2015 Films thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
I heard it was shockingly funny- is this true?

"One of the funniest movies I've ever seen"

my sister came home and he is not a matt damon fan, but she loved it. she is going with her fiends to see it on weds.

has anyone seen the Big Stone Gap trailers???

it actually look very funny

I finally saw Avengers : Age of Ultron.

I really liked the first movie, but this one was underwhelming to me.

The Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver angle was flat to me because they couldn't use their true back stories due to the X-Men separation. I could see the tension between the characters creating the next Captain America film, but the whole film felt hollow and unsatisfying. The entire script seems to have been made as a continuation to the Marvel film theme as opposed to making one quality film. 2.5 stars out of 5

I felt "The Martian" was pretty great. The visuals are unbelievable. I have no clue about the scientific accuracies but I bought into it. It was fun, dramatic, funny, and interesting. Very glad it never went melodramatic which other movies would have.

I'm relieved Ridley Scott finally made another great movie.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)
I felt "The Martian" was pretty great. The visuals are unbelievable. I have no clue about the scientific accuracies but I bought into it. It was fun, dramatic, funny, and interesting. Very glad it never went melodramatic which other movies would have.

I'm relieved Ridley Scott finally made another great movie.

The worst people in the world are scientists complaining about hollywood space movies.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
The worst people in the world are scientists complaining about hollywood space movies.

Doug: In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is a magic xylophone, or something? Ha ha, boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Homer: I'll field that one. Let me ask *you* a question. Why would a grown man whose shirt says "Genius at Work" spend all of his time watching a children's cartoon show?

[embarrassed pause]

Doug: I withdraw my question.

tumblr_lt62enjg1a1qbvqgko1_500.jpg

The first and only trailer to The Force Awakens comes out on October 19th, according to the reliable Star Wars News net. They are the only site to come out and put their name on the line and attach it to a date.

Talked to someone at the film festival office who works with Syncopy, and you'll get more info about the new Christopher Nolan film before the holidays.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 05:04 PM)
The first and only trailer to The Force Awakens comes out on October 19th, according to the reliable Star Wars News net. They are the only site to come out and put their name on the line and attach it to a date.

By first and only trailer, don't you mean the third one so far? I've seen at least two. Do you mean first and only to be played in theaters?

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 05:04 PM)

Talked to someone at the film festival office who works with Syncopy, and you'll get more info about the new Christopher Nolan film before the holidays.

First and only? What about the one that's already out?

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:50 AM)
You guys must not be hip to the biz. Those first two were TEASERS not trailers. Peasants.

/flips hair and drinks tea with pinky out

lol, damn hipster.

I readily admit I am not "hip". I guess to me that is a distinction without a difference (teaser vs trailer), or maybe at most a difference of scale (trailers maybe have more material).

Hook is still fun to watch with the kids. It isnt a oscar winner, but I enjoyed the "What happened after peter pan grew up" take on the story, and I thought Robin Williams, Dustin Hoffman and Bob Hoskins all nailed their roles.

When my kids watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates, i still think of Bob Hoskins as Smee

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
Hook is still fun to watch with the kids. It isnt a oscar winner, but I enjoyed the "What happened after peter pan grew up" take on the story, and I thought Robin Williams, Dustin Hoffman and Bob Hoskins all nailed their roles.

When my kids watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates, i still think of Bob Hoskins as Smee

I do the same. Really anything Peter Pan related I refer to Hook. I watched that way more than the Disney Peter Pan movie as a kid.