Jay Bruce

macsandz

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 06:18 AM)
I think I'm probably in the vast minority, but I'd trade Q for Bruce straight up. That's assuming Bruce is back to 100%. I think he'd bring more to the Sox than Quintana. I know people mention his contract but 17 mill, or whatever he's scheduled to make, doesn't seem all that bad when the Sox just gave 12.5 mill to a 35 year old part time DH. Maybe I overrate Bruce, but a 27 year old who has put up his kind of numbers is the type of guy that can be a major building block.

You overrate Bruce, and vastly underrate Q and his worth. If this trade was straight up, the Sox would be robbed. If Q goes in a trade with Cincy, there better be more coming with Bruce

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 06:18 AM)
I think I'm probably in the vast minority, but I'd trade Q for Bruce straight up. That's assuming Bruce is back to 100%. I think he'd bring more to the Sox than Quintana. I know people mention his contract but 17 mill, or whatever he's scheduled to make, doesn't seem all that bad when the Sox just gave 12.5 mill to a 35 year old part time DH. Maybe I overrate Bruce, but a 27 year old who has put up his kind of numbers is the type of guy that can be a major building block.

Q is a better pitcher than Bruce is a position player (even using his pre 2014 numbers). Bruce is Carlos Lee without being a pure clown defensively. He's good, not great. What is that worth?

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 08:43 AM)
I also think Q is pretty much untouchable. In reagrds to Lester, his 3-0 w a sub.50 ERA in 2 World Series puts him pretty much at the top of the food chain. He may be as good as any lefthander not named Sale in baseball. Lester will get more than $100 Mil. My guess is $130-140 for 5-6 years.

Or Kershaw. Or Bumgarner.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 10:08 AM)
i wonder if they will bite on a rtn of C Beck, T Thompson, M Davidson.

they are ready to take the next step in the majors.

I doubt it, they have no need for Davidson because they have Votto at first and Frazier at third. Plus, I think thats giving up on Davidson to early. He had one bad year like Bruce, he'll figure it out and still could be this teams third baseman of the future.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 05:10 PM)
I doubt it, they have no need for Davidson because they have Votto at first and Frazier at third. Plus, I think thats giving up on Davidson to early. He had one bad year like Bruce, he'll figure it out and still could be this teams third baseman of the future.

then that should be a sweet carrot to make it work.

put him in the outfield.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 11:10 AM)

Note the green text, friend :D

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 07:33 PM)
I wouldn't have done it, but that was the story. If the Sox were even thinking about getting Votto, they wouldn't have signed LaRoche obviously. But Votto hitting 3rd with Abreu 4th would be quite a dynamic duo. That's all I'm saying.

the now time, that will be a great combo.

however from age 36-41 that contract would be almost a hangman noose. esp

if he looses his hitting.

i wonder if Trout can be had.

Edited by LDF