ST: 3/24 vs Rockies

flavum

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
I feel like every pitch Danks has thrown so far has been letter-high.

He's toast. Wish they would just pay his freight out of town. He had what, the 3rd worst qualified FIP in MLB last year? His FIP over his last 200 innings is 4.9.

Injuries to shoulders really suck for pitchers. It's impressive he even came back from the capsule surgery and is still in MLB. John Santana I don't think has thrown even 100 MLB innings since his.

We've certainly got a lot of "hawkisms" already this spring. We've got:

1) Bo Jackson's 1 iron

2) fast baserunners stress pitchers more than home runs

3) baseball is the only sport where offense doesn't control the ball

surely I've missed some as well. I'm so f***ing tired of him it's going to be a long season. And as I ALWAYS SAY -- Hawk is a legend, a boyhood treasure -- but put him out to pasture please.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)

1) Bo Jackson's 1 iron

surely I've missed some as well. I'm so f***ing tired of him it's going to be a long season. And as I ALWAYS SAY -- Hawk is a legend, a boyhood treasure -- but put him out to pasture please.

He's definitely doddering at this point, but I still love him. :hawk:

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)

1) Bo Jackson's 1 iron

He said Saturday that Alexei Ramirez in 2014 had the best defensive season by a shortstop he had ever seen. I am not exaggerating or misquoting. Those were his words.

I'm with you - when he retires I will enjoy watching Sox games a lot more. I wish he could just call the ***ing game without giving us his thesis about the state of baseball as we know it every two innings. No other announcer does that. The closest is Jeff Van Gundy and he's annoying as hell too.

Wow Gordon turned on a ball.

Who is this pitcher he's throwing meatballs. I honestly think I could have done something with that one. Right down the middle belt high changeup Flowers takes it out of the park in that nice light air.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)
Melky having a nightmare inning. But I thought we were suppose to have the best defensive outfield in baseball this season Hawk?

Eh, I don't want to make excuses for any pro player but on March 23rd in the 5th inning on a high sky day isn't exactly the most ideal circumstances to try and stay sharp. These guys are ready for real games and it's hard to keep that edge through 25+ spring games.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 09:36 PM)
Melky having a nightmare inning. But I thought we were suppose to have the best defensive outfield in baseball this season Hawk?

With Melky/Avi/Gillaspie/Johnson likely starting, it has the makings of a mediocre defense. Just have to hope those guys hit enough to overcome their defense.