2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 06:08 PM)
I will be shocked if they don't sign Price this offseason

You really think Illitch and the Tigers are going to give up on making the post-season so easily?

It's going to be interesting to see if they go after Cueto/Price, make the long anticipated trade of prospects/Castro for pitching OR BOTH.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 07:01 PM)
Man, it's over when this all comes together. I see a Blackhawks-like run.

Heh man you love making bold statements no matter the sport, right? This is baseball, even if you're the best team that kind of run is immensely more difficult to accomplish than it would be in other sports. They're beating up on a s***ty pitcher and suddenly that's enough to make them the next dynasty.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
Heh man you love making bold statements no matter the sport, right? This is baseball, even if you're the best team that kind of run is immensely more difficult to accomplish than it would be in other sports. They're beating up on a s***ty pitcher and suddenly that's enough to make them the next dynasty.

Yeah, whatever. By 2017, it's going to be like the movie Rookie of the Year except it's real life. You'd agree if it were anybody but the Cubs.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 07:30 PM)
Yeah, whatever. By 2017, it's going to be like the movie Rookie of the Year except it's real life. You'd agree if it were anybody but the Cubs.

You think the Cubs are gonna have a bad team and major attendance problems in 2017 until they sign a magic 12 year old?

I strongly disagree .

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 07:30 PM)

Hah, even a lot of koolaid drinking Cub fans would think you're being very optimistic.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 06:30 PM)

That's the funny thing about sports. Nobody is really calling the Cardinals or Giants (winners of 3/5) a dynasty, but we're using the same term with the Spurs or the Blackhawks.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 07:32 PM)
f***, might as well cancel the next decade of baseball. Cubs have that s*** on wrap B.

SI will finally not have jinxed someone if the Astros and Cubs face each other in the World Series, but it was supposed to happen next year.

Schwarber, Bryant and Russell combined tonight:

16 AB, 6 runs scored, 8 hits, triple (Schwarber), two homers (Bryant, grand slam and Russell), 9 RBI's

That's one entire week for the White Sox.

And that's without getting much of anything from Soler in the last month or so (now on the DL).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
Schwarber, Bryant and Russell combined tonight:

16 AB, 6 runs scored, 8 hits, triple (Schwarber), two homers (Bryant, grand slam and Russell), 9 RBI's

That's one entire week for the White Sox.

And that's without getting much of anything from Soler in the last month or so (now on the DL).

"Soler on the DL" has been a common occurrence at every stop. Those other fellas are pretty good, though.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 08:00 PM)
Kyle Schwarber . . . home run. Looks good up there, really good.

Also, not a chance he can stick in the outfield, competently. So, if he can't play catcher (and he can't yet), he's strictly a DH. They don't have those in the National League. So this will be interesting.

So I guess he can't play MLB then? lol. Stop. a sustained run of excellence is approaching.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
So I guess he can't play MLB then? lol. Stop. a sustained run of excellence is approaching.

"A sustained run of excellence" is a big downgrade from your "like watching rookie of the year" from yesterday. What made you sour on them so fast?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 08:02 PM)

Uh, I didn't say anything about the Cubs upcoming "sustained run of excellence." I said that Kyle Schwarber is a helluva hitting prospect who may not be able to play a position -- which is exactly the scouting report on him a year ago. That means he can be an absolutely devastating DH, which means, at the least, he has immense trade value for half the teams in baseball. He MAY be able to catch at some point, but even the Cubs know that he can't right now.

Reading. A skill.

QUOTE (coco1997 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 01:06 AM)
Small sample size but all of the Cubs big name prospects have looked like winners so far. It really makes this organization look pathetically inadequate.

On the offensive end, there is an insane talent gap between the Sox and Cubs. Only Avi would be able to start for them this year.