2015 Films thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)
Finally watched the first Hunger Games film.

My wife and I are trading off movies. She watched all of the Harry Potter films with me and I'm watching the Hunger Games films with her.

Maybe I'm just jaded by modern TV and film, but the movie seemed like a giant TV episode. There wasn't anything special about it and there really weren't any moments that made me awed or impressed.

Can anyone explain why this franchise is so great? Does it get better in the other films?

The first book is the best but the first movie has been the worst in the franchise so far. The movies get better and more professional looking after the 1st, as well as more suspenseful.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 10:41 AM)
The first book is the best but the first movie has been the worst in the franchise so far. The movies get better and more professional looking after the 1st, as well as more suspenseful.

Agreed. They weren't awesome, but the second and third movies were much better. Much less romance, more story line. Also worth noting is most of us are a little older and testonteronish then the intended audience.

In terms of the modern group of big book series turned into movies, I would rate this series WAY under Harry Potter, slightly above Divergent, and WAY above Twilight.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
It's shrunken on mine. Sorry. I'll remove

My browser had to download the full thing before it shrank it down so it took like 5-10 seconds. If you're using Wiki commons images there's a way to make sure it links to smaller ones.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 05:01 PM)
Last one comes out this winter.

with ref to the hunger games books series.... i like the first 2 books and i hated the 3rd book.

i saw the first 2 movies and i didn't see #3 and won't see #4

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
with ref to the hunger games books series.... i like the first 2 books and i hated the 3rd book.

i saw the first 2 movies and i didn't see #3 and won't see #4

+ 1

QUOTE (juddling @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 04:42 AM)
Triple feature at home today. American Sniper, Whiplash, and Unbroken. Don't think I could pick a favorite from those three.

for me, 1) Whiplash tie with Unbroken

i thought American Sniper, at the time was ok, now, after reading on him, i hated the movie.

Terminator was better than Rise of the Machines and Salvation...though Genisys is a terrible name. Felt like Emilia was miscast...good in some scenes bland in others, just like GoT now that I think about it. Same with Courtney. Was a few plot holes (there always are in these movies). Cheesy dialogue, could've went without the damn callback 1 liners from the first 2 movies. 2.5/5

Got what I expected so no complaints on paying to watch it...after credits sets up possible sequels, so if you watch stay for that.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 12:34 AM)
for me, 1) Whiplash tie with Unbroken

i thought American Sniper, at the time was ok, now, after reading on him, i hated the movie.

The worst movie that I have seen in a long time, American Sniper.

Fun Fact: Chris Pratt was supposed to star in that film and Spielberg was supposed to direct. The studio head agreed to back the movie only if Cooper starred, he originally intended just to be a producer. And Spielberg dropped the film because budgetary reasons, he wanted to make it an super intense psychological thriller and use a real baby.

The trailers for Trainwreck are starting to become more frequent on TV and LeBron should really stick to his day job. He's not an actor and you can easily tell. A lot of his line delivery seems really awkward.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
The trailers for Trainwreck are starting to become more frequent on TV and LeBron should really stick to his day job. He's not an actor and you can easily tell. A lot of his line delivery seems really awkward.

I think he looks pretty funny and natural.

Plus I doubt they are intending it to win him an Oscar.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 04:51 PM)
I think he looks pretty funny and natural.

Plus I doubt they are intending it to win him an Oscar.

I've seen the extended trailer and some of his lines are actually funny. Judd Apatow's one of my favorite directors.

But some of his lines along with the acting just seem awkward.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 07:01 PM)
Saw a few reviews from people that saw it at Sundance, they say he steals the scenes he is in.

Excited to see it, have a hunch it's going to be one of those classic comedies of the last 15 years (40 Year Old Virgin, Superbad, ect)

I mean yeah, it's LeBron James.

He looks like he won't have a major part in the movie, but probably will be in 4 or 5 scenes.

Finally got around to watching Anchorman 2.

I'd say it's 3 out of 5 stars. Not Oscar worthy or anything. It had a convoluted, weird plot; it had a lot of lame jokes and cameos that had me rolling my eyes. But, the one thing that it did actually succeed in doing, was that it actually make me laugh. It's the first movie in awhile that I actually laughed out loud at while watching. In fact, I laughed multiple times. It's a good rental if you enjoy dumb, goofy comedy and can handle stupid moments.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 06:55 AM)
Finally got around to watching Anchorman 2.

I'd say it's 3 out of 5 stars. Not Oscar worthy or anything. It had a convoluted, weird plot; it had a lot of lame jokes and cameos that had me rolling my eyes. But, the one thing that it did actually succeed in doing, was that it actually make me laugh. It's the first movie in awhile that I actually laughed out loud at while watching. In fact, I laughed multiple times. It's a good rental if you enjoy dumb, goofy comedy and can handle stupid moments.

I thought it was on point satirically. Especially with the fight between the different "news" channels.

Some of the gags weren't funny and too long. Like the shark thing was stupid. Lots could've been edited.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 08:05 AM)
I thought it was on point satirically. Especially with the fight between the different "news" channels.

Some of the gags weren't funny and too long. Like the shark thing was stupid. Lots could've been edited.

For me, the news team fight scene felt forced and unfunny because it was like, "Oh, we should do it again, but make it bigger with more celebrity cameos!"

It could have been left out and still have been a decent movie.