2015 Films thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
If you want a movie that is an absolute waste of two hours, check out snowpiercer. I can't even explain how bad it was.

I had heard good things so I had high expectations. I did not waste 2 hours though, I turned it off less than 50 minutes in.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
If you want a movie that is an absolute waste of two hours, check out snowpiercer. I can't even explain how bad it was.

This movie was so unbelievably hyped...it has a HUGE Internet "nerd" following, and it was flat out stupid.

It's an old story that's been told over and over in FAR better ways.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
This movie was so unbelievably hyped...it has a HUGE Internet "nerd" following, and it was flat out stupid.

It's an old story that's been told over and over in FAR better ways.

It seemed like it was trying to take the general idea of revolution of the poor and downtrodden from like a Hunger Games or Divergent, and then added the ending from Wall-E where the stupid humans stumble into the waiting earth.

QUOTE (juddling @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
Saw The Man from Uncle this weekend. I liked it a lot. great setup for a sequel but i believe it didn't do very well so I will assume that won't happen. The couple (or three) of hot women in there weren't bad either....

It was one of the better movies that I saw this summer.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 25, 2015 -> 06:32 AM)
Watched Birdman last night. It was boring and pointless. I don't get why it was so lauded by critics and won awards. It was one of the dullest and most uninteresting films that I've ever watched. 1.5 stars out of 5.

Very interesting cinematography, well-acted, but the story was kind of crap.

I'd probably go 2.5 stars out of 5, but it was pretty disappointing. I like Keaton a lot, so I was really excited to see it.....until I saw it.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 09:01 AM)
Very interesting cinematography, well-acted, but the story was kind of crap.

I'd probably go 2.5 stars out of 5, but it was pretty disappointing. I like Keaton a lot, so I was really excited to see it.....until I saw it.

Yeah. It was a thin plot and really...weird.

The ending wasn't worth the foreshadowing and story.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 04:12 PM)
Yeah. It was a thin plot and really...weird.

The ending wasn't worth the foreshadowing and story.

i remember i was praising this movie when it came out.

well, everyone does have opinions and have a every right to it.

at first i didn't know what to expect.... but i like it. i remember the late 50's black and white movies that had orson wells and burt lancaster. they were hard to get use to them, but it was great moving making.... this was just one of those movies just like glengarry glen ross. that movie was rough to watch.... but it was a great movie.

a movie that is a 1 time movie. ....

so the questions is expectations of the fans and a criteria for movies.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
I'm off today and U.N.C.L.E is the only thing I'm slightly willing to see. So if it sucks, I'm blaming ya'll.

uncle was ok.... not great.

i am a huge james bond fan. i really can see Henry Cavill as the next james bond.

Late to the party as usual with movies, but I just finished Mad Max: Fury Road. Great movie, awesome action, blah blah, all the usual accolades.

Here's a question though: if the main bad guy is hoarding his wives/trophies, and all of his soldiers are boys, why is Charlize Theron's character a lieutenant in his army? And why is she given control over his greatest war machine?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
Late to the party as usual with movies, but I just finished Mad Max: Fury Road. Great movie, awesome action, blah blah, all the usual accolades.

Here's a question though: if the main bad guy is hoarding his wives/trophies, and all of his soldiers are boys, why is Charlize Theron's character a lieutenant in his army? And why is she given control over his greatest war machine?

I think Miller prefers to just drop you into Mad Max's world with no explanations. And I am not being sarcastic, i think he prefers it to be just chaotic and crazy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)
I think Miller prefers to just drop you into Mad Max's world with no explanations. And I am not being sarcastic, i think he prefers it to be just chaotic and crazy

Well, for one most of the war boys I kind of understood to be his offspring, and while he hoarded wifes, he didn't seem to hoard all women.

But yes, that was one of the best movies I've seen in a decade.

I saw both Sicario and Pawn Sacrifice today

I was reminded that Tobey Maguire could act, and the cinematography is really good just like every movie shot by Bradford Young (Who is a young, black cinematographer who is being hailed as the next Roger Deakins. If you love movies, I suggest you look him up on youtube. His DP/40 interview is fantastic). However, all I could think as I watched was that the movie should've been directed by David Fincher, as his sensibilities really would've suited the material. Really solid movie.

If I was a member of the Academy, I would give Sicario my vote for best picture hands down (Ex Machina a close second). Holy s*** was I at the edge of my seat the entire time. Roger Deakins might finally win his Oscar, as the whole film looked beautiful really fluid camera work. Benecio Del Toro should get some award buzz too, as will Emily Blunt, who has made herself into a major leading lady over the course of the past few years.

I really like Denis Villeneuve as a director and the Blade Runner sequel couldn't be in better hands.