Sox Actively Shopping Viciedo

Heads22

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 08:23 PM)
So despite the fact that Hahn said since Day 1 they were looking for a LH outfielder (that was the main reason that Tomas was crossed off the list), the signing of LaRoche now forces us back in the other direction?

Doesn't make much sense.

Not just that, but subtraction of semien and replacement with Johnson as well.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 07:17 PM)
I remember seeing on now network I think it was, a projected sox lineup for next year and it had danks as a starting ofer, so maybe he was thinking danks and eaton are starters

That news would immediately wipe out another 500-1000 season ticket holders on the spot.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 08:26 PM)
Bring back Keppinger!

Just think that Micah Johnson and Rodon starting the year with the Sox would be a complete shock.

In that case, Sanchez is the starting 2b, leaving us still a need of someone with a legit bat who can alternate with LaRoche and Gillaspie.

Let's look at it this way...Adam Dunn's OPS was .230 points worse against lefties last year than against righties. Adam LaRoche's OPS was .271 points worse against lefties. He was a better hitter overall...but he had a bigger platoon disadvantage than Dunn, and we carried a backup RH DH because of Dunn's platoon splits.

I honestly don't see anyone biting on Tank. He was being shopped near the deadline correct? No one bit on it, the only team he has been linked to that I know of is Seattle and they have come out and denied that completely. So I really don't see anyone wanting him. Maybe Baltimore will take him being they lose Cruz and Nick Mark.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 08:37 PM)
Rasmus still has the biggest potential to outperform his contract if he's only paid $8-9 million.

There's just no way we're bringing back Rios.

And Aoki, while solid, is a lesser version of Markakis and similar to DeAza. That's not worth $7 million.

Rasmus also probably has an equally big potential to underperform a contract like that.

Since this has become the outfielder of choice thread I'll throw it out there that I want aoki.

He's not dreadful in the OF, and more importantly to me, he profiles as a solid #2 behind Eaton. That's something I really wanna see, Lexi doesn't get on base enough, and he's a double play machine (and I'm not talking defensively).

And before someone brings up the lefty lefty at the top of the lineup, Aoki has some real nice reverse splits work in for him.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 04:41 PM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 5m5 minutes ago

If #WhiteSox trade Dayan Viciedo, they will end up looking for another RH outfielder to replace him. Otherwise, their OF would be too LH.

Someone make sense of this for me. What exactly is a too LH OF ? Ther'e only 3 OF positions and unless there's a switch hitter in the bunch it'll either be 2 RH's or 2 LH's. ANd there iare still some guys who bat LH but throw RH.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 07:19 PM)
Someone make sense of this for me. What exactly is a too LH OF ? Ther'e only 2 OF positions and unless there's a switch hitter in the bunch it'll either be 2 RH's or 2 LH's. ANd there iare still some guys who bat LH but throw RH.

Mirosi is simply talking out of his a$$. Hahn has said the exact opposite just a few weeks ago.

As it stands now, we might need to give Viciedo one more year. I wish he'd turn into at least an average defender, though.

It's possible he'll start to emerge as a star now that we on paper have a contending team. Guys like Eaton, LaRoche, Abreu, Lexi might rub off on him. And Shark is a veteran pitcher as well as our new closer.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 11:38 PM)
As it stands now, we might need to give Viciedo one more year. I wish he'd turn into at least an average defender, though.

It's possible he'll start to emerge as a star now that we on paper have a contending team.

I think he has a better chance of being valuable by accidentally hitting a ton of home runs than he does of being a good defender.

Gun to my head I would do Ackley for dayan straight up. Viciedos adventures in left put stress and pressure on the stud top of rotation and closer guys they now have. At least Ackley will be avg or better in left. Last thing we need is a viciedo "triple" pissing off sale and leading to over exertion, to give an example. Viciedos errors are the most egregious frustrating types for both the staff and fans.