2015 TV Thread

LDF

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)
I expected some more action given the set-up. I think the reality is, the episode was disappointing because we expected more "deaths" than anything else. Instead, it looked like they halted some more of the killing until the return.

Yeah, there was a lot of hype going into the episode, and there were many theories and guesses as to who might die or lose a body part. What they did was actually end it on a cliff-hanger. You just know something bad is about to go down.

Now we have to wait 2 months.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 11:27 AM)
When will people stop tripping in TWD? It'll never not annoy me, especially when someone like Carol does it. Have you ever tripped and fell while running in your entire life? Such a lazy and overdone trope at this point.

Technically, when running for you life and dealing with major hurdles, who knows. A lot more probable than say running on a nice and normal track.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)
When will people stop tripping in TWD? It'll never not annoy me, especially when someone like Carol does it. Have you ever tripped and fell while running in your entire life? Such a lazy and overdone trope at this point.

It's not the tripping that bothers me, it's that tripping basically means that they then are required to wait there with horror on their face until someone comes to help them get back to their feet.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)
It's not the tripping that bothers me, it's that tripping basically means that they then are required to wait there with horror on their face until someone comes to help them get back to their feet.

I don't think anyone helped her get back on her feet.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 01:27 PM)
Morgan ran back to her, she picked up a bunch of bullets and ran with him

Yeah....meaning Morgan never helped her up. She looked at him and he looked at her and she was like, I got this (didn't say it, but she wanted nothing to do with Morgan and it almost looked like, for a second, Morgan wanted nothing to do with her). Will be interesting how Morgan changes based upon what happened (and what happens to his character).

People need to stop thinking that he Walking Dead is anything more than an escape artist show. The mid-season finale was a disappointment because the whole season up until this episode was great.

They run the risk of killing off main characters and having the show slide like what happened on the Sons of Anarchy when Opie was killed.

You need to be invested in the characters in order for the show to succeed and those characters are

Carol

Glenn

Daryl

Michone

That is my personal list as Rick and Carl do nothing for me.

I took it as the ants were the walkers and the cookie was Alexandria.

re:Chappas, This first half of the season was pretty poor, probably the worse one yet. By pulling that crap with Glenn now the viewers will not take any death as final. The best part about the show is (like GOT) nobody is safe. If no main characters can die then it's a lot like a prequel where you know certain characters are never truly in danger.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)
I took it as the ants were the walkers and the cookie was Alexandria.

re:Chappas, This first half of the season was pretty poor, probably the worse one yet. By pulling that crap with Glenn now the viewers will not take any death as final. The best part about the show is (like GOT) nobody is safe. If no main characters can die then it's a lot like a prequel where you know certain characters are never truly in danger.

I disagree. I thought the first half was one of the best ever and the only reason I hear people upset with the first half is because they didn't like how long they dragged the Glenn story. If people weren't so worked up on that, I think they'd have realized it was a very strong first half of the season. But instead, after Glenn went missing, for 3 episodes (or whatever it was), people purely watched to see what happened to Glenn and ignored the rest of the action in between. And then, because of past events during mid-season finale's they had an expectation for main character death...but instead the writers left it with a cliffhanger and changed things up (to go to the fact that you shouldn't necessarily know what to expect).

People also have the concept of Negan in their minds as well and are excited for him so because of all these forwarding looking aspects people are focused on, they ignore the drive along the way, which was, by and large, very entertaining.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
For those of you who watch a lot of shows and want to keep up with when new episodes are on and which ones you haven't watched yet I would suggest the "TV Shows Favs" app. I have been using it for a few years and it helps me out a lot

I took your advice and looked at the app store. Found one called Next Episode. It's free, but there's a Pro option for $1.99. I upgraded, and it's worth it. I think the best feature is What's Next. It will tell you when the next new episode of every one of your shows will be on.

Thanks for the info.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 07:54 AM)
I took your advice and looked at the app store. Found one called Next Episode. It's free, but there's a Pro option for $1.99. I upgraded, and it's worth it. I think the best feature is What's Next. It will tell you when the next new episode of every one of your shows will be on.

Thanks for the info.

Maybe mine is only an android app.