.

From the seminars, most is already on here, but Vince Coleman is going to be a baserunning coach in spring training. Hahn is looking for more relief and a back up infielder. Buddy Bell thinks most Sox minor leaguers will be all stars except Davidson. A draft tidbit, I am not sure which minor league guy said it, I think Capra, he expects at least 6 of the top 8 picks in the next draft to be college pitchers. Don Cooper is the self proclaimed "manager of the pitching staff". So all those that blame Robin, should now blame Coop. And Iguchi and Rowand cried when the Sox traded them away.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
I wonder if Cubs fans are as outraged as Sox fans were when Ricketts popped off last week. Samardzija was asked the difference between Sox fans and Cubs fans and he asked "Besides paying attention to the games?"

Jeff is 100% correct.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 25, 2015 -> 02:05 AM)
Jeff is 100% correct.

remember the old story i keep repeating about the attending a cub games and sox.

a fan who is at the cubs games will tell how many times he was on tv or when the camera scan his. but a sox fan when asked who is up, that fan not only will tell who is up, what the score is, what the hits are and what is needed to win the game.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 07:18 PM)
remember the old story i keep repeating about the attending a cub games and sox.

a fan who is at the cubs games will tell how many times he was on time or when the camera scan his. but a sox fan when asked who is up, that fan not only will tell who is up, what the score is, what the hits are and what is needed to win the game.

There are obviously tons of good Cubs fans that go to Cubs game, and tons of good sox fans that go to sox games, but it's definelty true to some extent. I used to work in a restaurant in crestwood and a lot of the people that worked there would always be going to Cubs games but literally couldn't mention 10 players on the team and none ever went to sox games. As we all know already people just like the fun involved of going to wrigley and the bars around

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 06:44 PM)
Hahn is looking for more relief and a back up infielder.

Why do we need a back up infielder? I was hoping that Bonifacio could back up 3B/SS/2B and outfield on occasion, which would eliminate the need for a backup infielder and let us carry an extra bullpen arm.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 07:18 PM)

a fan who is at the cubs games will tell how many times he was on tv or when the camera scan his. but a sox fan when asked who is up, that fan not only will tell who is up, what the score is, what the hits are and what is needed to win the game.

The Cubs & Sox games I have been to the last 5-10 years tell me the exact opposite. Even when they suck Cubs fans stand up & cheer during big moments. At Sox-Tigers games late in 2012 when the division was up for grabs, Tigers fans were the only ones who seemed to realize a baseball game was going on.