A's shopping LH hitters

TheFutureIsNear

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/11/athl...ed-hitters.html

I know it's not as much of a priority anymore, but I would think we would still have interest in Reddick and Jaso. A's are looking for middle infield and that's the one spot we can afford to lose a guy or 2. Sounds like something to keep an eye on as it makes sense for both teams to at least discuss a deal.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 09:57 PM)
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/11/athl...ed-hitters.html

I know it's not as much of a priority anymore, but I would think we would still have interest in Reddick and Jaso. A's are looking for middle infield and that's the one spot we can afford to lose a guy or 2. Sounds like something to keep an eye on as it makes sense for both teams to at least discuss a deal.

Jaso isn't a catcher anymore but I'd also be interested in Moss to play left

They're going to want more than Semien/Sanchez/Micah Johnson for Reddick.

Maybe Johnson would be the centerpiece, but it would take more, even though I think Reddick only has two years of control.

Would prefer to hold onto Johnson and see if he can put it together this season....that said, I would be happy to trade Beck and M.Johnson and possibly substitute Bassit for Beck.

Reddick and LaRoche can hold down the fort for two years while we wait for reinforcements.

Reddick would be a nice player to have, the only weird thing is that in 2014 he hit 90 points better IN Oakland. You'd really want to be the other way around, surmising that he'd have more value to us in US Cellular than Oakland in O.Co. He just seems to have trouble staying healthy. In a full season, he looks like he'd be a pretty easy 3+ WAR guy.

Reddick would be a nice player to have, the only weird thing is that in 2014 he hit 90 points better IN Oakland. You'd really want to be the other way around, surmising that he'd have more value to us in US Cellular than Oakland in O.Co. He just seems to have trouble staying healthy. In a full season, he looks like he'd be a pretty easy 3+ WAR guy.

Even if your home park is a pitchers park, it's not unusual to hit better at home because it's where you are more comfortable, but 90 points is pretty extreme.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 05:36 AM)
Beane, most likely will try to extract the most in trades. that a given, so with

that info, pass.

Every GM makes a lot of mistakes.

Beane doesn't have a perfect track record by any means. Bringing in Jim Johnson from Baltimore comes to mind immediately. There's a good 7-8 year run there in the middle of his regime where he made more bad than good trades, other than starting the trend of maximizing value from his closers after their shelf life had expired.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 03:30 AM)

That is sort of the format of a guy who it makes sense for us to target...undervalued, injury issues, 2 years of team control left, if he doesn't succeed not a big loss but he's going to get playing time somewhere.

I can't figure out what I'd give up to get him though.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 02:30 AM)

2012:

Home - .247/.312/.484

Away - .238/.299/.443

2013:

Home - .200/.296/.290

Away - .254/.319/.476

2014:

Home - .312/.365/.491

Away - .221/.271/.405

Quite the fluctuation there, especially with his home splits.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 07:26 AM)
Every GM makes a lot of mistakes.

Beane doesn't have a perfect track record by any means. Bringing in Jim Johnson from Baltimore comes to mind immediately. There's a good 7-8 year run there in the middle of his regime where he made more bad than good trades, other than starting the trend of maximizing value from his closers after their shelf life had expired.

his trade for Shark was terrible. He way over-estimated the market as the Price and his subsequent trade for Lester proved.

That said, Reddick's OPS is in the mid 700s....he doesn't have much power and he was terrible in 2013....he's not THAT valuable. Get the LF from Alexei and we can sort out our own middle infielders.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
That is sort of the format of a guy who it makes sense for us to target...undervalued, injury issues, 2 years of team control left, if he doesn't succeed not a big loss but he's going to get playing time somewhere.

I can't figure out what I'd give up to get him though.

So you're saying maybe Reddick DOES move?

This really is just Beane doing what he's been doing. Both Moss and Reddick are second year arbitration eligible which is usually around the time Beane looks to trade players. This of course does not happen with every player but Beane has done it plenty of times in the past.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 01:51 AM)
This really is just Beane doing what he's been doing. Both Moss and Reddick are second year arbitration eligible which is usually around the time Beane looks to trade players. This of course does not happen with every player but Beane has done it plenty of times in the past.

I am not going to dispute you, but to point out, he has no major surplus, so acquiring talent

to flip for prospects is what Bos has done this yr and will do when all is said and done. so Beane

will acquire his share, keep what he needs and trade the others for prospects.

again remember, this is my opinion only, what the hades to do I know. :lol:

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 07:44 PM)
I am not going to dispute you, but to point out, he has no major surplus, so acquiring talent

to flip for prospects is what Bos has done this yr and will do when all is said and done. so Beane

will acquire his share, keep what he needs and trade the others for prospects.

again remember, this is my opinion only, what the hades to do I know. :lol:

Kind of recycling. Beane is starting to acquire players to replace the ones he will inevitably trade. For example, pick up Davis to replace Jaso before Jaso gets traded. Also, Davis does bring some nice power potential which is something the A's can use.

I think what were talking about kinda goes hand in hand. Basically, Beane wants younger, talented and more cost effective players to replace players that are becoming costly but have solid trade value due to performance and come with two years of control which brings a better return than one year of control.

Am I barking up the right my man? :P

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 03:13 AM)
Kind of recycling. Beane is starting to acquire players to replace the ones he will inevitably trade. For example, pick up Davis to replace Jaso before Jaso gets traded. Also, Davis does bring some nice power potential which is something the A's can use.

I think what were talking about kinda goes hand in hand. Basically, Beane wants younger, talented and more cost effective players to replace players that are becoming costly but have solid trade value due to performance and come with two years of control which brings a better return than one year of control.

Am I barking up the right my man? :P

I sometime wish the sox can do that. however saying that, I think that they can,

if only JR will allow the money to be spent. I believe that Hahn is smart enuf to

pull it off.

money when I said about the salary, I am not talking about the dodgers salary.