2015 TV Thread

LDF

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 16, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)
It was kind of funny to see Jim Carrey on the stage at the end of SNL 40, considering he never made it to a castmember, and was actually an In Living Color cast member

I honestly think it was In Living Color that pushed the great revival we saw of SNL in the 90's.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say I am impressed with what CW is doing with The Flash.

I really didnt think they would bring out Grod so soon, and he looked good for a TV show gorilla

I really like Harrison Wells character, his motives are slowly coming out, but he has been great at playing both sides

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 05:29 AM)
There was a lot of good stuff there. Too bad Eddie lost his mojo, I'm sure he would have killed it as Cosby

I find it funny that Brett Ratner speaks for Eddie. WTF?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 12:35 AM)
What exactly is this show about? What would you compare it to?

I don't know what I would compare it to. But it takes place in the '80s when the US was still engaged in the Cold War with the Soviet Union. The show centers on a couple who are Soviet spies living in the US and have been for years. They're completely Americanized (at least to everyone else's viewpoint). They have a couple kids and run a travel agency...by day. They work covertly for the Soviet Union, running missions, turning people against the US, etc. There's a lot more to it, but that's the general idea. One of the best shows on TV.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 05:54 AM)
I find it funny that Brett Ratner speaks for Eddie. WTF?

Yea, that is pretty weird. You look at Ratners IMDB, and literally the only connection they have is the recently announced Beverly Hills Cop 4.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 07:10 AM)
You somehow forgot the memorable Tower Heist.

My guess is Ratner gave into every Murphy demand and did everything he wanted, therefore, Eddie trusts and likes him no matter how awful of a director he is.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 12:35 AM)
What exactly is this show about? What would you compare it to?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 06:25 AM)
I don't know what I would compare it to. But it takes place in the '80s when the US was still engaged in the Cold War with the Soviet Union. The show centers on a couple who are Soviet spies living in the US and have been for years. They're completely Americanized (at least to everyone else's viewpoint). They have a couple kids and run a travel agency...by day. They work covertly for the Soviet Union, running missions, turning people against the US, etc. There's a lot more to it, but that's the general idea. One of the best shows on TV.

^Pretty much that. I guess you could compare it to that new NBC show called like "Allegiance" or something, although I refuse to watch that show because I feel like they are trying to capitalize off The American's success.

Pitts forgot to mention that the family lives next to a guy who is an agent with the FBI, and they have befriended him. So it has the Breaking Bad element of two characters are close friends (Walt and Hank), but yet the one is unknowingly chasing after the other person at work.

It's a really good show. The only negative about the show is that about 25% of the show's dialogue is in Russian, so you have to read subtitles, and the main characters have so many different disguises and personas that it can be a little hard to follow who they are pretending to be with whom.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
^Pretty much that. I guess you could compare it to that new NBC show called like "Allegiance" or something, although I refuse to watch that show because I feel like they are trying to capitalize off The American's success.

Pitts forgot to mention that the family lives next to a guy who is an agent with the FBI, and they have befriended him. So it has the Breaking Bad element of two characters are close friends (Walt and Hank), but yet the one is unknowingly chasing after the other person at work.

It's a really good show. The only negative about the show is that about 25% of the show's dialogue is in Russian, so you have to read subtitles, and the main characters have so many different disguises and personas that it can be a little hard to follow who they are pretending to be with whom.

That is a very important part of the show. Now that you mention it, the scenario does resemble the Walt/Hank situation.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)
That is a very important part of the show. Now that you mention it, the scenario does resemble the Walt/Hank situation.

And like Breaking Bad, I think that is where the show ultimately ends, with Stan vs. the Russian guy (I can never remember his name or her name. I just know he goes by Clark sometimes. It's weird that I know Henry, Paige, Stan, Nina, Igor, but I can't remember the names of the 2 main characters. lol. Elizabeth maybe?)