2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 came out and is an abject disaster. I've watched some reviews and glitch videos, and I'm astounded Activision even decided to release this game, let alone charge the full $60 for it. Not that it would be good at any price.

How disapointing. Was rushed because the rights to the franchise expired like this week.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 came out and is an abject disaster. I've watched some reviews and glitch videos, and I'm astounded Activision even decided to release this game, let alone charge the full $60 for it. Not that it would be good at any price.

Activision is a POS company.

Edited by TheTruth05

Far Cry Primal announced today. February release date.

Not sure what to think. I LOVE the Far Cry series, so I trust them, and a game in the Stone Age sounds pretty cool and completely unique...... HOWEVER. Lack of guns and vehicles are going to make them have to be extremely clever and creative with making the game fun anyway. Maybe some sort of "Tarzan" type s*** where you can slide down elongated branches? Some way to make traveling faster than just running through a forest.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 06:34 PM)
Far Cry Primal announced today. February release date.

Not sure what to think. I LOVE the Far Cry series, so I trust them, and a game in the Stone Age sounds pretty cool and completely unique...... HOWEVER. Lack of guns and vehicles are going to make them have to be extremely clever and creative with making the game fun anyway. Maybe some sort of "Tarzan" type s*** where you can slide down elongated branches? Some way to make traveling faster than just running through a forest.

Exactly what I was thinking. Its hard not to trust them because I loved the last 2 games, but the lack of weapons worries me. Some of the most fun you can have is freeing outposts with silenced sniper rifles.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 08:06 PM)
Exactly what I was thinking. Its hard not to trust them because I loved the last 2 games, but the lack of weapons worries me. Some of the most fun you can have is freeing outposts with silenced sniper rifles.

Yep, exactly. Silenced sniper from quarter mile away was my specialty. I'm guessing there will be some sort of long-range bow, but that's going to be SOOO much harder. Maybe rock catapults or something? lol, no idea.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 12:23 PM)
Battlefront Beta downloading right now. It's a little under 8 GB, yet I have 15 more hours to wait!!! I hate my f***ing WiFi..

I tried downloading the Black Ops III beta whenever it came out (August?). The estimated time was 114 hours. And my WiFi is pretty good... sometimes I just don't understand PS4 downloads.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 12:32 PM)
Better than last year, but the menus are laggy as f***, especially Ultimate Team.

The game has forced me to restart my Xbox at least 5 times.

I really like the gameplay as well, but it takes like 2 minutes to load which is crazy to me.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)
I really like the gameplay as well, but it takes like 2 minutes to load which is crazy to me.

It boggles my mind how EA makes both FIFA and Madden, yet FIFA's menus are so much more polished and faster than Madden's.

Ok, the giant 20v20 Hoth battles are actually a lot more fun. You can get inside the turrets, which is fun, but best of all, you get to fly the X and Y wings, you can fly the Tie-Intercepters, control the AT-AT, AT-ST, and even play as Darth Vader. You only get like a certain time limit on these things, so it gives everyone a shot. Of course when I controlled Vader, I didn't know what I was doing and didn't see a single enemy for the entire 60 seconds, which is HARD to do in 20v20. Plus, you have to be up close to someone to do anything, so people just avoid you. Controlling the giant AT-AT was the coolest though.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 03:34 AM)
I don't understand why they didn't put a campaign in Battlefront. I would have bought it. All they had to do was make two missions per map, one with the Rebels and one with the Empire.

Yeah, me too. My brother and I always had a blast playing against the bots in the old battlefront. I just don't get to play videogames much anymore and online is usually too difficult of a learning curve.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 12:21 AM)
Ok, the giant 20v20 Hoth battles are actually a lot more fun. You can get inside the turrets, which is fun, but best of all, you get to fly the X and Y wings, you can fly the Tie-Intercepters, control the AT-AT, AT-ST, and even play as Darth Vader. You only get like a certain time limit on these things, so it gives everyone a shot. Of course when I controlled Vader, I didn't know what I was doing and didn't see a single enemy for the entire 60 seconds, which is HARD to do in 20v20. Plus, you have to be up close to someone to do anything, so people just avoid you. Controlling the giant AT-AT was the coolest though.

Yeah, that Hoth battle is the f***ing s***.

I killed Luke Skywalker. I felt terrible about this. But then he came back and killed me.

I'm not good enough yet to ever get to be a jedi or sith, but man, those 60 seconds must fly by. I did go ham in an AT-AT.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 07:52 AM)
Yeah, that Hoth battle is the f***ing s***.

I killed Luke Skywalker. I felt terrible about this. But then he came back and killed me.

I'm not good enough yet to ever get to be a jedi or sith, but man, those 60 seconds must fly by. I did go ham in an AT-AT.

LOL, videogame story guilt

QUOTE (SnB @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 07:25 AM)
Yeah, me too. My brother and I always had a blast playing against the bots in the old battlefront. I just don't get to play videogames much anymore and online is usually too difficult of a learning curve.

I want an open world Star Wars game. Make it Far Cry Star Wars if you must, whatever, just give me open world and a big story. Leave online mode for the "when I'm bored" stage of the game.