Ballpark Pass/Plus

he gone.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're actually doing this to SUPPRESS paid attendance figures, since tickets under $3 each don't count towards paid attendance and the rent they pay for the ballpark is based on paid attendance. But they still get a little bit of ticket revenue from seats that would've gone unsold anyway, plus added concession/merchandise sales, plus a fuller ballpark leads to more ad revenue and gives the image that Sox tickets are scarce and people should buy tickets for summer games now. Smart move on all points. Only question is how rainouts will be handled.

QUOTE (Jason82807 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
They're actually doing this to SUPPRESS paid attendance figures, since tickets under $3 each don't count towards paid attendance and the rent they pay for the ballpark is based on paid attendance. But they still get a little bit of ticket revenue from seats that would've gone unsold anyway, plus added concession/merchandise sales, plus a fuller ballpark leads to more ad revenue and gives the image that Sox tickets are scarce and people should buy tickets for summer games now. Smart move on all points. Only question is how rainouts will be handled.

If that was the case, they'd paper ( comp) the joint. The rent can't exceed 3 million. So "suppressing " attendance to save a million dollars is half ass backwards. Especially considering that this offer is good on free shirt mondays, a giveaway that has no sponsor. Meaning te sox are paying for the shirts.

This is to draw in extra revenue and make the park look fuller on TV.

Do you think they LIKE being #27 out of 30 teams in attendance? You think they like getting s*** offers for sponsorship?

The sox have the BEST stadium deal in MLB. They can swallow the additional rent payment just on konerko night's beer sales.

Edited by ewokpelts

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 05:58 PM)
If that was the case, they'd paper ( comp) the joint. The rent can't exceed 3 million. So "suppressing " attendance to save a million dollars is half ass backwards. Especially considering that this offer is good on free shirt mondays, a giveaway that has no sponsor. Meaning te sox are paying for the shirts.

This is to draw in extra revenue and make the park look fuller on TV.

Do you think they LIKE being #27 out of 30 teams in attendance? You think they like getting s*** offers for sponsorship?

The sox have the BEST stadium deal in MLB. They can swallow the additional rent payment just on konerko night's beer sales.

Isn't free t shirt Monday capped at 10k shirts? They probably pay about $1 each for those. A friend of mine used to sell bootleg concert t shirts. It used to cost him $0.80 each to produce, and he wasn't doing anywhere near 10k in volume.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 11:44 PM)
I would be all over this if it was another two month portion of the season. Guess my 14 game plan will have to do.

It wouldn't be offered this cheap for any other time of the year. The point is to fill the part during its least utilized times.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 02:16 AM)
Isn't free t shirt Monday capped at 10k shirts? They probably pay about $1 each for those. A friend of mine used to sell bootleg concert t shirts. It used to cost him $0.80 each to produce, and he wasn't doing anywhere near 10k in volume.
They still are paying for them. Not pepsi or miller, or any other sponsor.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
They still are paying for them. Not pepsi or miller, or any other sponsor.

Yes but they probbly already had 10k tickets sold for these games, and probably a little more. This promotion isn't going to effect the amount of shirts required.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)
Yes but they probbly already had 10k tickets sold for these games, and probably a little more. This promotion isn't going to effect the amount of shirts required.

I have been to april night games where the announced crowd is 14k and ther are less than 6k in the stands. Thats why they have the monday shirt promo. To Get people in the park.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:16 AM)
Anybody try using the App to get the tickets? I have seen both April 10 and April 11 that the app should be working to access the tickets. I have had no luck thus far with the app.

Anyone else who bought a pass try the app yet?

Ballpark Pass Plus

For a one-time cost of $49, you are guaranteed a seat at U.S. Cellular Field for 21 games during the months of April and May (excluding Opening Day and May 23)*.

Ballpark Pass

For a one-time cost of $29, you are guaranteed a seat at U.S. Cellular Field for 11 Monday-Thursday games during the months of April and May**.

It's not suppose to work for today.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:24 AM)
I know that, but the game it is supposed to work for is in about 24 hours and the app is not cooperating with me yet.

It's my understanding that they text you 2 hours before game time where your seats will be.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 11:41 AM)
It's my understanding that they text you 2 hours before game time where your seats will be.

The App itself allows you into the game without actual tickets for a specific seat.

Q: How do I get into U.S. Cellular Field with my Ballpark Pass?

A: Your ticket for all games included with your pass can be found in the MLB.com Ballpark app. Download the MLB.com Ballpark app and create (or login to a pre-existing) MLB.com account using the same email address you purchased your White Sox Ballpark Pass with. This will provide you with a digital barcode that you can use to scan for admission into U.S. Cellular Field.

Q: Am I allowed to enter U.S. Cellular Field before I receive my seat location for that game?

A: Yes! Your barcode will allow you access into U.S. Cellular Field, even before your seat location for that game is assigned.

I couldnt pull up anything on the app despite reading the directions and trying multiple times. Went up to a window and they gave me a GA ticket.

They had a guy out there on Sunday in front of the ChiSox Bar & Grill helping people out. Made it work for us, make sure your ballpark app is linked to the account you bought the tickets on. I was in the 100's both games for basically free.