2015 Films thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 04:44 PM)
Im not a huge comic book guy so this may be a dumb question, but unless the name is misleading, wouldnt Superman be able to dismantle Batman pretty effortlessly?

That's my guess.

I think the trailer looks goods but that doesn't mean anything. The fact MoS was bad and Snyder is bad keeps me down on it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 04:44 PM)
Im not a huge comic book guy so this may be a dumb question, but unless the name is misleading, wouldnt Superman be able to dismantle Batman pretty effortlessly?

Superman could easily kill Batman but this is Superman, he dosen't want to kill anybody so when he fights Batman he will take a more evasive approach.

Batman knows that Superman could easily kill him, so he takes a series of precautions like the armored power suit and kryptonite to give himself a chance.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
dream that he had...or he had a dream that he had ADD, haha?

could be too quite different results there depending upon the interpretation

A dream that he had as a teenager, sorry blame it on the tablet.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)

I thought Man of Steel was one of the best movies of 2013 and the Superman movie that I always wanted to see. Its amazing how much world building that did for the DCEU and of looks like BvS is going to take that even further. Good choice by Zack Snyder and co. to make Bruce Wayne our 'in' character, it's going to be amazing to see Batman realize that he is just a man amongst gods, it's going to be awesome experiencing that alongside him. It's cool that Batman has been active for 20 years and is a weary veteran. I felt like I was one of the few people who liked the Wonder Woman casting and after seeing the trailer, I feel a bit validated. This looks like Snyder unleashed and it looks f***ing awesome. I can go on and on, I'm really excited for this.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 12:05 AM)
I thought Man of Steel was one of the best movies of 2013 and the Superman movie that I always wanted to see. Its amazing how much world building that did for the DCEU and of looks like BvS is going to take that even further. Good choice by Zack Snyder and co. to make Bruce Wayne our 'in' character, it's going to be amazing to see Batman realize that he is just a man amongst gods, it's going to be awesome experiencing that alongside him. It's cool that Batman has been active for 20 years and is a weary veteran. I felt like I was one of the few people who liked the Wonder Woman casting and after seeing the trailer, I feel a bit validated. This looks like Snyder unleashed and it looks f***ing awesome. I can go on and on, I'm really excited for this.

Could not possibly disagree more. Man of Steel was a mess and just about everything from Snyder recently has sucked. I have no reason to think this won't suck as well and a couple decent trailers won't change my opinion given that the trailers for Man of Steel were also well done.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 12:28 AM)
Could not possibly disagree more. Man of Steel was a mess and just about everything from Snyder recently has sucked. I have no reason to think this won't suck as well and a couple decent trailers won't change my opinion given that the trailers for Man of Steel were also well done.

Agreed 100%. It would take terrific reviews for me to even think about going to see it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 07:57 AM)
Agreed 100%. It would take terrific reviews for me to even think about going to see it.

Yup, would take a huge amount of praise to get me to see this. And that praise can't be from Joshua ;)

The Deadpool trailer brought the house down at Comic-con, can't wait for that trailer to drop

Also, suicide squad trailer (not official, shot by a fan) looks ok, but nothing I would run to the theater to see. I really don't like how Killer Croc looks

Why did you think it was a mess?

And Snyder is a very good director, Watchmen is a great movie, 300 is very well done and was a bit a cultural phenomenon when it came out, although Sucker Punch had its faults it is still entertaining. I haven't seen Legends of the Guardians but the children in my family loved it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
The Deadpool trailer brought the house down at Comic-con, can't wait for that trailer to drop

Also, suicide squad trailer (not official, shot by a fan) looks ok, but nothing I would run to the theater to see. I really don't like how Killer Croc looks

It leaked and its just as over the top crass and brutal as you'd hope, expectations have been raised. Definitely gonna carry an R rating and not a cheap one at that.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
It leaked and its just as over the top crass and brutal as you'd hope, expectations have been raised. Definitely gonna carry an R rating and not a cheap one at that.

Yea I saw it shortly after I posted this, it looks awesome

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
Oh and god bless TJ Miller.

Agreed

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)

And Snyder is a very good director, Watchmen is a great movie, 300 is very well done and was a bit a cultural phenomenon when it came out, although Sucker Punch had its faults it is still entertaining. I haven't seen Legends of the Guardians but the children in my family loved it.

Haven't seen the other movies you mentioned but Watchmen is unbelievably boring.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 12:34 PM)

If you substituted Ryan Reynolds, Gosling, Channing Tatum and Jake Gylenhaal for the four main leads, would it still be watchable?

Half the reason it was endurable was the Friday Night Cinemax element.

It was more like a series of set pieces thrown together haphazardly with about zero narrative cohesion.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 12:14 AM)
If you substituted Ryan Reynolds, Gosling, Channing Tatum and Jake Gylenhaal for the four main leads, would it still be watchable?

Half the reason it was endurable was the Friday Night Cinemax element.

It was more like a series of set pieces thrown together haphazardly with about zero narrative cohesion.

I guess you hated the comic too, because the film is the perfect adaptation, although he had to change the ending to fit the medium. It's panel to panel, bubble to bubble, the comic.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 12:45 AM)
I guess you hated the comic too, because the film is the perfect adaptation, although he had to change the ending to fit the medium. It's panel to panel, bubble to bubble, the comic.

lol

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
I turned Watchmen off after an hour. All visual style, no subtance for me.

Pretty much the graphic novel.

In the novel, Moore interspersed scenes with the boy at the newsstand and the pirate comic book story as a parallel to the action.

You can't do that with a movie.

The only thing I liked about Man of Steel was we got a bit more Krypton back story vs the original Superman movies, other than that, I hated it.

The new trailer for Batman/Superman: Dawn of Justice looks great, but all I could think was people are going to hate it. Why is there no jokes!! Be funny!

I can't really don't know about Suicide Squad. Trailer was better than expected, but I still can't get over the Joker looking a singer from a 90's Nu-metal band.

I also saw they are making an animated movie about of the comic Batman: The Killing Joke. One of the best comics ever made, artwork and story. They should make into a real life movie, but it's not funny so they probably know people will hate it.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)
The new trailer for Batman/Superman: Dawn of Justice looks great, but all I could think was people are going to hate it. Why is there no jokes!! Be funny!

I can't really don't know about Suicide Squad. Trailer was better than expected, but I still can't get over the Joker looking a singer from a 90's Nu-metal band.

I also saw they are making an animated movie about of the comic Batman: The Killing Joke. One of the best comics ever made, artwork and story. They should make into a real life movie, but it's not funny so they probably know people will hate it.

Why do you feel like people dont like these movies because there is not as much humor as Marvel? That is the last of any reasons I dont like Man of Steel, and also the last of any reasons I thought BvS trailer looked like a mess.

BvS looks like a soup with every possible ingredient thrown in, hoping that something stands out. Usually when movies are made like that, they end up pretty bland (XMen 3: The Last Stand) and pretty bad.