2015 Films thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 12:22 AM)
Fantastic Four is apparently not being screened for critics until the 24 hours before its release which almost certainly means its a piece of s***. Hopefully Fox gives up on the Fantastic Four and the characters revert back to Marvel.

Apparently, the embargo has been lifted.

Just got back from a late screening of Southpaw and I really enjoyed it. I was really looking forward to seeing it and followed the production and it meant my hype. The camera work and cinematography was great and the way the fight scenes scenes were shot was like a mix of Terrence Malick and documentary style, lots of handheld and dare I say GoPro.

Jake G(Not going even going to try) was great and I could see him getting some award buzz.

But Rachel McAdams was good too but she does something so incredibly hot that I lost track of the plot for a bit. And according to Jake G. that was improvised completely by her without him knowing and you can totally see him break character for a second. I can't blame him, I would've shut down the set down and take a breather.

Before I say something really dirty, let me stop but go see Southpaw.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 02:06 AM)
Just got back from a late screening of Southpaw and I really enjoyed it. I was really looking forward to seeing it and followed the production and it meant my hype. The camera work and cinematography was great and the way the fight scenes scenes were shot was like a mix of Terrence Malice and documentary style, lots of handheld and dare I say GoPro.

Jake G(Not going even going to try) was great and I could see him getting some award buzz.

But Rachel McAdams was good too but she does something so incredibly hot that I lost track of the plot for a bit. And according to Jake G. that was improvised completely by her without him knowing and you can totally see him break character for a second. I can't blame him, I would've shut down the set down and take a breather.

Before I say something really dirty, let me stop but go see Southpaw.

Malick.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)
Horrible Bosses 2 was probably the worst movie I have seen in quite a while. You know a movie is bad when one of the outtakes after the movie is over has the funniest line in the entire movie.

I got sick of Charlie Day and Jason Sudekis acting like bigger idiots than the first movie. That along with the fact that it wasn't all that funny just ruined it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 11:06 AM)
I got sick of Charlie Day and Jason Sudekis acting like bigger idiots than the first movie. That along with the fact that it wasn't all that funny just ruined it.

Exactly. Sudekis in the first wasn't stupid. In 2, it was over the top.

I'm watching Trainwreck bit by bit and there's one thing that I found to be unrealistic...there's no way guys would be lining up to bang Amy Schumer. It's not like she's a 10/10. Hell if Bree Larson was the main character, it'd be a little more believable.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 11:06 AM)

The only scene I really laughed at was in the out takes where Bateman said something about it smelling like s***, and Sudekis said something about the smell being his horrible acting.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 11:09 AM)
I'm watching Trainwreck bit by bit and there's one thing that I found to be unrealistic...there's no way guys would be lining up to bang Amy Schumer. It's not like she's a 10/10. Hell if Bree Larson was the main character, it'd be a little more believable.

We, men, are horn dogs. If a girl that looks like Amy Schumer is willing to give it up with no attachments, she'd be able to get laid any night she wanted.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 11:09 AM)

Eh. It's not like they were making it out to be like all of these guys were falling in love with her (other than Cena and Hader's characters). Not unrealistic at all that she wouldn't have a hard time finding guys at bars to sleep with her.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)
Eh. It's not like they were making it out to be like all of these guys were falling in love with her (other than Cena and Hader's characters). Not unrealistic at all that she wouldn't have a hard time finding guys at bars to sleep with her.

It felt like the film made it seem like all the guys did fall in love with her or at least wanted more than a one night stand.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
American Movie was it for me....one of the funniest low budget indy movies of all-time. Just the part about Brett Favre was hilarious.

Of course, they were supposedly documenting the filming of an even lower budget movie called THE COVEN, which sounds a bit like that synopsis.

So it's either that one or Waiting for Guffman.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/imag...mp;fr=yfp-t-901

American Movie was amazing. I'll never forget the line "Oh KICK F*CKING ASS! I GOT A MASTERCARD!"

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
I wouldnt call a $80M movie low budget, especially for a basically original property. (They made the graphic novel to make the movie)

That $80 mil was wasted, then.

It looked like a TV movie with a few special effects.

Insurgent - Saw the first Divergent, the idea is a bit of a rehash, but it was a fun movie.

The second one normally is supposed to set up the third movie(s) but it wasn't as good as I expected. It was a muddle of a film and the suspenseful ending really wasn't shocking or interesting.

If I had paid $10+ to see it and wasn't a book reader, I would have felt bored and disappointed. 2 stars out of 5