2015 Films thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
I enjoyed it. The production values weren't high quality though. It looked small-budget.

I can't recall every scene, but I thought the church shooting thing was done very, very well. Its very hard to get something on that scale, right.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 11:08 PM)
I was never a comic kid but Deadpool looks f***ing amazing, can't wait for it.

My college roommates(they're almost as big of nerds as Kyyle) really got me into the Deadpool character. I'm REALLY looking forward to this movie.

Watched the Deadpool trailer, it kinda looks like they're banking on a Sin City-esque amount of blood & violence along with a generous amount of one-liner cheese mixed in. Not sure why the hype. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with the Deadpool story, and this is only a preview.

Maybe I just don't like this actor- I wasn't able to make it halfway through Green Lantern, and in this preview it seems like he's playing the same character, only more violent and in a different suit (didn't even know it was the same actor until afterwards). He was unwatchably annoying like 3 minutes into Green Lantern.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 11:01 AM)
So it appears that Fantastic Four is indeed a trainwreck of epic proportions. Fox really needs to give up on making Fantastic Four movies and let the rights go back to Marvel but I doubt that happens. Hopefully the movie bombs financially in spectacular fashion.

All Marvel character movies need to be done by Marvel/Disney - period.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
Watched the Deadpool trailer, it kinda looks like they're banking on a Sin City-esque amount of blood & violence along with a generous amount of one-liner cheese mixed in. Not sure why the hype. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with the Deadpool story, and this is only a preview.

Maybe I just don't like this actor- I wasn't able to make it halfway through Green Lantern, and in this preview it seems like he's playing the same character, only more violent and in a different suit (didn't even know it was the same actor until afterwards). He was unwatchably annoying like 3 minutes into Green Lantern.

Deadpool is a very different character. Ultra violent, breaks the 4th wall frequently, very funny. Reynolds was born to play this role

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 10:13 AM)
Ideally but at least Fox has made some solid X-Men movies so it doesn't bother me as much that they have the film rights there.

The longer X-Men has gone on, the less interested i have been in the movies. I did like First Class, but i thought the attempt to correct continuity in DoFP really put Singer in a tough spot. I really, REALLY dont like Apocalypses look in the previews of the next movie, hopefully Singer nails it though.

I think a lot of the problem i have with Fox is their aversion to blood and violence, when they have one of the most bloody violent characters in Wolverine. They tried to force Deadpool into PG-13 and nobody would go for it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)
Josh Trank is implying that the studio messed with the final cut of Fantastic Four, and his cut is better

It's probably a bad sign when a director rips his own movie on opening weekend.

I like FF, but this will probably be the last movie about them, maybe forever.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:15 AM)
It's probably a bad sign when a director rips his own movie on opening weekend.

I like FF, but this will probably be the last movie about them, maybe forever.

The only reason Fox even made the movie was to keep the rights. It was a bad idea from the start and it looks like the execution was beyond terrible. Hopefully Fox doesn't try to reboot this again in 7 years just to keep the rights and the rights revert back to Marvel.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
The only reason Fox even made the movie was to keep the rights. It was a bad idea from the start and it looks like the execution was beyond terrible. Hopefully Fox doesn't try to reboot this again in 7 years just to keep the rights and the rights revert back to Marvel.

Or cut a deal similar to Spiderman/Sony and let Fox retain the rights and share profits

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 11:57 AM)
I don't even think Marvel would want to touch this one for a while. Maybe ten years down the line.

They took on Spiderman 2 years after Amazing Spiderman 2 fell on its face. I dont think they are worried about previously failed properties, especially one as big as F4

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 01:28 PM)
They took on Spiderman 2 years after Amazing Spiderman 2 fell on its face. I dont think they are worried about previously failed properties, especially one as big as F4

Spider-man 2 was just kinda bad, not really good, but not 9% on Rotten Tomatoes bad. It also has the top selling Marvel superhero. Outside of Batman, I think Super-Man is the highest selling comic.

These Fantastic Four movies(this one and the previous two) are historically awful. With characters that probably aren't as popular as they used to be.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
Spider-man 2 was just kinda bad, not really good, but not 9% on Rotten Tomatoes bad. It also has the top selling Marvel superhero. Outside of Batman, I think Super-Man is the highest selling comic.

These Fantastic Four movies(this one and the previous two) are historically awful. With characters that probably aren't as popular as they used to be.

The funny thing im reading about the reviews is that the movie starts out not bad(even good, according to some reviewers), and then just gets totally lost in the middle when they get their powers and face off against Doom. Apparently Dooms motives are pretty murky and it doesnt make much sense.

The comparison with Spiderman was more to point out that both movies were rushed, and it seems in both movies the Studios really mucked with the directors visions. I know you arent a fan of what marvel is doing, but they get their directors on point before filming. All of the directors that left their projects (Wright, Favreau, etc) were off the project before filming started. Both Sony and Fox seem to meddle in the middle of filming

edit: one caveat to my above statement is The Incredible Hulk. But the studio blames Norton for meddling, and Norton blames the studio for meddling. Given that Norton has a little bit of a diva reputation, i will call it a draw

I saw fantastic 4 last night and despite all the bad reviews the movie was actually quite entertaining. The first half hour of the movie is really good with how they introduce all the characters, but after that the movie falls off the rails. When you watch the movie and see all the continuity errors and the unwarranted tonal shift it's apparent that the movie was tampered with after Josh Trank turned in his cut. If Josh Trank had final cut, which I'm unaware of, he could sue Fox. There are tons of scenes missing and a lot of stuff from the trailers is not present in the film, like the chase scene with Reed in his car racing through the cornfield.

I feel really bad for Josh Trank, I remember him talking about the movie soon after he was announced as the director and said that he wanted it to be like David Cronenberg body horror/Sci Fi films and that premise really excited me because the first 4 issues of the original book fit that description perfectly, where the characters are struggling to come to terms with their powers (I have a huge collection of FF comics, the John Byrne and Bryan Hitch stuff is really good). The first 30 minutes of the movie deliver that concept but it's not followed up.

There was a lot of bad press surrounding this movie and I think that the vast majority of that was complete BS. I think that Fox is in such a panic to keep the rights that when Josh Trank turned in his sci-fi/body horror movie that Fox freaked out and tried to Frankenstein it into a conventional superhero movie.

This movie had so much right going for it but Fox had to cut their nose to spite their face.

If the rights do end up reverting back to Marvel, I hope they keep this cast and story going but that appears to be unlikely because the movie is tracking well.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
The majority is too strong for me to even think about seeing F4.

I need to check out The Gift. Reviews are through the roof. Edgerton is an underrated asset.

But he did play an Egyptian.

The fact that they used "It's clobberin time" for Ben's brother abusing him is appalling.

Also, anyone could see this disaster coming, though not THIS big of a disaster.

Fox wants the rights to do a live-action X-Men TV show, which Marvel has. So they might do a trade of X-Men TV for FF.

If Marvel gets the rights back, they need to skip the origin and use the Future Foundation branding instead of Fantastic Four.

But best of all, we can see (a hopefully comic book faithful) Doom square off against the Avengers. Or Galactus. Or Kang. Or Annihilus. Or a Skrull - Kree war.