2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
Fallout 4 Big Papi mod

Also, comically, MLB isn't happy.

“The use of these marks is an infringement of our rights. We plan to enforce those rights,” an MLB spokesman said in an e-mail Thursday.

David Ortiz is a righty??!

I'll be honest, I've never played Fallout. It's obviously all the hype right now, and all my friends are getting it, but I don't know if I want it.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 07:41 PM)
Uncharted 2 is still one of my favorite games. I got hooked on the multiplayer in 3 as well (yes, I know I'm doing it wrong). Can't wait for 4 to come out.

I can't decide if I want to get Battlefront or not. I fear it will be like Destiny in that it's a fun but highly flawed game that I won't play for more than a few weeks unless I have some friends to keep dragging me back to it (you people know you who you are!).

C'mon back to Destiny. The new raid is a blast.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
Yeah, that took me a LONG time. It was a combo of moltov's and Rightous Authority for me, but there has to be an easier way.

Now that I have a Fat Man, whenever I encounter one of the "super bosses" in the game (wait until you meet "Swan"), I go and pick it up from my workbench, and end things pretty quickly.

Swan was f***ing cool! Took me like 10 minutes to take him down, easiest way is to lure him out of the pond into the city streets where you have more cover and s*** to get in his way.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 07:36 PM)
Without Power Armor? Impressive.

I love what they did with the new power armor but I feel like I'm never going to use it unless I absolutely have to. I tend to favor light, agile, stealth builds for quick maneuvering and lots of inventory space, the power armor is just too clunky for me. I think it may have been a legendary Ghoul of some sort I killed that dropped metal leg armor that increased my speed by 10% which is super cool, if you see any legendary enemies, even if it's going to be a really tough fight give it a shot because they drop some really cool s***, random armor/weapons with special abilities.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)
I love what they did with the new power armor but I feel like I'm never going to use it unless I absolutely have to. I tend to favor light, agile, stealth builds for quick maneuvering and lots of inventory space, the power armor is just too clunky for me. I think it may have been a legendary Ghoul of some sort I killed that dropped metal leg armor that increased my speed by 10% which is super cool, if you see any legendary enemies, even if it's going to be a really tough fight give it a shot because they drop some really cool s***, random armor/weapons with special abilities.

I do too. I always do a hard save before I start a new quest so that if it becomes ridiculously hard, I can load and grab the power armor.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
It's an incredibly involved, deep game. I can't imagine never playing a Fallout game before and jumping into Fallout 4, it'd be massively overwhelming especially with how poorly the game explains it's mechanics, often not explaining them at all.

I'm still working my way through Assassins black flag and COD ghosts. Im way behind

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 01:00 PM)
It's an incredibly involved, deep game. I can't imagine never playing a Fallout game before and jumping into Fallout 4, it'd be massively overwhelming especially with how poorly the game explains it's mechanics, often not explaining them at all.

The complete lack of tutorials/hand holding is really astonishing. There's so many things I've had to look up myself because there was no explanation.

KEYRINGS. WHY DID THEY REMOVE THE KEYRING?!

And dumping notes and holotapes into one giant "Misc" mess sucks, too. That stuff was broken out separately in FO3 and in Skyrim (Skyrim had separate tabs for books and for keys).

Some bizarre decisions by Bethesda there that hopefully the modding community will fix shortly.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
I was surprised that armor and guns don't deteriorate in Fallout 4.

I'm not really mad they don't have that, but it does kind of make sense in the game world.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)
It just brought in another annoying inventory management aspect, though.

I thought I would miss it because of the realism, then realized I didn't have to lug around 3 pieces of each time or armor in case it needed emergency repairs.

• 2 weeks later...